Mismatch of the Year

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Tonyle40
Captain

Mismatch of the Year

Post#1 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm

My squad, EmpireTK421 just got matched up with Alianza Jedi......we have a total of 86k medals and Alianza has just under 2MM!!! How does that happen? This is the second time in a row that this has happened. The only thing I can think of is we have our top guy at 27k medals and the rest of us are hovering around 5-6k medals. Could that be throwing off the ranking? Otherwise, I have NO IDEA!!! Any help/comments are greatly appreciated

jaybinx
Captain

Re: Mismatch of the Year

Post#2 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm

its because you don't have enough high base score 10s/prestige in your war party. there seems to be a dead space in matchmaking for teams like yours that put 5 or 6 high level bases mixed with lower levels.
you need to only put in 2(maybe 3) high level bases, mixed with lower levels -which you will then get matched with similar squads.
medals don't mean anything(or very little). total base score of the 15 members is what matters
i'm sure others can explain in more detail... but i'm in 2 squads and have dealt with the mismatching and finally figured out the right mixture for each squad to avoid the mismatches:
-very few 10s/prestige to get fair matches
-or 12+ high level 10s/prestige to get matched with similar
anything between and you get matched with monsters
Last edited by jaybinx on Wed May 22, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi-Warlords

DarthWalker
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:52 pm

We are enduring the very same.

Our war party's total base score is 25164
We currently are matched against 47926 all prestige RUS-*.
Our last war was similarly matched against 45621 all but 2 prestige Iron_Rebels_Alph (featuring ObiTwo).

Good practice for myself & our 1 other prestige who can practice against the big dogs but an utter waste of time for the rest of our hq9s & under.
Leader of TheDarkKnight501 (Level 50 Imp All Perks Open)

Looking for active squad warriors to join our casual group. All languages welcome. No chat apps required.

Beththeboss
Commander

Post#4 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 am

One tip is don’t start matchmaking at the following times otherwise you risk matching a big squad.

Monday - 5pm-6pm GMT
Wednesday - 7pm-9pm GMT
Friday - 8pm-10pm GMT
Saturday - 2pm-3pm GMT

going after these times is also risky if you’re an imp squad.

Alianza would be open to negotiating terms to make the match more interesting if you’re on LINE @Tonyle40?
Empire Lvl 11 100k+ medals (Leader Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 10 20k+ medals (Officer Circleof.Sabers)

marciosdutra
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am

Tonyle40 wrote:My squad, EmpireTK421 just got matched up with Alianza Jedi......we have a total of 86k medals and Alianza has just under 2MM!!! How does that happen? This is the second time in a row that this has happened. The only thing I can think of is we have our top guy at 27k medals and the rest of us are hovering around 5-6k medals. Could that be throwing off the ranking? Otherwise, I have NO IDEA!!! Any help/comments are greatly appreciated

Your squadron crossed mine because you asked for war as elite squadrons come in to trigger the wars, we'll leave the planets with your squad and play against them for better fun.
Alianza_Jedi/SithsPawn - (Line ID: marciosdutra) Brasil

Tonyle40
Captain

Post#6 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:52 am

sounds good to me marciodutra - we'll give it a whirl - i'll be very happy with 10!!!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#7 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:20 pm

marciosdutra wrote:
Tonyle40 wrote:My squad, EmpireTK421 just got matched up with Alianza Jedi......we have a total of 86k medals and Alianza has just under 2MM!!! How does that happen? This is the second time in a row that this has happened. The only thing I can think of is we have our top guy at 27k medals and the rest of us are hovering around 5-6k medals. Could that be throwing off the ranking? Otherwise, I have NO IDEA!!! Any help/comments are greatly appreciated

Your squadron crossed mine because you asked for war as elite squadrons come in to trigger the wars, we'll leave the planets with your squad and play against them for better fun.

Very sporting gesture! Good luck to both squads! Have fun!
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#8 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:41 pm

There does seem to be a dead zone as jaybinx mentions, similar to what high level 8 and 9 players face in PvP. You end up with some funky matchups. We have found the following to work best:

1) Launch the war at 4am to 6am EST time or slightly earlier, which I think is about 12pm to 2pm GST or earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong on the GST time zone. That seems to get you in the queue early enough to sync up with similar squads, and keeps you out of the organized squad wars, where a lot of the 15 Prestige player squads are rushing the queue. They are typically on the line app, so they are coordinating the times for match-up purposes.

2) Limit the number of Prestige and level 10 players. Generally 1 to 3 Prestige players max and no more than five total level 10's and Prestige players.

Our best mix for fair match ups tends to be five level 8's or below, five level 9's, and five level 10's and Prestige. Having great level 8 and 9 players really helps, since it allows you to flex your war squad mix, knowing that your level 8's and 9's can compete with level 10's and Prestige players should the match-up go south on you. We have three players who run secondary bases at HQ 7, 8 and 9, which helps us run two wars a week and flex our lineups. We have faced squads with 10-12 Prestige bases, and that can be fun, but the reality is the end result is at best a 45-45 tie. We won't be able to stop them from scoring 45.

We just launched a war early this morning. Here's the match-up:

---------------- Our Squad ----- Opponent
Prestige..........3..................4
Level 10..........2.................2
Level 9...........5.................5
Level 8...........2.................4
Level 7...........3.................0

The 5-5-5 mix or something close, seems to be very common. 5 Prestige/10, 5 level 9, 5 level 8 and below.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Tonyle40
Captain

Post#9 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 am

well, we got 15 uplinks - not bad considering their levels - we'll take it! Thank you for the good sportsmanship

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#10 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm

Oh Lordy, your experience is another Groundhog Day for me! I think I started at least two threads on this very topic a while back......and got loads of helpful...and very frank....advice here! I am sure if you search on me...or on War Matches..you will find them. Key points:

1. If you put a high medal count P guy in your war party, chances are you will match against monster squads with umpteen P bases....result? Decimation Derby. I have a P guy with north of 130k medals....if I put him in the mix, it’s game over!

2. Best option for my bunch has been to have NO more than one, low medal count lvl P or 10 guy in the war party....the rest, lvl 9s and below. Still get matched with squads having 3 to 4 P/10 bases, but we are tooled up better now to clobber them with our 9s and 8s.

3. And credit to lukeskywalker (thanks luke) for this one, consider setting up training wars for your up and comers...no P or 10 guys in the mix, maybe 3 or 4 lvl 9 guys. Gives the juniors a chance to taste the war fun, whether win or loose, but a least the results pass the respectability test!

4. Last, but not least, I suffered from squad mates that just did not want to engage in war. Several culls were needed for these chaps to go find new homes. Tough love...but the needs of the many etc. My squad is now in a much better frame than 3 months ago....so on the up!

Sorry, bit lengthy, but hope it helps a bit....you are not alone! Good luck!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”