Pretty frustrated with my squad

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
FatYoda
Lieutenant

Pretty frustrated with my squad

Post#1 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Basically 5 of us out of 15 attack & defend our bases, usually. How do you handle that? We had one player who wouldnt attack or at least defend his base yet, like clockwork, hed request troops when it was over. I removed him after i noticed this to be a pattern. Now one of my officers left & im guessing we werent active enough?

So now since he left we don't have enough to start a war. No one talks /chats & Im usually the chatty one - im not pushy, obnoxious or a jerk - Im generous with donating anything they ask for.
Well thats my rant - anyone go through this & how do you get more good players? I was loaded with lvl2's & after 25 +days of inactivity I'd remove them & new members would join within a few hours. Now its nothing.

What Am i doing wrong?

jimbob
Lieutenant

Re: Pretty frustrated with my squad

Post#2 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:14 pm

It’s not you, it’s just a game heading towards the end of its life cycle, a.k.a. a slow, painful death. Galaxy of Heroes is pretty fun though.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm

one advice ,find another active squad and take your handful of active guys there ,lately many players are quitting and is hard to find active ones,best chances are with a merger

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:49 pm

FatYoda wrote:... What Am i doing wrong?

FatYoda - As stated it is getting harder and harder to find good War Hungry Members.

If changing Squads is a "option" for you and possibly others, and since I presume you might be in Rebel Faction than perhaps you can consider joining Death_Striker Squad whom is currently looking for "active" War Hungry Members.

Let us know how we can help you...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Are you Imp or Rebel?

If you are Imp and you want to join our squad we still have a very active core.
Leader of Dark-Plague
We are recruiting! Send me a message to get in!
Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#6 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 pm

I have participated in lots of squads in almost 4 years, they all seems the same to me. Rarely I found a good squad as Imperial or Rebel.

But they exist:

stormflame (Empire)
Solo's_Band (Rebel)

2 great squads ready for war. And war winners. I'm not playing wars anymore then I left them. But I know anytime I want to comeback I will be well received. As anyone who join. Good luck.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

AdmiralPiett
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Hey FatYoda.

Here is a list of some good imperial squads for you:

- Hostile.Warfare
- LusherForce
- ELITE_UNITED

These squads have high quality leadership and perform well in wars.

For rebels:
SONS_OF_DEATH
Death_Striker
Solo’s_Band

Check out these squads if you are having trouble and not having fun with your current one.

Best,
AP
ADMIRAL PIETT - HQ10 MAXED - 40K MEDALS

Proud member Of ChaosWolfPck

CONTACT ME HERE:-

DISCORD - #9666
LINE - zeryabprime

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 am

FatYoda wrote:...
What Am i doing wrong?

Nothing. There are many, many squads out there in your position, including those with successful War histories, and level 50 squad perks. The Player stats show that whilst the number of players is decreasing, the number of squads is still increasing. The underlying reality is that there are many many more squads than the game needs right now, and that is damaging the game, in my view.

A newbie player that might like the game enough to continue has a high chance of landing in a dying squad where inactivity is the norm. That player will not get the exposure s/he needs to get to the next stage, and so quits, and the negative cycle continues.

There is still a steady stream of new players for this game, but no squad consistently receives them all of the time. The game seems to rotate who gets the newbies. Keen newbies though are hard to find.

Movement in and out of the squad helps to get you back to having a steady flow of newbies.

But, bear in mind, most newbies arrive at HQ2, when they are encouraged to join a squad by the PvE tutorial missions. Most do not have any interest in going further, or interacting with the squad further. You need to boot them regularly. If they don't respond in the chat, on arrival, boot them. If they don't do anything for a set period of time, boot them. As for how long you give them, when I led a squad, it would be 7 days, over time, I've realised you can actually weed them out a lot faster than that. 2 days of inactivity (without notice) is probably enough.

To build a squad up in this way is a very time intensive effort, and not much fun.

There are alternatives to fighting this fight, and ways to get more out of the game. There are really two options. One is merging with another squad. It sounds like your squad is struggling badly at the moment (and many are). The realistic option (and I appreciate this may not be what you want to hear) would be to take your guys to another squad. You may lose your leadership status, but the squad you join may make you an officer, and at the very least you see another way of doing things. You will also get to participate in Wars, share tactics and strategies with like minded people and have a great time (this is what happens in ALL successful squads).

The other option is to move along yourself. Admiral Piett has given you a list of squads in both factions that would be likely to take you on. You can fight alone, but you'll have more fun and be more successful fighting in a team.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:30 am

+1000000
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

obiwandong
Officer

Post#10 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:05 pm

join Last-jedi we are looking for active members who like to war we treat everyone as family,officer if Last-jedi

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”