SW Tie Breaker idea

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: SW Tie Breaker idea

Post#11 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 am

Sunburn77 wrote:
Screenshot_20190221-105045_Chrome.jpg

lmaooooo

And I do dig the screenshot ... lol :D Feel free to view the update.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/127156 ... -the-posts
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:40 am

My suggestions:
- Draw is a valid ending state. Don't have to introduce new tie-breaker methods.
- Immediately end the war when score hits 45-45. Both squads can start a new one right after this. We need more squads to be in the matching pool. More wars = more activities = more revenue for Zynga.
- Improve stalemate crate to be half of the winning crate.

(Now Tako war tie is a different problem. For that, devs should deal with it by reducing the buff for both Tako and Tat).

Sunburn77
Commander

Post#13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Or maybe an 'End War' button? Only the squad leaders (or if not participating, the member(s) that initiated the war) would be able to select it, but if both do then war over. And only once it hits 45-45, so ppl can't just quit for a better matchup.
Officer in EternalForce

Zorro
Squadron Leader

Post#14 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Tricky question to answer because you need to cater for all HQ levels in the Squad War.

My solution would be to make the Outposts ONLY work for bases attacking above their level. So Prestige never has Outposts boosts, L10 only when attacking Prestige level, L9 only when attacking L10 or Prestige.....L5 only when attacking L6/7/8/9/10/Prestige etc. Would make the SW a Hybrid No Outposts /Limited Outpost war.

You could fine tune this by, for example, limiting the Tako Boost to 100% when attacking 1 level higher or 200% for 2 Levels higher. I believe this would result in less Ties. Lets face it the Outposts help to cause Ties.

I would be interested to know from those Squads doing mainly N0-OPS how often they end in Ties?

I am not sure of the next 2 suggestions and it maybe something to hold back until you see the results of the first suggestion.

Part 2. When Attacking bases at a lower level than yours, your UTs , SC and Star ships are limited in capacity to the Level you are Attacking. Your troop levels remain at your level.

Part 3. Limit the troops and Starships to those available at the lower level you are attacking. Hopefully this would end the easy wipes for higher level bases rolling over lower level bases. There is almost nothing a L6/7 can do to defend against Jets, but if a L8/9 had to attack with Mechs or Heavys...... that could get interesting. Skilled players would still succeed I am sure, but less skilled.......? Maybe not all the time!

I believe these suggestions would also go a long way to helping correct Matchmaking mismatches.

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#15 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:16 am

Midge wrote:And I do dig the screenshot ... lol :D Feel free to view the update.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/127156 ... -the-posts

I did. Hilarious! He's got you down to a tee.....
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”