Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Piaresquare
Commander

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#81 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:10 pm

You are right, top competitive squads, prefer to be matched with other top competitive squads. If you want to avoid most leaderboard squads, I’d suggest not going into mm on Wednesday’s or Saturday’s, but only a suggestion.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

baso
Storm Trooper

Post#82 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:44 pm

You sound like a good match up for us, full-of-sith. We have just been crushed in 20 mins by a rebel squad ranked 58 (we are 1758). We have similar level bases to you, they had 13 level 10s. I would gladly wait 24 hours for a fair fight. Alas no, 'matched' in seconds and defeated in minutes. Can't have been much fun for them either really.

SilentKnight
Storm Trooper

Post#83 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Has been the same with us. currently i have no level 10s in and just 5 level 9s, a few 8s, a 7, 6s and a level 4 in. what we get 7 level 10s, 3 level 9s, 4 level 8s and rst 10s. they are a good ranking of 314 with a record of 115-5-15 wich i think is AWESOME, and us we are ranked 614 67-5-17 and even if we win we dont rank up... so this has been the 1st really bad match since i tried to offset what players i have in. i try and use only 1-10, 3-4 9s and s,7s,7s ect. it has worked well up until today. id really like to know what SWC is doing to fix this? and that the other thing. if my team is matched within 2 hours or less we get screwed, but if its 3-5 we fine, and 6 hours plus we get screwed, something has to give

ScoAT
Storm Trooper

Post#84 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 am

hi guys, please see the topic ... and my last comment there, maybe it is usefull for you :)
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054&p=76939#p76939

but in shorts, why we are facing such unfair matching is the algorytm Disney is using, they match based on WPABS, and if much is not found after some time, range is extend.
WPAM = Average medals of 15 member war party
WPBS = Average Base Score (base strength) of 15 member war party
WPABS = Average Adjusted Base Score of 15 member war party [WPABS = (WPAM*0.00004 + 0.99)*WPBS]

ZephyrExpress
Cadet Trooper

Post#85 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Does anyone know if the matchmaking process has changed in the last few weeks?

We have been having 2-3 wars a week for over 2 years now, and in the last few weeks the matchmaking has gotten absolutely ridiculous. It used to take between a few minutes to a few hours at most to get a match after I initiated it. Most were somewhat fair, some a little in our favor, some favoring our opponents, but it was workable. We won some, we lost some. Now, matchmaking takes anywhere from 2 hours to 18 hours to get a match and we are getting killed.

We have 1 level 10, 2 level 9s, 5 level 8s, and the 7 others in our wars typically range anywhere from level 3-7. Our opponents for the last 3-4 weeks have had 3-5 level 10s and 3-5 level 9s every time. If Takodana is in the war, its been over in the first hour before most of my players have even logged in and made their first attack. A few of my officers are barely playing now since it has become so lop-sided. We are a casual play at your own pace squad, no line app or coordinated simultaneous attacks. And that has suited us just fine.

So are we just unlucky lately, or has there been a change to matchmaking? It seems changed to me and is definitely taking way longer to get a match (also causing start times to be in the middle of the night which isn't helping either).

Thanks in advance. My first post, long time lurker!
Level 9 Rebel Player
Leader of the Squad "Kenobi's_Padawan"

DeathStriker

Post#86 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:23 pm

ZephyrExpress wrote:Does anyone know if the matchmaking process has changed in the last few weeks?

We have 1 level 10, 2 level 9s, 5 level 8s, and the 7 others in our wars typically range anywhere from level 3-7. We are a casual play at your own pace squad, no line app or coordinated simultaneous attacks. And that has suited us just fine.

ZephyrExpress - Welcome to the Forum :D

Matchmaking has not changed. What has changed is the Squad Population "Landscape". Where there use to be lots of Squads and lots of Players in the past, the recent "trend" is more Squads with "fewer Players" (as indicated by my Charts found here).

This means that some Squads are unable to initiate Matchmaking due to "numbers" and so the end result being there are "less Squads" available to be Matched with and of those that are available only Veteran Squads filled with Level 10's, 9's and 8's mostly fill the available Matchmaking Pool.

Since the Squad Wars Matchmaking Algorithm tries to Match Squads "fairly" it is now taking longer and longer to do so and when the system finally does decide to Match Squads it simply gives up and Matches two that have been waiting the longest.

See Game Developer Comments about Squad War Matchmaking here.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ZephyrExpress
Cadet Trooper

Post#87 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
ZephyrExpress wrote:Does anyone know if the matchmaking process has changed in the last few weeks?

We have 1 level 10, 2 level 9s, 5 level 8s, and the 7 others in our wars typically range anywhere from level 3-7. We are a casual play at your own pace squad, no line app or coordinated simultaneous attacks. And that has suited us just fine.

ZephyrExpress - Welcome to the Forum :D

Matchmaking has not changed. What has changed is the Squad Population "Landscape". Where there use to be lots of Squads and lots of Players in the past, the recent "trend" is more Squads with "fewer Players" (as indicated by my Charts found here).

This means that some Squads are unable to initiate Matchmaking due to "numbers" and so the end result being there are "less Squads" available to be Matched with and of those that are available only Veteran Squads filled with Level 10's, 9's and 8's mostly fill the available Matchmaking Pool.

Since the Squad Wars Matchmaking Algorithm tries to Match Squads "fairly" it is now taking longer and longer to do so and when the system finally does decide to Match Squads it simply gives up and Matches two that have been waiting the longest.

See Game Developer Comments about Squad War Matchmaking here.

Thank you, DeathStriker! That explains a lot. There are less squads out there with 15 players in them available for match ups. Another trend I have noticed recently is the squads with veteran players often include 4 or 5 level 3 throw away bases just to make their base score average lower. We see 3-5 10s, 3-5 9s, and then 4 or 5 3s with generic names that don't use their attacks. It's amazing the things people will do just to win a game and avoid a fair match!
Level 9 Rebel Player
Leader of the Squad "Kenobi's_Padawan"

spootieho
Captain

Post#88 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Current war:

Our team:
4 HQ10, 3 HQ9, 3 HQ8, 3HQ7, 1 HQ6

Other team:
8 HQ10, 1 HQ9, 1 HQ8

-------------

That's pretty ridiculous. I think it actually harms Disney and SW Commander to allow such match-ups to happen. The lower level players can't really contribute much to the war. People new to the wars will see it and lose interest in warring altogether. Yes, certainly, they can be assigned outposts, but really, those outposts would only be attack-able at low levels for people new to the wars.

On the other hand, I think I'd rather be matched than not. If this is our only possible choice, then I think I have to accept it.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”