Forget new units, the next update needs to better squad wars

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
mkenobi
Admiral

Re: Forget new units, the next update needs to better squad wars

Post#11 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Boog wrote:No, it doesn't need replays. That would break the game. You don't need 90 replays per war jamming up chat. Just record attacks and share offline with your squadmates. It should be obvious how you lost, particularly with OP's in play. Replays are barely accurate, anyway. Add ing them to war would only result in more misinformed complaints to support about cheating

Sorry, buddy, but I do not agree... War Replays are necessary like PvP Replays. Not many players really know how to use certain units or take advantage of the advantage of owning some OPs. It is extremely exhausting for anyone, leader or officer during wars to have to write in the chat how their members must attack certain bases every war.

Not everyone uses LINE or another chat app to exchange information, prints, strategies, and as DS has remembered, recording videos of attacks is hard for beginning users, and it takes time to upload a video and share it online.

It seems a lie, but I see many players in their first wars do not know they can bomb a SC out of the shield, or use A-Wing to destroy a shield over SC and then bomb it. The same goes for using Kessen to destroy an SC inside the shields, and so on.

I am a great attacker in wars, and I really miss war replays when I need to teach someone how he should attack a particular rival. In my last war as Rebel with a HQ 8 I took 3 links of 1 HQ 10 and 3 links of a 1 HQ 9 easily and the way I tried to say how it should be done having the advantage of Yavin and Tatooine when other players at level 9 have failed against these same bases, which is frustrating.

I agree in part with Boog that replays could flood the chat if everyone started sharing replays of all their attacks. But this also happens for Replays in PvP. There are players who share several Replays at once. That is not the case here. It is up to the leader and his officers to teach their members when they should share replays or not.

Share Replays when there is relevant information or to teach a new technique or a different strategy. I always tell my colleagues, do not flood the chat with generic replays. But we're talking about War Replays, they do not have to be the same as PvP Replays. There does not have to be a Battle Log for war attacks, so what I suggest to the Devs - if any of them are reading this now - is this:

Make War Replays available only as attacker and never as defender.

You do not need to know how the rival destroyed your base at 100%, and this would avoid many allegations of cheating, and is not necessary when some OPs are available like Takodana or Tatooine. But when you share replays of your attacks, you're not showing off how a SWC badass you are, but teaching your members correct strategies and helping the next attacker if you have not gotten all 3 uplinks.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm

I’m not a fan of having my opponent see how I attack them and change things up. This is how everyone ends up with identical bases in pvp. The “guess work” is what prevents this from happing in squad wars. Maybe show offensive replays to share your victory/faceplant with your squad squad but not defensive replays that reveal your opponent’s offensive strategy.

llamaman
Commander

Post#13 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Müllmann wrote:Could be great if the player with low HQ could beat an enemy with high HQ in war together. If the first make 12% damage the next must only destroy a 88% base. That give us weaker player better chance to help in war.

Sorry but no. Lower level guys are useful for info on sc units and also low outpost detail as well as donating units to level 10 guys

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#14 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Müllmann wrote:Could be great if the player with low HQ could beat an enemy with high HQ in war together. If the first make 12% damage the next must only destroy a 88% base. That give us weaker player better chance to help in war.

Let's not make this game similar to Boom Beach! :P :lol:
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#15 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:44 am

I would love war replays. Unless someone else records their attack on your base, or describes what they did in the attack, you have no idea what worked or didn't with regards to your base layout.

My implementation would more closely mirror what is in Clash of Clans: go to the war page, select the base, and be able to view (from the war page) any of the attacks on any base (both yours and theirs). No need to fill up the chat with replays. Ideally, you could see "old" attacks from war history, but that may be a bit much to ask from Disney.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

spootieho
Commodore

Post#16 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:45 am

Oim wrote:Time to change/improve/delete Outpost. Tako is so so boring....
Who have fun attacking with tako advantage ?

To be fair, it is a bit of an equalizer due to the horrendous matchmaking system. When it matches a squad of 6-8 with a squad of 10s, it does give them some hope of a 45-45 situation.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:24 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:...... but that may be a bit much to ask from Disney.

Anything other than non-stop 905 errors is too much to ask for from the devs.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”