Thank you Imperial_Enclave

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
TenaciousD
Captain

Thank you Imperial_Enclave

Post#1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:07 am

FU8AR just finished a squad war against you, and I have to say, when we were matched against you .... at #13 compared to us in the 3000 range, we were a little intimidated.

We saw the line-up and kind of collectively sighed and resigned that you would 45 us right away. To give some background, we were used to the gross mismatches on the Windows server, we all lost our bases, and then we lost most of our squad members. We are still losing members and longtime players. Lately it has even been difficult getting a full complement of 15 for squad wars. So when matchmaking matched us to Imperial_Enclave, we almost all collectively shrugged and figured we're done for.

We're not quite at the point with all members at enough experience to do war with no OPs.

But we noticed. When the SOW came you could have taken all OP and stomped us right away. But you didn't. You tried for as many ULs without the OP and when my squadmates took them, you let us play and be competitive.

Heck, I even scored 3 UL on Spock ... and Darth Mutha, which I thought I'd crash and burn on :lol: .

Anyways, on behalf of my rag-tag fleet of members, thank's for letting us compete and have fun while doing so!
TenaciousD
FU8AR Windows Rebel Squad (that's with an "eight") are looking for active members, by request only.

DeathStriker

Re: Thank you Imperial_Enclave

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:30 am

TenaciousD wrote:FU8AR just finished a squad war against you, and I have to say, when we were matched against you .... at #13 compared to us in the 3000 range, we were a little intimidated.

Anyways, on behalf of my rag-tag fleet of members, thank's for letting us compete and have fun while doing so!

Sounds like good sportsmanship at its best. :D

Glad you had fun... What was the final score?

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TenaciousD
Captain

Post#3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:55 am

DeathStriker wrote:
TenaciousD wrote:FU8AR just finished a squad war against you, and I have to say, when we were matched against you .... at #13 compared to us in the 3000 range, we were a little intimidated.

Sounds like good sportsmanship at its best. :D

Glad you had fun... What was the final score?

We ended the war 43-45 and botched our last wave in the last hour.
TenaciousD
FU8AR Windows Rebel Squad (that's with an "eight") are looking for active members, by request only.

Spock
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:16 pm

We saw the line-up and kind of collectively sighed and resigned that you would 45 us right away. To give some background, we were used to the gross mismatches on the Windows server, we all lost our bases, and then we lost most of our squad members. We are still losing members and longtime players. Lately it has even been difficult getting a full complement of 15 for squad wars. So when matchmaking matched us to Imperial_Enclave, we almost all collectively shrugged and figured we're done for.

We're not quite at the point with all members at enough experience to do war with no OPs.

But we noticed. When the SOW came you could have taken all OP and stomped us right away. But you didn't. You tried for as many ULs without the OP and when my squadmates took them, you let us play and be competitive.

Heck, I even scored 3 UL on Spock ... and Darth Mutha, which I thought I'd crash and burn on :lol: .

Thanks for the shoutout! I almost missed it but a good buddy pointed it out.
You guys did really well and I’m glad we could make it fun and competitive at the same time.
Thanks for an exciting war!

Leader of the imperial_enclave. Flagship of the enclave brotherhood of squads.
Always looking for active lvl10 commanders. Line app required.

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#5 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:02 pm

That's an example of good cooperative playing. We (RogueEwokReturn) often get mismatched in SWs and our leader (JediEric) reaches out. Sometimes we get lucky and get to keep outposts live Yavin and Dando to make it a closer war.

TenaciousD
Captain

Post#6 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:42 pm

What was nice is that the guys got to understand that once you take OP and begin the "scout" stage of the base, you're OK with taking the time to breathe, ready your strategy, etc even if the other squad re-takes the OP before launching your attack. Also, some with less experience got to try their hand with different loadouts.

To be sure, we would have loved to tie it up..we're all competitive and would have liked to deny the win for the Imps, but really, we could have been cannon fodder :)
TenaciousD

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:48 am

KSOD ranking is a bit ... misleading.

We are also ranked around 3000th (on KSOD) or so, and we just beat a squad ranked #19 on the KSOD board. And believe me, this wasn't an upset, at all. They did put up a good effort, but they came short. (No Tako and no Tat in play, so thanks for that.)

We are 51th on medal standing versus their medal standing at #268. That's a more accurate indication of squad strength.

In your case though, IE is a much higher squad in both medal standing and KSOD ranking. But I would warn about just looking at KSOD standing as an indication of how good a squad is. It is NOT, as it is more like war attendance record.

Fisherman
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Props to Darkdonations... they gave us Hoth and Yavin while Er’kit was kept neutral... and they pounded us... 24-45. It was an obvious mismatch (our 5 tens to their 13 tens) but both sides realized it is after all a game...

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”