Territory Based Squad Wars

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Arthurion
Storm Trooper

Territory Based Squad Wars

Post#1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 am

I think there should be territory based squad wars. What do you think?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Re: Territory based squad wars

Post#2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 am

What exactly do you mean Arthurion?

Do you mean squad wars per country or per timezone?
There are many "national" squads but many other squads thrive by being international and worldwide.

Or do you mean something completely different like somehow occupying enemy territory/bases which have to be retaken?

Please elaborate and btw welcome to the forum!
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

Arthurion
Storm Trooper

Re: Territory Based Squad Wars

Post#3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi thx.. I mean something different. Planets divided in regions, or something similar, that can be contested over by rebel and empire squads. A fight over the dominance of a planet with key recourse or other tactical important regions and or facilities. Rebel squads working together and empire squads doing the same.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 pm

When I think of squads working together AND improving squad wars is changing outposts to something that doesn't benefit individual squad members (lone wolves) or smaller groups within the squad as much. Here are some thoughts:

Tatooine - Reduces UC cost of donated vehicles by 50%

Dandoran - Reduces UC cost of donated infantry by 25%

Takodana - Reduces UC cost of donated mercenaries by 25%

Yavin - Adds a "request" tab for squad members to donate starships to your starship command

Hoth - Shield strength is increased by 1% for each uplink remaining on your squad member's bases.

Er'kit - All base structures have 1% increased health for each uplink remaining on your squad member's bases.

These buffs would be controlled for one hour and would then have to be recaptured by the opposing squad after a one hour wait. If not captured within one hour of resetting, the outpost becomes "fair game" for either side. This would encourage squads to hold rallys as often as possible within those 1 hour windows and be ready to recapture if the other squad doesn't capitalize on their chance. This would also slow the pace of wars as the buffs most likely wouldn't be as potent and would prevent the typical one hour 45 uplink grabs we see now.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#5 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Arthurion wrote:Hi thx.. I mean something different. Planets divided in regions, or something similar, that can be contested over by rebel and empire squads. A fight over the dominance of a planet with key recourse or other tactical important regions and or facilities. Rebel squads working together and empire squads doing the same.

When the planets beyond Tatooine were introduced there was some speculation that they would work something like this, where the factions vied for control and got a benefit for gaining temporary ascendancy; such ideas sadly seem beyond the scope envisaged, or mandated from higher up for this game.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Arthurion
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:54 am

I agree. I also think there should be battlefields without bases where squads, 1 on 1 or 3 vs 3 for example, can battle real time to contest an area, zone or stratetig site. There should be a timer when one or more of these places are unlocked, so squads can prepare themselves to contest them.

This game inspires me very much. There are some flaws in there, but the basis is very good to expand upon. This could be a winner. I hope that the developers of this game realise this too..

..and thanks for your comments and thoughts.. :)
Last edited by Arthurion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 am

Agree with you Arthurion; Long ago I suggested things along this line... 1-1 "live" battling.

It can be done (of sorts), if you look at Clash Of Clans with the Builder's Base... there you get one opponent. Skipping is not possible, but you can change your loadout (within the limits of what you have unlocked/researched of course) to the base you have to attack. It is hard (at least for me it is hard) but it forces you to rethink your strategy each time.

A similar extra base/outpost which you can only upgrade by winning 1 on 1 battles might be created here in SWC maybe.
It could even begin with a storyline like on Tat... enough planets to choose from and I think many players would love to start building a new base!
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”