Contraband question

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Diablogrunt
Commander

Contraband question

Post#1 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 am

Do the squad perks which increase contraband generation work while your base is just sitting there or does it only apply to contraband received or captured?

DeathStriker

Re: Contraband question

Post#2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:15 am

Diablogrunt wrote:Do the squad perks which increase contraband generation work while your base is just sitting there or does it only apply to contraband received or captured?

Diablogrunt - The Squad Perks which increase Contraband Generation - like Black Market Buyer - will increase the amount of Image Contraband Generated based upon the Level of the Perk and the Level of the Contraband Trade Port for a period of 12 hours after which it requires 16 hours to cool down before being used again.

⇨ IMPORTANT: This Squad Perk does NOT effect the amount of Contraband received as a result of a PvP Win nor the amount received in a Reward Crate.

Hope that answers your question.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 am

So this does not affect the contraband in the storage facility? It appears it is going to take months to accumulate enough contraband to do anything useful - I'm only at level 6.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:24 am

At level 6, the only way to get CB is to attack other bases or get it in crates. You don't get to build a CB tradeport until level 7. Finishing UC is a good way to get decent-sized chunks. Check the crate details in the current conflict to see what you get (it won't be enough to buy a deka, though).

Go to a planet with dev bases-with luck you may find some that are loaded with CB. Otherwise, it can be difficult to get a deka unlocked at level 6.

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#5 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 am

thank you

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:38 am

Don't rush contraband. In time, you will be rolling in it. Its rarity at the lower levels is a ploy to get you to crystal or to play like a madman. Just play and upgrade at a normal pace, and you'll soon have way more than you need.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~157,000 medals. Toddler Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 29. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#7 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 am

Great advice - thanks so much.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:57 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Don't rush contraband. In time, you will be rolling in it. Its rarity at the lower levels is a ploy to get you to crystal or to play like a madman. Just play and upgrade at a normal pace, and you'll soon have way more than you need.

I wish I had known this when I was at L6... basically just ignore CB until you're L7 or 8. Once you get to L9, you'll start hitting the maga-loot whale bases with as much as 300,000 CB in them.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 28K, Battle Rank: 14(Android)
FriskyEwoks: Level 50 Squad - Join us!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:41 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Don't rush contraband. In time, you will be rolling in it. Its rarity at the lower levels is a ploy to get you to crystal or to play like a madman. Just play and upgrade at a normal pace, and you'll soon have way more than you need.

I wish I had known this when I was at L6... basically just ignore CB until you're L7 or 8. Once you get to L9, you'll start hitting the maga-loot whale bases with as much as 300,000 CB in them.

Spot on Chip! 100%!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

Diablogrunt
Commander

Post#10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks so much - I have moved the CB storage out of my base to a corner and will not move it back until I hit level 7 which is going to be quite a while yet. This was my first character and I got way too aggressive in upgrading my HQ without first getting all the other base stuff upgraded. I didn't know any better at the time. Once I got into a squad I found out about all the mistakes I made. So now I am having to upgrade all the various stuff which takes a long time even with my 4 droids.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”