Use of Fathier Rider In War SC

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Swad
Major General

Re: Use of Fathier Rider In War SC

Post#11 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

I have encountered the horses during several looting attacks recently. In each case, as was mentioned by other players, the horse shot out but only butted each unit once. Little damage was caused to any of my troops, stormies, MTVs, Eatat, heavies etc.
After butting each unit once, the horse ran around the sc, ignoring my attack.
I tried different ways to destroy the horse and snipers, heavies, decimators and strikers were all fairly successful. I only attacked it running around the sc.
It would be difficult in a proper attack to destroy the horse with so many troops for it to attack. However, damage caused by the horse was so minimal that it did not appear to be a threat.
Useless for attack so cant really see a use for this beast at the moment.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

LordWader
Captain

Post#12 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am

Well, finally got to see a replay of one in the defense in my SC....terrible! Ran around a couple of times and then tried to attack an Elite AT-TE and died a horrible death.

Have to hand it to the Devs on this one, because they have created the most useless unit in the game and all for the low, low price of 25 UC! I would not even use this at 5 UC let alone 25! If the Devs really want players to use this merc, then they better fix the AI.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

LordWader wrote:Well, finally got to see a replay of one in the defense in my SC....terrible! Ran around a couple of times and then tried to attack an Elite AT-TE and died a horrible death.

Have to hand it to the Devs on this one, because they have created the most useless unit in the game and all for the low, low price of 25 UC! I would not even use this at 5 UC let alone 25! If the Devs really want players to use this merc, then they better fix the AI.

Maybe next we can get a Jar Jar that is basically a reskinned Farthair Rider. Instead of kicking, he constantly stumbles into things.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

JDD
Major General

Post#14 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm definitely going tae attack with a space donkey in Tako & Dando War.

SCHose
Captain

Post#15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am

So, a lower level squadmate shared a replay where the Fathier Rider was causing him problems. He still won with 81%, but the Fathier lasted 1min and 20 seconds.

He opened his attack with a bunch of wookies clumped together followed by a med droid. After the SC was triggered, a Fathier rider came out but did not run around. It stayed on the clumped wookies for 40 seconds. It kicked the wookies multiple times. It did not appear to be one kick and done. (Maybe the health loss has to reach a certain threshhold before it moves on and the med droid messed with that.)

All the while, the Fathier rider was not sustaining any damage, since the wookies target turrets. It only perished when it finally gave up on the wookies and started going after heavies. And at no point did the Fathier Rider circle the SC.
SC Hose - Officer, PartyLikePorkins (a Top 100 Rebel Squad)
Jr Hose - Officer, Creeper624 (a casual but active Level 48 Rebel Squad)
These are the squads you are looking for.

Euph
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 pm

The way I'd interpret that was that it was kicking each wookie once before "moving on" - so if the wookies are clustered, it would appear to be not moving other than to follow the group of wookies as they chased turrets. But I'd have to see to know.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Ktulu
Commander

Post#17 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Havent seen in war, only couple pvp. They were dead in seconds, and at 25 cargo, pffffft, ill take 4 speeders all day over that cracked out camel.
I dont pay to play, I steal it from others

Come play in the LandofDecay

LeaderHq lvl 9

LordWader
Captain

Post#18 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 am

spootieho wrote:
LordWader wrote:Well, finally got to see a replay of one in the defense in my SC....terrible! Ran around a couple of times and then tried to attack an Elite AT-TE and died a horrible death.

Maybe next we can get a Jar Jar that is basically a reskinned Farthair Rider. Instead of kicking, he constantly stumbles into things.

LOL! I would actually use that Jar Jar unit just for the comic relief! That and the guilty pleasure of watching it die a painful death on every attack!

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 am

I was looking for this post. I found two rebel bases with Fathier in SC while I was looting on Tatooine today.

In the first attack, I sent Kubaz to disable shields and trigger SC, and waited to see what would come out. That thing came out, and since the Kubaz were already dead, I lured it with a Gamo into an empty space, and deployed 2 jumps to kill the beast in less than 2sec!

In the second attack, there was no way to infiltrate Kubaz, the base was surrounded by walls, and GR inside the shields. I started deploying sandtroopers to destroy buildings on the opposite side, and wait for the first wave of GR to come out, and I attacked with gamorrean to distract the turrets from the eAT-AT, and Jumps to destroy everything as the shields were being destroyed. When the SC was triggered, that beast came out and after running for the last sandtrooper in the other side, it came right up on the eAt-AT and died with a single shot... Very funny! :lol: :lol:

I really do not understand why use such a stupid creature. 25 UCs would give to put 12 Bantha Riders or 5 wookies, much more useful than the Crazy Horse. Maybe they think we're going to try to kill that beast with airstrikes...

And if I'm wrong, please correct me, but Mercs are not affected by the Takodana / Dandoran boost, so that thing is more useless than a plain rancor, which is 20 UCs and also not affected by the boost while it's also a mercenary?
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”