Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
spootieho
Captain

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#71 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:42 am

mkenobi wrote: I keep my opinion about a Tie being unfair, if there is a Tie then both won, and both deserve the win crate.

I would agree, but if that's the case then the first team to get 45 wouldn't worry about keeping the outposts. Really, there should be a tie breaker criteria.

The match making this year that I've seen has been pretty bad, except for our last fight. It was surprisingly even on our last fight (which we lost).

XitLiteNtrNite
Captain

Post#72 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 am

mkenobi wrote:And the Reward for a Tie, now is called Stalemate. But both Squads still go for the Draw, and the reward for my Rebel level 9 account in our last Draw was a miserable 50k credits, a few frags for Armory Structures and 4x frags for AT-RT.

I agree Devs need to adjust the matchmaking to mirror the strenght of the players for both squads, but they need to give a better reward for the Tie if they don't go to nerf Takodana. I keep my opinion about a Tie being unfair, if there is a Tie then both won, and both deserve the win crate.

We will be getting our 2nd 45-45 tie in our last three wars (won the other). In both wars, Dandoran and Takadona were in play, which helps the Rebs a bit more than my squad (we are Imps). The rewards will once again be...disappointing.
Paper Tiger

TwoEyedNic
Squadron Leader

Post#73 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:55 pm

TwoEyedNic wrote:We just got match in 5 minutes against party like chewie. They have 13 tens and 2 nines.

We have 2 tens, 2 nines, 1 eight, and the rest lvl 7 or lower. We have zero chance. What fun! Great matchup

This issue is killing my squad, and all of our desire to play.

So what factor(s) go into a squad war?

ImperialPirates ave war base strength = 1,747
PartyLikeChewie ave war base strength = 2,863

Yeah yeah great honor being stomped by max 10's in 10 minutes :roll: Am i expected to believe this was the best match up we could get? I mean it obviously sucked for us but did the peeps at PLC really enjoy stomping lvl 7's?

What do i do? Are there no mid level Rebel squads left or what?
Terrible Two - Leader of the ImperialPirates

Level 43

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#74 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:25 pm

TwoEyedNic wrote:
TwoEyedNic wrote:We just got match in 5 minutes against party like chewie. They have 13 tens and 2 nines.

We have 2 tens, 2 nines, 1 eight, and the rest lvl 7 or lower. We have zero chance. What fun! Great matchup

Yeah yeah great honor being stomped by max 10's in 10 minutes :roll: Am i expected to believe this was the best match up we could get? I mean it obviously sucked for us but did the peeps at PLC really enjoy stomping lvl 7's?

OMG that is such a bad match-up. Totally unfair. I'd rather not get a match than be so mismatched. There should be a limit on the delta between squads for matchmaking.
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

Pirate
Major General

Post#75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:05 pm

TwoEyedNic wrote:

Yeah, that is a crazy bad match. How long did your MM take? Matchups like this aren't good for anyone.

Some squads are open to doing handicapped matches (you could keep some or all of the outposts) if you are able to contact them. It might be too late but I think they are mostly on GroupMe.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

ScoAT
Storm Trooper

Post#76 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 am

guys, how to calculate war base strength?

TwoEyedNic
Squadron Leader

Post#77 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm

ScoAT wrote:guys, how to calculate war base strength?

I go to KSOD site and it provides much info.

Level 43

TwoEyedNic
Squadron Leader

Post#78 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Pirate wrote:
TwoEyedNic wrote:

Yeah, that is a crazy bad match. How long did your MM take? Matchups like this aren't good for anyone.

Some squads are open to doing handicapped matches (you could keep some or all of the outposts) if you are able to contact them. It might be too late but I think they are mostly on GroupMe.

The match making took 5 minutes. It was really quick.

Level 43

TwoEyedNic
Squadron Leader

Post#79 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:23 pm

So an update on next war:

PartyLikeChewie obviously beat us.

So i took all 10s out of war and ran (1) 9. I got the war base average down to 1,395 which we then were paired against Dutch-Squad with base ave = 1,695. It appears so far to be a much better match.

Just wanted to report that they are not ALL bad.

Level 43

JDD
Major General

Post#80 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 pm

If yer think getting matched against PLChewie was bad, wait till it's PLHavoc. I bet all Top Squads take no pleasure at all being matched against cupcakes as most of their squaddies already maxed out the classic frags. Find out when these top guns band together fer War & fer goodness sake don't punch the Start button at those hours. Good luck & may the well coordinated squad wins.....or at least max tie. ;)

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”