Rebel Squad Wars Troop Help

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Marsh
Commander

Rebel Squad Wars Troop Help

Post#1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Rebel sw troop help

What is the best troops to use when having yavin, hoth and erkin as outposts? I have tried a few different configurations and have fell way short but the emps seem to roll over us. Please help.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Thread Post

DeathStriker

Re: Rebel sw troop help

Post#2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Marsh wrote:What is the best troops to use when having yavin, hoth and erkin as outposts? I have tried a few different configurations and have fell way short but the emps seem to roll over us. Please help.

Marsh: Here are the Outpost Buffs...

• Er'Kit: Defense - Walls and HQ Have Increased Healthpoints (Buff: +100%)
  • Hoth: Defense - Shield Generators and DekA and DekO have Regenerative Shields (Buff: +18% / 1.5 sec)
  • Yavin-4: Attack - Starfighters Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +150%)
You only have 1 Attack Buff - Starship Strikes.

For Rebels I recommend a mix of Fang Fighters or HWK-290's along with some B-Wing Bombers.

The Empire Faction equivalent would be TIE Strikers or VT-49 Decimator's along with some TIE Defender's.

As for Defense - that will mostly rely on how well your War Base is set up and what is in your War SC.

Hope this helps you...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 am

With Yavin, carry 5 b-wings for turrets and 3 fangs. An alternate approach is 2 A wings, 1 x wing to take out SC, then 2 b-wings to help with turrets. This is the key outpost.

The strategy for Hoth and Erkit is ... to grab them as they help saving you time on attacks.

Troop composition is then based on base design. Jets for spread out bases, and HFDs for concentrated base.

Then what’s left is deployments skills. Having the right troops can only carry you so far, you need to be able to scout the base and come up with attack plan that is suitable for the base and your attack style, and then execution.

Unbuffed jets can still effective for war, as they fly over walls. Just need to watch out for those nasty sonics.

My 2 cents.

Marsh
Commander

Post#4 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 pm

DarkRebel wrote:With Yavin, carry 5 b-wings for turrets and 3 fangs. An alternate approach is 2 A wings, 1 x wing to take out SC, then 2 b-wings to help with turrets. This is the key outpost.

The strategy for Hoth and Erkit is ... to grab them as they help saving you time on attacks.

Troop composition is then based on base design. Jets for spread out bases, and HFDs for concentrated base.

Then what’s left is deployments skills. Having the right troops can only carry you so far, you need to be able to scout the base and come up with attack plan that is suitable for the base and your attack style, and then execution.

Unbuffed jets can still effective for war, as they fly over walls. Just need to watch out for those nasty sonics.

My 2 cents.

Sonics were not my issue. The problem was popping the shields to get to the turrets. My jets were not enough and my ithorian only lvl 1 got smoked by rapids before making it to shields.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 am

Marsh wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:With Yavin, carry 5 b-wings for turrets and 3 fangs. An alternate approach is 2 A wings, 1 x wing to take out SC, then 2 b-wings to help with turrets. This is the key outpost.

My 2 cents.

Sonics were not my issue. The problem was popping the shields to get to the turrets. My jets were not enough and my ithorian only lvl 1 got smoked by rapids before making it to shields.

so maybe you need a jug, but my understanding is that even ithorian at L1 is sufficient, providing they don’t have to run long before reaching shields. What level is your eATTE ?

FelixKostobi
Captain

Re: Rebel Squad Wars Troop Help

Post#6 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

can't be a more irrelevant question about squad wars. There is no optimum or even better than another load when attacking - or defending.
Squad wars require an attack plan based on the enemy base. Whoever forgets this is simply doomed.
I see suggestions assuming you are level 10, you have at least available awings etc.
The sad but simple truth is that each sw battle is somewhat unique and depends beyond the available planetary buffs on the strength of the attacked and the strength and base layout of the defender.
Don't look for an ultimate answer to your question, it is better to try and make individual plans. Otherwise, sorry to say, but you are doomed to lose. It is a strategy game after all and as such requires some strategy to be applied.

p.s. Also, squad wars are wars where a squad fights another squad. Not one player against another.
HQ10 Rebel only, 50k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

EagleMark
Storm Trooper

Post#7 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm

FelixKostobi wrote:can't be a more irrelevant question about squad wars. There is no optimum or even better than another load when attacking - or defending.
Squad wars require an attack plan based on the enemy base. Whoever forgets this is simply doomed.
I see suggestions assuming you are level 10, you have at least available awings etc.
The sad but simple truth is that each sw battle is somewhat unique and depends beyond the available planetary buffs on the strength of the attacked and the strength and base layout of the defender.
Don't look for an ultimate answer to your question, it is better to try and make individual plans. Otherwise, sorry to say, but you are doomed to lose. It is a strategy game after all and as such requires some strategy to be applied.

p.s. Also, squad wars are wars where a squad fights another squad. Not one player against another.

Felix, first off your tone is terrible. But, you are also just dead wrong. Arrogance + ignorance = a very bad combination.

Of course outposts matter in attack strategy. If there is a troop buff but no vehicle buff, you would lean toward troops and vice versa.

Marsh, I don't know the answer to your exact question, but I know from experience that they do, in fact matter. And to be clear, I do also agree that opponent base layout also matters.

Boog
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Sky pilots are great with yavin, sometimes you get lucky and the airstrikes start targetting turrets.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 pm

itho level doesn't really matter, its the same 5 second shield that counts.
I go 2 fangs, 4 b-wings, 1 x-wing and 1 z-95.
z-95 with yavin will get through any wall, allowing itho in for shield or sonic bait

As above, rebel pilots calling airstrikes are handy. If you have samples of sullustan sniper, drop one of them in too.

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#10 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm

EagleMark wrote:
FelixKostobi wrote:can't be a more irrelevant question about squad wars. There is no optimum or even better than another load when attacking - or defending.

Felix, first off your tone is terrible. But, you are also just dead wrong. Arrogance + ignorance = a very bad combination.

Of course outposts matter in attack strategy. If there is a troop buff but no vehicle buff, you would lean toward troops and vice versa.

Marsh, I don't know the answer to your exact question, but I know from experience that they do, in fact matter. And to be clear, I do also agree that opponent base layout also matters.

Arrogance? Not at all. Ignorance? Even less. That's why i say there is no an optimum fit to all load of troops or individual strategy in squad wars. In the end, if i read your message well you actually agree with all i said.
HQ10 Rebel only, 50k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”