Joining Squad That Requires LINE App - Discussion Topic

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
llamaman
Commander

Re: Squad join question

Post#11 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Line app works perfectly fine on my old Samsung tablet. Just make sure you get the country prefix right and should work fine

Trammel
Commander

Post#12 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:26 am

No one I know uses LINE. In my country almost everyone uses Whatsapp and out of those a small number also use Telegram.

My first squad relied entirely on the in-game chat. It made coordinating wars quite difficult -- the chat overwrote past messages and we would need to actually be on-line to know what's happening.

Spirit
Major General

Post#13 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 am

I dont use Line now but have in the past. It can be configured to run on a tablet. There are various websites explaining how to set it up.
Player name Dog. Biting rebs across the galaxy.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:39 am

Diablogrunt wrote:LIne is a totally lame app - wants a phone number which my tablet does not have and rejects separate cell phone number - guess I will just have to stick with my lame squad that does not require line.

I first added Line on my phone, then enabled the account on my Mac. I mostly use it on the Mac as I like a full keyboard when typing, but still use it on the phone when I'm away from my Mac.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
Diablogrunt wrote:LIne is a totally lame app - wants a phone number which my tablet does not have and rejects separate cell phone number - guess I will just have to stick with my lame squad that does not require line.

I first added Line on my phone, then enabled the account on my Mac. I mostly use it on the Mac as I like a full keyboard when typing, but still use it on the phone when I'm away from my Mac.

Diablogrunt - I did the same as XitLiteNtrNite with one difference, after getting LINE on my Mac PC I deleted LINE from my Phone.

NOTE: There IS a way to Register LINE without using your Phone Number. See this link for more information (you will need to scroll down as webpage has lots of ads).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Diablogrunt
Captain

Re: Joining Squad That Requires LINE App - Discussion Topic

Post#16 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:29 am

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook and have no plans to start now so using LINE will not work for me.

TNT
Admiral

Re: Joining Squad That Requires LINE App - Discussion Topic

Post#17 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 am

I don't like Line much either.

Diablogrunt wrote:Unfortunately I don't do Facebook and have no plans to start now so using LINE will not work for me.

Not sure if it's really unfortunate if you don't use facebook. :D

There are also squads that use Discord instead.
Join the OuterRimRioters. Is what I would say, but we're almost full at the moment. :) A big happy family. If you are interested in joining you're more than welcome to drop by as long as we still have room.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”