In-Game Chat - Non-Responsive Member

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Werowe4
Captain

In-Game Chat - Non-Responsive Member

Post#1 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 am

I have a dilemma that I’m sure isn’t unique that I’d like to get some suggestions for re: non communicative squad member causing war issues/internal complaints.
TL/dr
We have a member of our squads, that’s relatively high level for our squad, that hasn’t communicated with us either through line (while we have an active line group chat with most of our members, we don’t require it) or through the in-game chat, except when he puts in a sc request or fills one. While his performance has been pretty good in our wars, he’s been violating a couple of our policies, the main one of which that’s been bugging our other members is that during wars, instead of letting all members take at least the first shot at their mirrors on the opposing team, he’ll attack three opposing players immediately (and not even his own mirror if, I suspect, he thinks it’s too hard of a nut for him to crack).
So questions for the forum:
(1) How would you suggest trying to communicate/message this player (since the in-game chat sucks) or would you even try?
(2) Should we just boot him?
(3) How long of a grace period should there be before booting uncommunicative members?
(4) Any general comments/suggestions on this situation?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

P.S. May the Forth be with you.
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Shelendil
Admiral

Re: In-Game Chat - Non-Responsive Member

Post#2 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 am

If they don't communicate, they don't war.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Gooner
Major General

Post#3 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:56 am

What ShelendiI said No chat no war. Another bit of advice the mirror thing ends up going Tits up been in squads with that policy before. people end up getting comfortable knowing they've got a set target to hit and end up turning up when they feel like it. The be on at the start get em cleared keep hold of the ops strategy is the best ;)

Werowe4
Captain

Post#4 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Gooner wrote:What ShelendiI said No chat no war. Another bit of advice the mirror thing ends up going Tits up been in squads with that policy before. people end up getting comfortable knowing they've got a set target to hit and end up turning up when they feel like it. The be on at the start get em cleared keep hold of the ops strategy is the best ;)

Lol, I hear you but so far my squad mates really, really like the mirror rule so I’ll pick that battle back up in a bit. Luckily we’re legitimately a really active, close squad and so we don’t have an attendance problem, at least not for those in our line group (which includes the vast majority of our squad).
The only reason I’ve been including this particular problem player in our war teams is since most of our players are still in the level 6-8 range (most of them came over as a group recently from CODH and I merged my small squad with their a month ago, the only prestiges being on my side - it’s a great fit though I’m happy to say) and I think (I could be wrong) having that extra prestige member (for a total of 3 on the team) helps us out in the war process. Again, I could be wrong though.
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Gooner
Major General

Post#5 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Werowe4 wrote:
Gooner wrote:What ShelendiI said No chat no war. Another bit of advice the mirror thing ends up going Tits up been in squads with that policy before. people end up getting comfortable knowing they've got a set target to hit and end up turning up when they feel like it. The be on at the start get em cleared keep hold of the ops strategy is the best ;)

Lol, I hear you but so far my squad mates really, really like the mirror rule so I’ll pick that battle back up in a bit. Luckily we’re legitimately a really active, close squad and so we don’t have an attendance problem, at least not for those in our line group (which includes the vast majority of our squad).
The only reason I’ve been including this particular problem player in our war teams is since most of our players are still in the level 6-8 range (most of them came over as a group recently from CODH and I merged my small squad with their a month ago, the only prestiges being on my side - it’s a great fit though I’m happy to say) and I think (I could be wrong) having that extra prestige member (for a total of 3 on the team) helps us out in the war process. Again, I could be wrong though.

If it's working then that's great keep it up.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 am

We have a player like that, never chat, never talked. I included him, as we had problem with filling the roster :)
We just usually never care about his contributions and anything he did in war just a bonus. We usually have enough strength in our squad to compensate, so it hasn’t hurt us.
It’s up to you really. If his contribution outweighs the problems he caused, then keeps using him. If, as a leader, you found this was more trouble than not, then don’t include him in war.

I assumed you already tried to talk to him ...

Trammel
Commander

Post#7 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:38 am

Werowe4 wrote:(1) How would you suggest trying to communicate/message this player (since the in-game chat sucks) or would you even try?
(2) Should we just boot him?
(3) How long of a grace period should there be before booting uncommunicative members?
(4) Any general comments/suggestions on this situation?

He is good in wars but he isnt a team player. Sigh, sounds like one of those primadonnas in a footie team. Since he is high level and he continues to donate; keep him and put up with him. Remind him of the rules of your squad. Imho you should not boot him.... Unless he is unduly offensive or cheats you should keep him and treat him like a useful loose cannon! Happy hunting

Trammel
Commander

Post#8 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 am

DarkRebel wrote:We have a player like that, never chat, never talked. I included him, as we had problem with filling the roster :)
We just usually never care about his contributions and anything he did in war just a bonus. We usually have enough strength in our squad to compensate, so it hasn’t hurt us.
It’s up to you really. If his contribution outweighs the problems he caused, then keeps using him. If, as a leader, you found this was more trouble than not, then don’t include him in war.

Yes sir, we had a few of those silent lurkers in our squad. After a while they open up and see the benefit of communicating. Agreed with this advice fully. No need to boot them out unless they are harming the group dynamic of the squad.

Oldrebel
Commander

Post#9 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:01 am

Shelendil wrote:If they don't communicate, they don't war.

This...
If you don't coordinate and communicate, you aren't part of a "team".

And "mirroring" is generally bad strategy - your mirror may be a base levels above or below you. In wars, especially with outposts, players should be hitting bases at or above their own level.

Start with top rows and work down. Save weakest opponents for last - better chances if you are forced to go against outposts.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”