Potential cheaters?

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
baso
Officer
Posts: 9

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#21 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm

On this day.... I was attacked by obus from jedi.nights. The replay showed a 1 star 71% with a full load out but he result was 100% loss. Gutted because I had managed to protect the 25k CB.


Toydarian
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#22 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Ok, so this is my first post on this forum, which I follow regularly. Really appreciate all the stuff you guys post, love it, me and my squad learn lots, and DS deserves a medal!

Anyway, just wanted to share our recent war experience with an imp outfit named “Shadowsoldiers”. I am not going to accuse them of cheating, but they took us 45 to 14. We all had jets at 9 or 10 in our SCs, yet this bunch took us apart with surgical precision, mainly by Hq6 or less guys. Won’t bore you with the stats, but the experience was exactly, yes exactly, like Coocoo described elsewhere in this thread. I myself witnessed an hq 6 recapturing Tat @ lvl 9! So I would be interested to know if any of you guys have come across this bunch....they only have some 68 war wins in a row! From some runs we did during the war, it felt like we was just up against one or two guys with many accounts each! No probs with that, but my squad exited the war well demoralised! My own experience, as a maxed 9 Reb, with 200+ wars under the belt, was to get 34% against a lvl 6 guy in this squad. For me, sniff test failed! Tell me what you think, please. Thanks.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 804

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#23 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:25 am

Toydarian wrote:Ok, so this is my first post on this forum, which I follow regularly. Really appreciate all the stuff you guys post, love it, me and my squad learn lots, and DS deserves a medal!

Anyway, just wanted to share our recent war experience with an imp outfit named “Shadowsoldiers”. I am not going to accuse them of cheating, but they took us 45 to 14. We all had jets at 9 or 10 in our SCs, yet this bunch took us apart with surgical precision, mainly by Hq6 or less guys. Won’t bore you with the stats, but the experience was exactly, yes exactly, like Coocoo described elsewhere in this thread. I myself witnessed an hq 6 recapturing Tat @ lvl 9! So I would be interested to know if any of you guys have come across this bunch....they only have some 68 war wins in a row! From some runs we did during the war, it felt like we was just up against one or two guys with many accounts each! No probs with that, but my squad exited the war well demoralised! My own experience, as a maxed 9 Reb, with 200+ wars under the belt, was to get 34% against a lvl 6 guy in this squad. For me, sniff test failed! Tell me what you think, please. Thanks.

It's not beyond reasonable doubt.
With Tako in play, a good player can achieve what you stated above.
Was Tako in play and did they have control of Tako when they attacked (either base or Tat outpost) ?


Toydarian
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#24 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Toydarian wrote:Ok, so this is my first post on this forum, which I follow regularly. Really appreciate all the stuff you guys post, love it, me and my squad learn lots, and DS deserves a medal!

Anyway, just wanted to share our recent war experience with an imp outfit named “Shadowsoldiers”. I am not going to accuse them of cheating, but they took us 45 to 14. We all had jets at 9 or 10 in our SCs, yet this bunch took us apart with surgical precision, mainly by Hq6 or less guys. Won’t bore you with the stats, but the experience was exactly, yes exactly, like Coocoo described elsewhere in this thread. I myself witnessed an hq 6 recapturing Tat @ lvl 9! So I would be interested to know if any of you guys have come across this bunch....they only have some 68 war wins in a row! From some runs we did during the war, it felt like we was just up against one or two guys with many accounts each! No probs with that, but my squad exited the war well demoralised! My own experience, as a maxed 9 Reb, with 200+ wars under the belt, was to get 34% against a lvl 6 guy in this squad. For me, sniff test failed! Tell me what you think, please. Thanks.

It's not beyond reasonable doubt.
With Tako in play, a good player can achieve what you stated above.
Was Tako in play and did they have control of Tako when they attacked (either base or Tat outpost) ?

Thanks for your reply DarkRebel, appreciated. Tak was indeed in play, it was recaptured from our squad by an hq8 guy. But, we were having a real firefight for the outposts, so I cannot recall, sorry, if Tak was captured before or after the 6 guy took Tat @ level 9. Whatever, I take your point that a good lvl 6 player can recapture an outpost @ lvl 9 if Tak is on their side. One thing still puzzles me...looking at the profile of this squad on ksod.us, their top three lvl 6 guys all have identical base strengths...coincidence, or just good planning. Anyway, thank you for the feedback.


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1056

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#25 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:43 pm

You have to remember that the level 6 base could be a second base for a veteran level 10 player. The whole squad could be made up of secondary bases from The Dark Brigade. They'd kick your ass.

