About Squad War Matching

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1231

Re: About Squad war matching

Post#11 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Midge wrote:
DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: See the following Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Game Developer Explains Matchmaking

If I recall, that old ass post said it was based around adjusted base score ... which DOES include medals.

And all MM over the years seems to indicate that medals certainly do matter.

Midge - perhaps this Quote from the indicated link will help:

Matchmaking system evaluates the total strength of Squad E and creates a matchmaking rating (MMR) for the squad as a whole.

The key phrase is "total strength" which is interpreted to mean "sum of all Base Strength values for all War Party Members".

See ... you are interpreting it to mean Base Strength ... he didn't say that. To assume they don't use ABS seems foolish based on the thousands of war matches and evidence to the contrary.

You flat say in your response "which is interpreted" which means ... you got no proof otherwise.

That is cool though. Tell em medals don't matter despite thousands of pieces of evidence to the contrary and it certainly mattering in PvP.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5298

Re: About Squad war matching

Post#12 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 am

Midge wrote:See ... you are interpreting it to mean Base Strength ... he didn't say that. To assume they don't use ABS seems foolish based on the thousands of war matches and evidence to the contrary.

You flat say in your response "which is interpreted" which means ... you got no proof otherwise.

That is cool though. Tell em medals don't matter despite thousands of pieces of evidence to the contrary and it certainly mattering in PvP.

Midge - I am willing to admit that I truly don't know because the quote is from several years ago, and the War Matching Algorithm might have changed without notice since then.

TBH though, unless we we get some "official update" from the current Game Developers, we can only go with what we know and the rest is just speculation.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1231

Re: About Squad war matching

Post#13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Midge wrote:See ... you are interpreting it to mean Base Strength ... he didn't say that. To assume they don't use ABS seems foolish based on the thousands of war matches and evidence to the contrary.

You flat say in your response "which is interpreted" which means ... you got no proof otherwise.

That is cool though. Tell em medals don't matter despite thousands of pieces of evidence to the contrary and it certainly mattering in PvP.

Midge - I am willing to admit that I truly don't know because the quote is from several years ago, and the War Matching Algorithm might have changed without notice since then.

TBH though, unless we we get some "official update" from the current Game Developers, we can only go with what we know and the rest is just speculation.


My point is the quote you attributed did not say what you say it did. You SPECULATED that it meant Base Scores without Adjusted Base Scores and did not give a reason why.

So, my speculation and your speculation are both just that, while you presented yours differently.

My speculation is backed up by years of lower medal squads getting much more favorable matches than higher medal squads.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


Toydarian
Commodore
Posts: 182

Re: About Squad war matching

Post#14 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 am

Midge wrote:My speculation is backed up by years of lower medal squads getting much more favorable matches than higher medal squads.


...and having just been kinda chewed out in an allied thread for putting a P level player with 100k+ medals into a war party, and seeing the resultant match, your "speculation" is surely borne out by experience.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1097

Re: About Squad War Matching

Post#15 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:27 am

Remember reading Chris's response back in the old forum that war match making only considered base rating and not medals, but it could have been changed since ...

If I have to guess, I would guess that medals are considered for war as well (as it is being used for PVP).

... this is all SPECULATION though.

Given that the matching pool is so small, that match making is skewed largely by the (small) number of participating squads.


User avatar
Midge
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1231

Re: About Squad War Matching

Post#16 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 am

DarkRebel wrote:Remember reading Chris's response back in the old forum that war match making only considered base rating and not medals, but it could have been changed since ...

If I have to guess, I would guess that medals are considered for war as well (as it is being used for PVP).

... this is all SPECULATION though.

Given that the matching pool is so small, that match making is skewed largely by the (small) number of participating squads.


That is certainly true.

But, the large amount of medal dumpers getting much nicer matchups seems to be pretty damn strong evidence as well.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1097

Re: About Squad War Matching

Post#17 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 am

I don't have a problem with medals being considered, in principal, as I want some level of skills+experience factored in, but not to the same degree as it's being used in PVP match making.


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral
Posts: 959

Re: About Squad War Matching

Post#18 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am

Medals don't matter for matchmaking, and never have.

Here's a link to some stats from a War for my old squad in 2017.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054&hilit=mismatch&start=20#p58659

WPAM stood for War Party Average medals. Our opponents average medal score was 80,229. Our War Party's average medal score was 7,193.

Bad matches are bad for the game, but the underlying problem is the reduced number of players that this game has.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.


Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests