SW Tie Breaker idea

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Rys2dOKson
Officer

SW Tie Breaker idea

Post#1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am

The squad with the most attacks left in a 45-45 tie... should win???

Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: SW Tie Breaker idea

Post#2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 am

Boom! Book it! Yeah!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Gooner
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 am

So lets say Arsenal draw 0-0 with Barcelona Arsenal should win because they had 7 shots on goal and Barcelona had 6 that's using the same logic that you're thinking of it would never happen it's a draw for a reason i don't know why people worry about drawing its better than losing no ? at least you'll get a few frags out of it

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am

Gooner wrote:So lets say Arsenal draw 0-0 with Barcelona Arsenal should win because they had 7 shots on goal and Barcelona had 6 that's using the same logic that you're thinking of it would never happen it's a draw for a reason i don't know why people worry about drawing its better than losing no ? at least you'll get a few frags out of it

No no no no ... let's think of some ridiculous way to reward a team for having one more person on at the start in a tako war.

That is the better idea.

Squad war draws have to be one of the top three problems in this game. For sure.

Gooner
Major General

Post#5 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:38 am

Midge wrote:
Gooner wrote:So lets say Arsenal draw 0-0 with Barcelona Arsenal should win because they had 7 shots on goal and Barcelona had 6 that's using the same logic that you're thinking of it would never happen it's a draw for a reason i don't know why people worry about drawing its better than losing no ? at least you'll get a few frags out of it

No no no no ... let's think of some ridiculous way to reward a team for having one more person on at the start in a tako war.

That is the better idea.

Squad war draws have to be one of the top three problems in this game. For sure.

hahaha

Sunburn77
Commander

Post#6 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Better idea? Not a new one but just end the war once it hits 45-45. The problem isn't ending in a draw: it's having to wait 48 hrs from matchmaking until war's end just to get the stalemate crate that you know - the second you see that match-up, that's what it's going to be.
Yeah, if 1 side uses all their attacks it will end early. But there's always someone who hasn't unlocked the only outpost the enemy has, or the other side doesn't take any of them back, or someone's real life keeps them from logging in, etc.
Stalemate crates wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 23.5 hours after the last base is leveled to get them.
Officer in EternalForce

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:49 am

I don't hate that Sun ... but alot of people have the timing down and WANT the war to last those 24 hours. So, they like the option of running it out or not running it out based on their squad's needs.

BTW ... a fun way to avoid Tako/Outpost draws is to do No Post matchups. Reach out. Give it a shot.

Sunburn77
Commander

Post#8 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 am

Midge wrote:I don't hate that Sun ... but alot of people have the timing down and WANT the war to last those 24 hours. So, they like the option of running it out or not running it out based on their squad's needs.

BTW ... a fun way to avoid Tako/Outpost draws is to do No Post matchups. Reach out. Give it a shot.

I'm curious, what is the benefit of letting a war drag on once both sides reach 45? The only thing I can think of would be consistent restart times, but that wouldn't be hurt by auto-ending draws. In fact, it would help the back-to-back-to-back squads by allowing them to refresh their start time window.

In regards to no OP wars, we have an international squad, and can't even get everyone to leave Erkit and/or Hoth alone to save attacks for the important retakes.
Officer in EternalForce

Sunburn77
Commander

Post#9 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:59 am

Screenshot_20190221-105045_Chrome.jpg

lmaooooo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Officer in EternalForce

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 am

Sunburn77 wrote:
Midge wrote:I don't hate that Sun ... but alot of people have the timing down and WANT the war to last those 24 hours. So, they like the option of running it out or not running it out based on their squad's needs.

I'm curious, what is the benefit of letting a war drag on once both sides reach 45? The only thing I can think of would be consistent restart times, but that wouldn't be hurt by auto-ending draws. In fact, it would help the back-to-back-to-back squads by allowing them to refresh their start time window.

In regards to no OP wars, we have an international squad, and can't even get everyone to leave Erkit and/or Hoth alone to save attacks for the important retakes.

Well ... because once you end it ... you're on the clock on the KSOD algorithm. So, if you don't want to war in the next five days but still want to be safe from the ager, you prefer the 24 hours.

I don't have any clue how having an international squad makes no post wars more difficult. I would think that would be much easier. My squad has at least 7 time zones represented and No Post is much easier than trying to get everyone on at start.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”