Stuck in the middle

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
TheShadow
Lieutenant

Stuck in the middle

Post#1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:45 am

Hi all,
So here is the dilemma. I am part of the Galaxy_of_Heroes squad.We are a rebel squad that plays for the banter as much as the war....but...

In the wars we just don’t have the right numbers. What do I mean by this?

Well, we find that with 1 L10 we can get decent matchups, but the moment we go 2 L10 the matchup gods impose their wrath upon us and we get 13+ L10 opponents

Now we have 6 L10 and 3 L9, but we can’t get lower level guys to join us who are really interested and as we operate split across time zones it becomes very difficult to have numbers on against the bigger guys who we know we should be going toe to toe with when we all play the war.

I think most people who have played here will say we have a good core bunch but it can be frustrating when we don’t have numbers on at start of war together.

We regularly war Thursday/ Saturday and that works for us with commitments during the week - and like to challenge each other, in good humor, in the other events as we continue to grow.

We have posted here previously, looked at other squads, and tried other non-recommended recruiting...all for minimal joy and I’ve had a couple of good guys leave through this frustration recently.

So how to find the missing 5 squad mates within UK/US timezone that really puts the cat amongst the pigeons?

Appreciate your thoughts....
The Shadow
Galaxy_of_Heroes
LINE: mark_galaxyofheroes
We war Thu : highest most active levels / Sat: 1 L10 max for fairer matchups for L4-9
Always looking for experienced guys to learn from...so if bored come join us and show us a few tricks!

Schruaf
Commodore

Re: Stuck in the middle

Post#2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:53 am

Perhaps you should try no op wars. So wars without factory outposts.
You will have to agree on this with the rival squad via line or so.

But at no op wars, everyone can attack when he has time, so no problems concerning timezones.

TheShadow
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks Schruaf.
We asked that of one of the larger squads, I will hold the name back, and they said no. Respect to Dark-Moon-Rising though who did that without us discussing.

However, you are right that this is not normally something we think of.

will try it....
The Shadow
Galaxy_of_Heroes
LINE: mark_galaxyofheroes
We war Thu : highest most active levels / Sat: 1 L10 max for fairer matchups for L4-9
Always looking for experienced guys to learn from...so if bored come join us and show us a few tricks!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 pm

+1 on asking for no-OP wars. Imperial_Enclave always asks the underdog if the want to run no OP and occasionally has given our opponents Tako! The top guys want to stay classy and understand how messed up the Squad Wars matchup system is. Frags are easy to come by but sportsmanship isn’t. I ask any squad to consider proactively balancing a bad matchup even if it doesn’t mean a guaranteed win.

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:51 am

I am under the impression that lately squads are formed from top players just for wars. We regurarly get matched against squads full of nearly maxed lvl10 imps while we have just a few, far from maxed lvl10 bases. I think the only solution is to get guest players for wars - we do and we go to other squads as well.
HQ10 Rebel only, 58k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:21 am

@Shadow, your best options are either to merge with another more or less equal squad suffering the same kind of problems, to play NO OP wars like mentioned above OR to do the same as FelixKostobi mentioned; form temporary alliances with other L10 players exclusively for wars, so temporary powerful war squads.
I myself recently did that and we went against the OPs and still won by a narrow margin. It was an excellent war, way more fun than the average war experience these days
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 am

I've seen similar issues recently. Almost zero of the new guys that join our squad engage in any way. They hit Level 4 and then stagnate, barely communicate, and usually don't help in Wars... I like a mix of 5-7's to round out the bottom, but it's almost impossible.

I'm nearing SWC retirement if there's no new blood coming in to grow the game, cuz it means it's become irrelevant and new players aren't enjoying the low levels - and they haven't even SEEN the armory yet. Sheesh.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 45 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”