With GSoW Now Live there is lots of discusion about how Squads are Ranked on the new Squad Ranking Website.
FROM THE GSoW WEBSITE FAQ:
How do you determine the squad rankings? (Why isn’t it just winning %?)
- TrueSkill™ is a ranking system developed at Microsoft Research that provides an algorithm we use for determining the relative strength between opponents. By factoring in the strength of matched opponents in addition to the outcome, the rankings reflect more than just wins and losses. It’s a more refined approach to determine how squads compare to one another.
- GSoW now uses a league-based system for ranking. Squads will be divided in to leagues according to their combined base score (CBS). The leagues are aptly named after the conflict leagues in the game. Once the squads are divided into the leagues they are then ranked within those leagues based on their true skill points.
- Carbonite: 0 - 16,500
- Durasteel: 16,501 - 34,000
- Bronzium: 34,001 - 50,000
- Obsidian: 50,001 - 67,500
- Ultra Chrome: 67,501+
- The Sarlaac pit: Sandbagger squads are captured & confined here as they are slowly digested over thousands of years.
The CBS ranges are:
Let the discussion begin...