War Matching...Seriously Broken

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Toydarian
Commodore

War Matching...Seriously Broken

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Hate to raise this bastard chestnut again:

Our latest match:
My bunch:
1 x P (100k+ medals)
5 x 9s
1 x 8
1 x 7
1 x 6
5 x 5
1 x 4

Imps:
7 x P
2 x 10
5 x 9
1 x 6

Yep, I know the drill.. don’t put a high medal P guy in the war party! Got that! But ain’t this matching kinda shit for the new guys we are trying to bring on into the game? My eight junior warriors @ lvl 7 and below are just gonna have a wtf moment.....and stay home. Bottom line.....As a leader I am trying to bring on our new guys....with some success. Then this rubbish comes along.....and fucks all my efforts out of the ether. Ain’t giving up....but being holed below the water line so fuckin often is really crap....even before the first war shot is fired. Sorry, rant over....
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: War Matching...Seriously Broken

Post#2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:02 pm

I think it's really hard to have many bases below level 7 in a war squad. Level 4's and 5's have always been a total waste imo. You end up in the bassackward situation where high level players capture outposts so the level 4's can attack. If I were you, I'd ditch the prestige base (yours, probably), and take mostly 9's thru 7's, with maybe a couple 6's. The lower bases *may* help with matchmaking, but when you get outmatched, the wars are pointless (been there many times).

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:53 pm

You need to leave out the player with more than 100k medals, offer a squad with players in that status if he wants to play wars. If it is your base, ask an Officer to let you out of matchmaking.

We try to have 2 Prestige non-medal capped, 3 HQs 10, maybe a skillful HQ 9 capable of destroying bases 2 levels above, and fill with HQs 6 to HQs 8 capable of capturing OP even at level 9 - and yes, it is possible HQ 6 capture any OP at level 9 if he has a strong Armory - and place one or two HQs 4-5 to try to reduce opponent's base strength and use them as scouter for the higher levels (trigger SC, see where are traps). At HQ 4 and 5 they also can capture OP when war starts.

This is what we do in our war squad "Solo's_Band". Our leader has two HQs 6 that he uses to capture OPs at any level. Look at our war history and tell what you think.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Vilified
Commander

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:21 am

We have a 3 Gold limit in our Sqd per war. which usually works out well. Even still our current war left pitted us against 6 golds 3 of which were medal dumpers(maxed out droids and the works). Bound to happen right? Kicker is yavin hoth n erkit.. My mirror has pimp in his name so I had to smack the $hit out of him(womanizer). Back on topic lol.. I did notice the lag in matching us. It took 4 hours. Last time it took that long same unbalance happened. So our new rule is if it takes over 30mins to match.... cancel and try again laters;). Lyk if it works next time..
If I could find a way to test or scale my one result summary???
Long time member of the D.E.F. squad(darkeclipseforce). Here to keep up with the happenings, give advice and hopefully learn a thing or 2. Looking for an English speaking, active warring squad? Check us out.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Boog wrote:I think it's really hard to have many bases below level 7 in a war squad. Level 4's and 5's have always been a total waste imo. You end up in the bassackward situation where high level players capture outposts so the level 4's can attack. If I were you, I'd ditch the prestige base (yours, probably), and take mostly 9's thru 7's, with maybe a couple 6's. The lower bases *may* help with matchmaking, but when you get outmatched, the wars are pointless (been there many times).

Boog, as always I appreciate your sound advice. I have 3 P lvl guys in my squad, me and 2 others....oh, and the 100k+ medal guy is my 2 ic....me the tortoise sitting @ just over 30k meds. Anyways, we got, predictably, hammered in our war! Really was gutted for the junior guys. So, my P guys and I are just gonna sit out of wars....and fight our lvl 9 secondaries with a mix of lower levels. We will see how it goes. Thanks again.

Appreciated the responses from Mkenobi and Vilified too...points noted, thanks.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#6 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:44 am

Boog wrote:I think it's really hard to have many bases below level 7 in a war squad.
I'd ditch the prestige base (yours, probably), and take mostly 9's thru 7's, with maybe a couple 6's. The lower bases *may* help with matchmaking, but when you get outmatched, the wars are pointless (been there many times).

We still fight through mismatches, but I have to agree you lose newer players who are 5s and 6s...
Boog is correct, it seems the inclusion of any Prestige level bases outweighs the lower level bases being present. We got matched almost instantly last night which means the other side was waiting for a while benefitting from the wider and wider matching parameter... They have 11-Ps, 3-10s and 1-8... oh yeah we got 3-Ps, 2-10s, 4-9s, 1-8, 4-7s and a 5... its the presence of the 3 Prestige bases on our end that ‘qualified’ us for the near instant MM... :(

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:57 am

Toydarian wrote:Hate to raise this bastard chestnut again:

Our latest match:
My bunch:
1 x P (100k+ medals)
5 x 9s
1 x 8
1 x 7
1 x 6
5 x 5
1 x 4

Imps:
7 x P
2 x 10
5 x 9
1 x 6

Yep, I know the drill.. don’t put a high medal P guy in the war party! Got that! But ain’t this matching kinda shit for the new guys we are trying to bring on into the game? My eight junior warriors @ lvl 7 and below are just gonna have a wtf moment.....and stay home. Bottom line.....As a leader I am trying to bring on our new guys....with some success. Then this rubbish comes along.....and fucks all my efforts out of the ether. Ain’t giving up....but being holed below the water line so fuckin often is really crap....even before the first war shot is fired. Sorry, rant over....

You could just wait until all the players are Level 10 to launch wars? I mean, seriously, you are complaining about a war against a squad that is 34-77. 34-77!

They have ... now ... won THREE wars this year. They only have 4 bases over 3k base score, so saying "prestige" is meaningless. One of their damn prestige bases is a god damn 2700. Seriously.

And then you guys managed ... 3 links. Did you just act like quitters or try to get better?

34-77. That squad is a totally unfair match. 34-77. Seriously?

What are the fair matches then?

When you played FearTheEmpire and their one level 10 and a bunch of level 6s, did you offer to go easy on them because they had it unfair? How about 420 Siths with their 120 losses?

And seriously? A ZERO in a war. You got a ZERO? Maybe you should talk to your guys about not quitting.

34-77.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

SleeperSim12
Commodore

Post#8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Dude, no offense but I'm with Midge on this. One of my bases is on the squad when we had match against them, they didn't do much.
Bla bla bla. Just another player with wayyyy tooo manyyy accounts.

Sickness

Post#9 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Imperial Pirates
P = 1
10 = 4
9 = 4
8 = 2
7 = 2
6 = 1
5 = 1

Ozzy-elite
P = 14
10 = 1

1 second matching

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Gotta drop that 100k medal guy. I vaguely recall a similar thread a month or so ago.
Best matching occurs when all players are on similar medals and base scores.
Having one or two prestige combined with a disproportionate level of medals to the rest of the squad is 95% gonna cause you a mismatch. Have you tried dropping him for a war or two to see how it affects matching? I'm pretty confident you'll match better.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 11)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

If any level 10 or Prestige players are looking to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”