Identifying Peer Groups for Mid-level Squads - Where is the rivalry?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
MagaMaul
Captain

Identifying Peer Groups for Mid-level Squads - Where is the rivalry?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi All,

Where is the rivalry for mid-level squads? This is a question I've been asking myself as we complete another war against a different opponent. So we are a mid-level squad and, in the 100 wars that we've had, we've only played one other squad twice. It would be nice to have a peer group to compete with since rivalries are part of the fun. Even if you define a peer group, you have no control over who you will get matched with for war.

It would be great to say "next time we will beat squad X" or "Squad Y just moved up in the rankings", but that is not possible when it comes to the many mid-level squads. Sure, you can look at the war rankings on KOD, but these are useless for squads that war once per week as they seem to favor squads that war continuously.

I think that peer competition is an important part of the game that is missing. Have any other mid-level squads struggled with the issue/question? How do you define your peers?

Best,
MagaMaul
LusherForce

Spirit
Commodore

Re: Identifying Peer Groups for Mid-level Squads - Where is the rivalry?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 am

Never been a problem in any squad that I have been in. We are not in competition with other squads of the same faction. The plan is to play and enjoy the game. It works for me and those I play with.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”