Having multiple accounts is far from rare in this game (i have no clue about others, this is the only one i play). Why should someone do it?
1. Because he/she likes the game.
2. As you progress in game upgrading/cooling times become so long you think to find something more to do in parallel to pass the time. Eventually making a second, third, fourth.... account seems logical.
3. Being in a squad that is not too active also brings you the thought of making a second account to help your first filling its SC.
4. You may want to play as imperial AND as rebel.
5. You may want to start another account to play it in a different way than the one you started with with all the knowledge you accumulated playing your initial account.
6. In high levels the game also gets too difficult and far from fun while in lower levels is much easier and more of a game than a full time job!
7. Having multiple accounts in a squad makes coordination a lot easier LOL. Instead of having to cooridinate 15 people from all over the world you only have to coordinate with just a few. Remember this next time you 'll find yourself screeming in a squad's chat for someone to recapture an outpost! LOL. Since coordination is the key to a successful war, no doubt why these guys are high ranked.
I think that many in here could add more reasons to have multiple accounts. As for critisizing the guy, please, please don't critisize just because you don't do it. Some critisize people paying money for the game, others for being too dedicated and if we look a bit further i bet we can find a lot of reasons to critisize each other. Yes, we all have a life, jobs, families, girl/boyfriends. We put in game the time we like to spend there, being too much or too little for others. Who cares?
HQ10 Rebel only, 70k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever
If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!
LINE ID : fcostov