Taking Tat is hardly impossible. With buffed heavies and storms, it's quite easy at max level. If you know what you're doing. I've also seen level X's choke on it, because they didn't know what they were doing.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 804

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#26 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Toydarian wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Toydarian wrote:Ok, so this is my first post on this forum, which I follow regularly. Really appreciate all the stuff you guys post, love it, me and my squad learn lots, and DS deserves a medal!

Anyway, just wanted to share our recent war experience with an imp outfit named “Shadowsoldiers”. I am not going to accuse them of cheating, but they took us 45 to 14. We all had jets at 9 or 10 in our SCs, yet this bunch took us apart with surgical precision, mainly by Hq6 or less guys. Won’t bore you with the stats, but the experience was exactly, yes exactly, like Coocoo described elsewhere in this thread. I myself witnessed an hq 6 recapturing Tat @ lvl 9! So I would be interested to know if any of you guys have come across this bunch....they only have some 68 war wins in a row! From some runs we did during the war, it felt like we was just up against one or two guys with many accounts each! No probs with that, but my squad exited the war well demoralised! My own experience, as a maxed 9 Reb, with 200+ wars under the belt, was to get 34% against a lvl 6 guy in this squad. For me, sniff test failed! Tell me what you think, please. Thanks.

It's not beyond reasonable doubt.
With Tako in play, a good player can achieve what you stated above.
Was Tako in play and did they have control of Tako when they attacked (either base or Tat outpost) ?

Thanks for your reply DarkRebel, appreciated. Tak was indeed in play, it was recaptured from our squad by an hq8 guy. But, we were having a real firefight for the outposts, so I cannot recall, sorry, if Tak was captured before or after the 6 guy took Tat @ level 9. Whatever, I take your point that a good lvl 6 player can recapture an outpost @ lvl 9 if Tak is on their side. One thing still puzzles me...looking at the profile of this squad on ksod.us, their top three lvl 6 guys all have identical base strengths...coincidence, or just good planning. Anyway, thank you for the feedback.

That’s the max score for L6. I just looked at their base, everything is L6. They may have good reason to stay at L6.
You just ran into a tough squad.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is an ex-windows squad which have experienced players playing at lower level than their skill level.


Toydarian
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#27 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 am

Thank you both Admirals for these really helpful insights. I conclude that we were just up against a much more seasoned and experienced squad. The great positive for me out of this is that I can now challenge my level 6 and 7 squad members to develop their attack skills for recapturing level 9 outposts!! They just gonna love me for that, lol. Thanks again both.


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 804

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#28 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Just some tips on taking outposts (especially for low level players):
- Try (or grind, lol) to unlock planet armory equipments so that you can use equipments on troops. Note that while equipments do not work on war bases, they do work on outpost planets.
- Move to the planet that is compatible to the outpost planets (sand for sand outposts, green for green outposts, and ice for Hoth) so that you can equip the equipment for your troops before attacking the outposts.
- If your squad has control of an offense outpost (like Tako, Tat), then the effect also works when attacking another outposts. For example, if your squad has control of Tako, then your infantry will enjoy 500% boost when attacking Tat outpost. So with Tako in control, I will go with infantry load when attacking Tat outpost. With Tat outpost under control, then I will go with a mech load when attacking Tako outpost. With Yavin, then I will bring some air to help with destroying turrets. For Hoth, you can bring shield buster air to take down the head quarter (which should get 1 star, good enough for the control of the outpost).

With armory, capturing outposts is much easier than before.


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1056

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#29 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Just go to YouTube. If you're an imp, Tat especially is a lot easier than you think. There's an old pre-armory video called sphy style or something like that that will show you how to get the HQ using the EATAT really quickly.

Long story short, there is a slot in the lower right. Deploy a shock trooper to get a trap just outside the walls by the HQ. Then deploy the EATAT behind the shock, and start spamming sandtroopers along that right side to protect the eatat. Drop like 80 and you should be good. Do it fast. The eatat takes the lower shield, then pops the HQ to get at the next closest shield. The sands might get there first.


Toydarian
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: Potential cheaters?

Post#30 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:52 am

An excellent tutorial DarkRebel, which I think I will make mandatory reading for my squad! Thanks for posting!

I guess we are getting a bit off topic now, but a question if I may? I was unaware that Tako gives such a significant boost to infantry, 500% you say. Do you know if the benefits for the other five outposts have been quantified and documented anywhere in this forum or anywhere else on-line?

Cheers!


Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests