War Matching...Seriously Broken

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Toydarian
Commodore

Re: War Matching...Seriously Broken

Post#11 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 am

SleeperSim12 wrote:Dude, no offense but I'm with Midge on this. One of my bases is on the squad when we had match against them, they didn't do much.

Absolutely none taken, thanks for responding.

Midge wrote:...............

And seriously? A ZERO in a war. You got a ZERO? Maybe you should talk to your guys about not quitting.

34-77.

Adm Midge, all fair points, which I take on the chin. Apologies that my OP irritated, but I was flattered that you took a look at our war record.

Allow me to say a few things in reply please.

I am not arguing for "fair" matches..that is kinda futile. I would just prefer war matches not to be so skewed that the lvl 5/6/7 guys that I am trying bring on and get better, rightly or wrongly, choose to stay home, and so miss the experience and the learning. Is that such an unreasonable ask?

A war zero? Yes, ok, one in 225 wars. (cf: TheMiddayMob vs GalacticHeroes, 4 Nov 2018). So it happens...

Tar me with whatever brush suits, but I respectfully ask that my squad is not characterised as a bunch of quitters. Not in the league of your top squad, by a country mile, but I would be disappointed if you really thought our war record, in aggregate, was well south of shabby.

Everyone, thank you all for replying. I do get it. Going to bury this bone now....
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

Toydarian wrote:
SleeperSim12 wrote:Dude, no offense but I'm with Midge on this. One of my bases is on the squad when we had match against them, they didn't do much.

Absolutely none taken, thanks for responding.

Midge wrote:...............

And seriously? A ZERO in a war. You got a ZERO? Maybe you should talk to your guys about not quitting.

34-77.

Adm Midge, all fair points, which I take on the chin. Apologies that my OP irritated, but I was flattered that you took a look at our war record.

Allow me to say a few things in reply please.

I am not arguing for "fair" matches..that is kinda futile. I would just prefer war matches not to be so skewed that the lvl 5/6/7 guys that I am trying bring on and get better, rightly or wrongly, choose to stay home, and so miss the experience and the learning. Is that such an unreasonable ask?

A war zero? Yes, ok, one in 225 wars. (cf: TheMiddayMob vs GalacticHeroes, 4 Nov 2018). So it happens...

Tar me with whatever brush suits, but I respectfully ask that my squad is not characterised as a bunch of quitters. Not in the league of your top squad, by a country mile, but I would be disappointed if you really thought our war record, in aggregate, was well south of shabby.

Everyone, thank you all for replying. I do get it. Going to bury this bone now....

Well ... I mean ... TheMiddayMob is comprised of quitters and idiots. That is why they are there. They are not on here arguing that shit is not fair for them because they know what they are.

There is plenty a level 5/6/7 guy can do in a war with 15 prestige bases. They can attack three times. They can learn how to take the posts at Level 6/7/8/9. They can try with the goal of getting a 1 on a prestige base.

But, crying about a matchup when your squad rolled out a zero. Or, even when they rolled out a 4 in the matchup you discussed ... sorry, but that is quitter mentality.

34-77. That squad is full of quitters, too ... and your guys outquit them and pouted about it, seemingly pushed by leadership to feel that is OK because it "just isn't fair!."

If you don't have better guys than that, you should toss em and restock or get yourself, who clearly does enjoy the game and want more, to a better home.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

FelixKostobi
Commodore

Post#13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am

beyond "fair" matches (there is no such thing, a fair match for one team is usually unfair for the other) PARTICIPATION and TEAM EFFORT are the only true requirements for success in wars.
When i built my squad we had just a couple of lvl10s (no P at that time) and lots of lvl8- bases.
Our first match was against a top squad.
Fortunately we had tak and dan to play with.
We came up with a 45-45 draw but that was a true victory for us, because we played coordinated as a team against a tough squad that was recupturing the ops within a minute after we took them.
Now we are much stronger but we keep playing this way and we just don't quit.
Instead of complaining, try to play seriously and get fun out of it.
Remember first of all that this is strategy game so requires a bit of... ehm... strategy!
If you are sports fans - not one myself - a league is full of mismatches, some teams are far worse than others but they keep playing and hope for the best and try to become better, they don't just sit on the bench watcing the other team playing.
There is no such thing as "fair" in life itself. You can either complain about it or just try to do your best to improve your status.
In any case no one ever gained anything by complaining instead of trying.
HQ Prestige Rebel only, 79k medals, founder and former leader of Rebel4Ever, now a plain member
If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!
http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history
LINE ID : fcostov

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

FelixKostobi wrote:beyond "fair" matches (there is no such thing, a fair match for one team is usually unfair for the other) PARTICIPATION and TEAM EFFORT are the only true requirements for success in wars.
If you are sports fans - not one myself - a league is full of mismatches, some teams are far worse than others but they keep playing and hope for the best and try to become better, they don't just sit on the bench watcing the other team playing.

Everyone is sports loves an underdog... so cheer for us... A top 150 KSOD with 15 Prestige’s against our 4 Prestige’s, 3 tens, blah blah blah....
This is NOT a complaint, trying to understand the algorithm for the MM... Serious talk about our Prestige’s and 10s leaving the squad to its own fate. We aren’t helping in mixed level squad wars that’s for sure.... I get the algorithm is trying to account for our lower levels having SCs stuffed with high end troops but... the game is evolving to reward ‘super squads’...

rickhick1234
Squadron Leader

Post#15 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Our squad, The_Rebel_Nomads has just entered a squad war. We have a squad total of 107,000 medals and have been matched against 1.8million medals. Their top 5 players ALL have more medals than our ENTIRE squad. Our top player has 20,000, theirs has 162,000. Out of their 15, they have 12 Prestiges, we have none. Someone explain to me how this is fair?

Atom
Captain

Post#16 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 pm

We have two level 8's as the highest level players in our squad. Leia's-Coke-Nail. We always fight 'prestige' bases and generally win. The only complaint i have is that the competition isnt good enough! too bloody easy most of the time. i like a challenge :)

VanIsleMage
Cadet Trooper

Post#17 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Matchmaking is so unfair
We had
4 prestige
2 nines
5 lvl 8
2 lvl 7
1 lvl 6 and a lvl 5

Imps had
14 Prestige most with lvl 50 dekes and one lvl 10

This has to stop
No point in playing if you have zero chance
Anywhere I can send a video of our match and is there any possibility it will do any good

We match like this a lot.

Harshit
Major General

Post#18 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:47 pm

You all are facing unfair matches . Well my both squads are getting more easy matches.
Recently my IMP squad got a match that consisted of 11 ou of 15 bases below lvl 8 and rest were a 9 and 2 P's in that reb squad and our squad was of a single lvl8 rest 9,10 and P's. They didn't attack even a single outpost and we achieved 45 within an hour.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”