The Last Update Killed This Game For Me

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Whattawookie

The Last Update Killed This Game For Me

Post#1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 pm

I have an empire level 9 base, with 9 level 9 (1 level 8) rapid fire turrets, and 8 level 9 Sonic turrets. I am active every day, I keep my droidikas repaired, and my squad center full. I also have Storm troopers and sniper troops set to defend from my barracks (both level 4), level 9 HQ and wall added protection, and both rapid fire turret upgrades equipped at all times (both also level 9). Everything else defense wise is level 8. Having said that, I'm done after the recent update.

I already couldn't protect my base enough to even keep any iron for any length of time, but finally found a setup that was working (just protecting my iron and nothing else). Then today, they lowered the rapid fire turret damage, and immidiatly I 100% lost my next defense against a level 9 opponent. I get that it is setup to favor the attacker, but it's ridiculous. I've been playing this game for several years now, but I'm done if they don't make it possible to go anywhere without spending money (which I have done, alot).

mkenobi
Admiral

Re: The Last Update Killed This Game For Me

Post#2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:08 am

If you've been playing SWC for a long time, you've seen it before. What the Devs give you, the Devs will take it from you, sooner or later. Do not be fooled by victories or powerful units today, because everything can and will change in the next update. Always have a B Plan in mind or be ready for situations like these.

Yes, the nerf of the RF turrets Imperials was a slap in the face, but it was no different than the Devs had done before when they removed the Astromechs from the GR or nerfed Rodians to try to correct the stupidity of launching extra-powerful units and bring more imbalance to the game.

Imperial RF turrets were extraordinarily more powerful than the Rebel RFs, and are now extraordinarily weaker than their rebel counterparts. In contrast, the Burst buff made them stronger than the RF turrets were before, which I do not really understand - except for force every Empire player to spend crystals to switch from RFT to Burst overnight.

Switch your RF turrets to Burst as fast as possible if you have enough fragments for Heat Sink and Mounting available in your Armory to make them more efficient. It's a pain in the ass and takes a few days, but it's worth it.

After switching my 6 RFT to Burst, and making small adjustments to my base due to the Burst's short range (9), I'm getting more wins now against level 10 attackers (my base is Level 9 maxed out) than I had since the nerf of Sniper GR and Rodians.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:15 am

You need to go on a looting rampage, targeting bases with lots of alloys. Don't worry about losing medals. Then when you have enough alloy for switch turret and an available droid, spend the alloy to convert your RFT to burst.
When the next droid becomes available, then go looting again for alloy.
Forget about protecting resources for now. You should be more concern about looting resource and using them, in one playing session.
This (switch from RFTs to bursts) should be your number 1 priority.
At the same time, work on levelling up your burst armory equipment in the research.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am

Here's the thing: Even before the nerf, rapidfires were massively overrated. Bursts were better. I switched from rf to bursts a few months ago and saw an uptick in defensive wins (I had maxed out turret buffs on both). Now, bursts are even better. They are the only turret with >100% multiplier against certain types of infantry. They also kick ass against tanks. Set your layout up right, and you won't have issues with the shorter range. Mine will even pick off hailfires occasionally as they roll around obstacles to shoot at their targeted turret.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:33 am

Bursts can be out-distanced by hails & snipers. Not as big a deal in PvP as the GR can distract the snipers, but it is in SW. So make sure you don't go all-in on bursts but mix in others, like rockets at hq8/9 and sonics at hq10.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

Spirit
Commodore

Post#6 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:53 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:Bursts can be out-distanced by hails & snipers. Not as big a deal in PvP as the GR can distract the snipers, but it is in SW. So make sure you don't go all-in on bursts but mix in others, like rockets at hq8/9 and sonics at hq10.

Agreed about bursts in squad wars XitLiteNtrNite.
In a recent war it was too easy to outrange the enemy bases who had all or almost all bursts.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Loot rampage for alloy, swap RFTs to bursts, take loses for a bit. All part of the game.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”