Use of Fathier Rider In War SC

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

Use of Fathier Rider In War SC

Post#1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:28 pm

With the end of the Holday Event where we got the New Mercenary Unit - Fathier Rider - the question arises:

Are Fathier Riders Good In War SC?

Here is what we know:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rebel Faction / Empire Faction

Fathier Rider / Fathier Rider

The Fathier Rider is guided by a Tognath Rider to destroy enemy troops and buildings. This beast's natural speed and powerful strikes make it ideal for hit-and-run combat.

Races around the battlefield, attacking various targets. A Tognath rider guides this beast to destroy enemy troops and buildings with incredible speed and powerful strikes.

(Click here to view LARGER image)

MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO HIRE (TRAIN) UNITS: HQ 7+ and Cantina.

⇨ MORE INFO:

Rebel Faction

Empire Faction

QUESTION: Can The Fathier Rider Be Donated?

ANSWER: Maybe - But Only For HQ 7+ / SC 7+

With a UC of 25 only those with a Squad Center at Level 7+ could hold it and - even then - if you could donate this New Mercenary you could ONLY DONATE 1.

QUESTION: Can The Fathier Rider Be Good For War SC?

With its MOVEMENT SPEED of 120 (12 Tiles per Move) it is very difficult to target with Starship Strikes (like Fang Fighter / TIE Striker) and with it causing havoc on the Sullust Battlefield making Enemy Commanders waste time and Units trying to defend against Fathier Rider Attacks this could in effect tip the Balance to the Defending War Commanders side by limiting Uplinks taken.

TRADE OFF: With its 25 UC you will have less room for "other" Defending Units in War SC.

Lets get the discussion going... Post comments both Pro and Con below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Euph
Admiral

Re: Use of Fathier Rider In War SC

Post#2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 pm

My understanding of the Fathier's behaviour (from observation) is that it will attack a target once before moving onto the next, but more importantly it will only attack each target once. So on defense, after hitting every available target once it will go back to dancing around the SC.

Personally I'd probably just ignore one if I saw it.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Euph wrote:My understanding of the Fathier's behaviour (from observation) is that it will attack a target once before moving onto the next, but more importantly it will only attack each target once. So on defense, after hitting every available target once it will go back to dancing around the SC.

Personally I'd probably just ignore one if I saw it.

I've used the samples a lot with a level 6 account. One time, all the buildings except one were taken down on a base. The Fathier ran in, kicked the building, then ran away. Some other units came in then and finished the building. I think you're right, it doesn't go back at all. It just hits it and quits it.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 pm

You have to think how people react in wars. If a fathier pops out and runs at the main attack, odds are the attacker will frantically try to fang it before it gets into range. I would hope they wouldn’t notice the two snipes far behind it that will begin to mercilessly slaughter their jets or heavies soon after they waste all of their air trying to take out the stupid space horse. Deception is a powerful tool.

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:46 am

Plagueis wrote:You have to think how people react in wars. If a fathier pops out and runs at the main attack, odds are the attacker will frantically try to fang it before it gets into range. I would hope they wouldn’t notice the two snipes far behind it that will begin to mercilessly slaughter their jets or heavies soon after they waste all of their air trying to take out the stupid space horse. Deception is a powerful tool.

Plagueis - My thoughts exactly when I started this Topic.

It is unfortunate that we don't have Squad War Replays (unless someone records / posts their War Attack) and so any "evidence" that a Fathier Rider does well in War Defensive SC is by inference based upon several attacks by Players whom you would expect to do well but don't.

Of course using the Fathier Rider as a War Attacking Unit is probabliy not a good idea but in the Defensive SC well that is what this Topic is debating.

And the discussion continues...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 am

I used one today on a defense for the hell of it. It was a level eight. 3-4 jets killed it in about a half second. If we're talking a tako war, I'd say it won't do any good. Maybe in a way where Yavin or Dando is the best outpost it might work.

SCHose
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am

I've encountered the Fathier Rider in the SC once. It was not in war, but regular PvP. I did panic when I saw that thing zipping all over the place. I panicked so much that it didn't occur to me that it wasn't going to remain stationary at some point. I guess instincts take over and due to the speed you react as if they are speeder bikes. As I was waiting for it to stop moving so that I could hit it with a Fang, it died....a mere couple seconds after it was triggered. Then it was back to business as usual, and I still had my full air at my disposal.
SC Hose - Officer, PartyLikePorkins (a Top 100 Rebel Squad)
Jr Hose - Officer, Creeper624 (a casual but active Level 48 Rebel Squad)
These are the squads you are looking for.

RCM
Commodore

Post#8 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 am

I've seen it a few times on attacks. It's a non-event. IMO the equivalent of a rancor in terms of strategy, meaning none needed.
Empire squad: WAR247 232/4/8 W/L/D

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 am

Keep in mind war troops aren’t buffed the same as PVP. If tako isn’t available, infantry like jets and jumps will do nowhere near the same amount of damage and which would allow a fathier to last longer and be much more of a threat especially considering the lack of health buffs too. I wonder how good 3 Ongidae oppressors would work if following an SC fathier as they would have plenty of time to “toughen up” before being noticed and essentially have the same health as a buffed heavy, plus good damage modifiers vs. infantry.

LordWader
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 am

I have not unlocked the unit myself, but have received them in my SC as donations. I have not used them or seen them in a defense yet.

I have to say that the only thing I have seen them being useful is when I have employed them from my SC during an attack as they are a good distraction of turrets as it runs around all over the place and turrets are trying to track them. Allows my other troops to close in for the kill while the turrets are occupied with the fathier.

Of course, you have to ensure that the droidekas are wiped out/enemy SC is triggered before employing the fathier or else it will trip them prematurely as it runs all over the place

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”