SQUAD WAR: Takodana OP Bug - Discussion Topic

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Gooner
Major General

Re: Tako outpost

Post#11 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:49 pm

spootieho wrote:I have video of it happening, if you need video evidence. I don't know where I can post it here.

Your teammate says they captured tako
10 seconds later, the lobby says you captured tako
Lobby shows you captured tako on the top icons
Jump in game,
text on screen says you have tako
but... The icon at the top says you don't have tako.

This can happen as much as 25 seconds after Tako was taken. You are going in too quickly. If the opponent's base screen doesn't show you have tako yet, then you have to wait.

This is due to caching and lag. It might be more problematic on certain platforms (unverified). No, the other team didn't retake. Was 5 minutes later before they retook.

That's it. that looks exactly like, what the guys were saying to me happened. Thanks, spootieho

spootieho
Commodore

Post#12 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
spootieho wrote:I have video of it happening, if you need video evidence. I don't know where I can post it here.

spootieho - If Video was uploaded to YouTube you could post here using Editor and the Image Button.

Done... though I'll probably take it down later.

https://youtu.be/1Xca56n0oB8

By the way, I went in super fast, but it was because of the : "GO GO GO" commands from the team. I waited and waited and waited for what felt like 20 seconds from chat confirmation that we had it until it showed and then jumped the second I saw it show.

Another teammate had it happen to him on all 3 of his attacks that day.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Gooner
Major General

Post#13 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 pm

spootieho wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:

spootieho - If Video was uploaded to YouTube you could post here using Editor and the Image Button.

Done... though I'll probably take it down later.

https://youtu.be/1Xca56n0oB8

By the way, I went in super fast, but it was because of the : "GO GO GO" commands from the team. I waited and waited and waited for what felt like 20 seconds from chat confirmation that we had it until it showed and then jumped the second I saw it show.

That looks like what the guys who had the issue in my squad, were saying happened it would show we had the op the writing would say that we've got Tako but the icon would switch at some point during the attack.

spootieho
Commodore

Re: SQUAD WAR: Takodana OP Bug - Discussion Topic

Post#14 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:01 pm

2 people from another squad say they they experienced it enough that they actually restart after the OPs are taken to ensure that caching/lag doesn't happen. I'd be too afraid of a retake during the restart time.

Gooner
Major General

Post#15 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:09 pm

spootieho wrote:2 people from another squad say they they experienced it enough that they actually restart after the OPs are taken to ensure that caching/lag doesn't happen. I'd be too afraid of a retake during the restart time.

Same here. Especially, when it's an op like Tako squads will fight like crazy over that op. Thanks for your time spootieho you've been brilliant with your info.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:36 pm

Only the icons displayed on the attack screen matters. Nothing else does.
Once you start the scouting, it doesn't matter if the OPs change hand.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:31 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Only the icons displayed on the attack screen matters. Nothing else does.
Once you start the scouting, it doesn't matter if the OPs change hand.

This. Always double check the icons in the upper left and right before pressing the attack button.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

spootieho
Commodore

Post#18 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am

In today's war, it took well over a minute for Tako to register. Our teammates were attacking but we had to wait. On LINE we saw confirmation Tako was ours, yet we had to sit back and wait and wait and wait for over a minute.

11:19 confirmation Tako was ours.
11:21 it registers on FBGR.

In fact, it only registered when the other team began it's retake.

Both Facebook Gameroom users experienced this. We learned our lessons from the previous week. I got my attack out in the small window, fortunately. The other user didn't attack.

It seems like this is getting more common and is likely due to an update that happened this year on FBGR (to the servers or the clients).

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”