Tired of the missmatches

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
swfanyl
Officer

Tired of the missmatches

Post#1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:38 pm

The update to matching that was done last September 2017 has resulted in several mismatched wars. I have 3 level 10s, several level 7 & 8s, and a few level 6s in my squad. We have had a steady diet of fighting squads with 10 to 14 level 10 bases with superior strength. We have had a few that we better, but this last one has take then cake.

Players drop out or don't even fight on a war that is lopsided. I noticed that there are others who have had similar posts, and someone is gathering data. I think it would be best to go back to the matching algorithm prior to September 2017 and give us a fair matching again.

DarkKnight
Captain

Re: Tired of the missmatches

Post#2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Same here. Just lost our 4th lopsided war in a row. Some want to say it's because of the medal count. I beg to differ, not when our medal count was a quarter of theirs. We faced all 10s with 4 9s. We had 2 10s in and a mixture of lower. Had no shot at all. Match making has gotten rediculous!!! Hear us Disney, FIX IT!!!!!
Rogue_Warriors
Leader
May the Force be with us!!!

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Experience says that number of medals have much less importance than base strength, or none, for the matchmaking in wars. Number of medals work only for PvP. It's an old problem that Dev's already know but they can't resolve, and all changes they did to improve matchmaking for more fair matches only gave worse results.

Take the base strenght of 15 players, than multiply for some obscure algorithm, see the number of squads available when matchmaking has started and how much time the matchmaking is taking to complete, if that doesn't work, wide out the base strenght and try to find any squad available to match, even if that squad has much more strenght than yours... It was like that in the past.

Matchmakings now are instant, and in my Windows days they took hours to find anything, and the results were similar with what most squads are seeing now: mismatches. and more mismatches...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Shadowrider

Post#4 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:43 pm

We constantly get matched with 14 or 15 level 10 players. They all have level 10 weapons, my squad usually have 4 or 5 level 10 players, 4 or 5 level 9 players a few 8 and 7s. There is no way to win when we have weapons from leve10 -level 7. I told the leader we should just quit fighting the squad wars when they are so unevenly match and all the members email disney. As long as we continue to fight disney will never change. 45-0 loss

teebone

Post#5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:45 pm

My advice would be this; you can't lose if you get 45 uplinks. I'm a lvl 8 and routinely take out 9s and sometimes 10s. You MUST control the outposts however. It gives a boost to your squad and, just as importantly, denies it to your opponent. Teach your lower lvl folks to focus on the OPs until the OPs are lvl 8 or 9. The squad I'm with rountinely wins and wins big (we've lost twice since I joined in October of last year). We have 4 10s, 3 9s and 4 8s. One of the closest wins we had was a squad with no 10s and several 9s. We only won by 1 uplink because they aggressively attacked the OPs.

ScoAT
Officer

Post#6 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 am

hi, if you are interested on topic about matching process, please refer to my post
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054&start=50#p76939

In our team we manage to match with more or less equal opponent in most of our last war :) ... it is possible

swfanyl
Officer

Post#7 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks all for the replies. We have tried to balance out the 15 in squad war, as well as trying to teach the lower levels to take OP. Bad matches are bad matches. Well, my squad decided to start a new fresh squad to see if we can get better war matches. We lost some players in the transfer. We need 3 more people to start wars. - Empire - USA-501st-sqwar.

Blackhammer

Post#8 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:15 am

Fix the matching system. There is no fair to it have been matched against all 9s or 10s for 2 months. If they can’t fix it fire them and get someone who can. Disney

baso
Officer

Post#9 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Surely it can't be that hard. I would love to see matches derived solely from the sum total of hq levels.
Stop trying to be clever Disney, it isn't working.
We are an imperial squad and have 3 level 10s, 3 level 9s and the rest down to level 7. The last war was Vs Aussie Elite with 15 level 10s. Today, 30 min war with 12 level 10s and 3 9s.
I will happily wait 24 hours for a fair match up. Come on, sort it out.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#10 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:21 am

There might not be enough squads warring these days. We've gone from as many as we can do in a week to one or maybe two a week. I think many active squads are similar. Many other squads have been abandoned.... at least that's the word on the street.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”