attack before skins strats for sw

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Noahjedi77
Captain

attack before skins strats for sw

Post#1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:20 pm

I am in a sw with hoth yavin and kit. I havent attacked without skins or offense outposts in a long time and i have basically forgotten how to attack old school. I tried heavy and meds my first attack but some sharps and traps blew up the first group, and sonics and bursts took out the second group. Could u guys offer comments or tips on this?
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

geoman48
Commodore

Re: attack before skins strats for sw

Post#2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm

old school, jetpacks are still the way to go especially if you're trying to re-take er'kit because it has mostly mortar turrets on defense and jetpacks don't activate traps.

Yavin is super easy to take with jetpacks or really anything, just spam units at 9 o'clock.

Hoth is a little trickier, but a combo of jetpacks and good mech will capture it for sure.

If you're talking about attacking for uplinks, then I typically go with mostly jetpacks, 1 jug, 2 hailfire, 1 at-rt, 2 ithorians, and 2 twileks. lure SC with ithorians (taking out 2 shields or more if feasible), put a single regular rebel soldier in the corner somewhere, wait for bikes or whatever from SC to attack that corner. Plop down Luke, spin him, drop 2 twileks on top of bikes/snipers to wipe em out, then spam jetpacks. use jug to take out remaining shields. put hailfires down behind jetpacks. at-rt near resources. I use SC on almost every squad war attack unless i'm attacking down 2-3 levels. Mostly jetpacks in SC, with 1 at-rt or bike to top it off to 40 UC. lastly, i like to have about 7 or so regular troops to wipe up random buildings in corners. Droidekas are good for that too. I use air strikes only when necessary. I'm HQ10, and roughly only have to use airstrikes to get 3 uplinks on 50% of attacks. But with no takodana, dandy, or tat outposts, that % increases.

Hope that helps. Cheers.
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

Noahjedi77
Captain

Re: attack before skins strats for sw

Post#3 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 am

geoman48 wrote:old school, jetpacks are still the way to go especially if you're trying to re-take er'kit because it has mostly mortar turrets on defense and jetpacks don't activate traps.

Yavin is super easy to take with jetpacks or really anything, just spam units at 9 o'clock.

Hoth is a little trickier, but a combo of jetpacks and good mech will capture it for sure.

If you're talking about attacking for uplinks, then I typically go with mostly jetpacks, 1 jug, 2 hailfire, 1 at-rt, 2 ithorians, and 2 twileks. lure SC with ithorians (taking out 2 shields or more if feasible), put a single regular rebel soldier in the corner somewhere, wait for bikes or whatever from SC to attack that corner. Plop down Luke, spin him, drop 2 twileks on top of bikes/snipers to wipe em out, then spam jetpacks. use jug to take out remaining shields. put hailfires down behind jetpacks. at-rt near resources. I use SC on almost every squad war attack unless i'm attacking down 2-3 levels. Mostly jetpacks in SC, with 1 at-rt or bike to top it off to 40 UC. lastly, i like to have about 7 or so regular troops to wipe up random buildings in corners. Droidekas are good for that too. I use air strikes only when necessary. I'm HQ10, and roughly only have to use airstrikes to get 3 uplinks on 50% of attacks. But with no takodana, dandy, or tat outposts, that % increases.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

It does, thank you!
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”