Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Boog
Admiral

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#51 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:02 pm

We created a second squad for wars. Only 15 move in for the matchmaking to keep our medal count as low as possible. Our matches have been fair that way. With level 8's and lower, i think our worst draw had six 10's. In our last war, we faced only nines and lower. And the squads we're getting aren't top 200 squads that know what they're doing, which has been good. If we sent the same group to war in the main squad, we'd face a top 200 squad with 10+ level 10's.

Marsh
Commander

Post#52 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:49 pm

What time do you start matchmaking? Sometimes that makes a difference. How long till you get a match? It is frustrating when you get a match and see all lvl 10 bases.

KTOWN
Commander

Post#53 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Marsh wrote:What time do you start matchmaking? Sometimes that makes a difference. How long till you get a match? It is frustrating when you get a match and see all lvl 10 bases.

I've tried to mix it up. Sometimes around noon, sometimes more mid afternoon, and then early evening. Every time we get matched in seconds. Every time its against a squad much stronger than ours with 12 or more lvl 10s.

Its beyond frustrating at this point. I've never played a game where so many of us want to play, obviously are fans, but feel like we're being pushed away. Its like the games trying to tell us its time to hang it up and move on. :(

Centaur
Captain

Post#54 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:32 pm

KTOWN wrote:So is anyone getting even matchups? If so, I'm curious what your squad looks like. Mostly 10s? A good mix of lvl'd bases? Mine is 3 10s, then a good mix of 9s, 8s, and 7s. I just wonder if there are any squads still out there like ours doing wars anymore, or did they all give up/join forces with other 10s. Or is it mostly these high level squads with mostly high lvl 10s?

Hi KTown. We're getting more even squad war matchups. But, it has taken a lot of trial and error and I still don't think we fully understand how it's working. We consist of a couple 10s, a bunch of 9s, and a couple 8s, 7s, and 6s. What we've done has been to oberve that when our total number of medals for the squad members chosen for a war is over 100k, we are almost immediately matched-up with an all lvl10 ranked 200 or better squad. If we keep our total medal count under 100k, then matchups take a few hours or more, but, tend to be a more even match. One wrinkle we've observed to that is when we have tried to add another of our lvl 10 players. Even if we keep our total medal count under 100k, for some reason, that extra lvl 10 throws us over some threshold and we're back to fighting all lvl10 players in a squad ranked 200 or better. I'm thinking that in that case, our lvl 10 players have too many medals among themselves and that's the threshold that's being tripped. But, this is all speculation. The only thing I've been able to repeat is a consistent lineup with only two of our lvl 10s and a total medal count for all our members participating in the squad war of under 100k. I imagine this is not very helpful, but, I figured I'd attempt to answer your question. Good luck out there.
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

drogheda
Storm Trooper

Post#55 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 pm

I always count ( Sum(BaseSterngth) + Sum(Medals) /15) for both squads in war and difference is something about +/- 10%. This count works for my imperial squad at every matchmaking. But in case of rebel squad it works worse because of small amount of rebel squads

FalkenXIV
Squadron Leader

Post#56 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 am

Last War we (my Squad) had one 10, one 9, one 8, three 7s... We were put up against a Squad with five lvl 9 Bases! Count them FIVE LVL 9 BASES! The rest of the Squad was lvl 8, 7, and a couple 6s. How was that Fair? We only won because they forgot to attack I guess? Still, I am getting really sick of this!
~ In-Game Name: Falken ~ Leader of ItsaTrap Imperial Squad ~

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#57 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:33 am

Your best option in a bad war matchup is to reach out to the other side typically through Line or FB and negotiate how the outposts will be used and which units can be used to attack and defend. Many high level squads are honorable, want a challenge and will let the underdog keep the outposts at the very least. This is a social game and it can’t hurt to ask the other side.

Boog
Admiral

Post#58 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 am

Five nines sounds totally fair to me. Your 10 should easily wipe three of them, and the nine can clean up the other two. That's not a mismatch at all. I think most of the people in this thread (and elsewhere) who've run into horrible matchmaking would kill for that.

Personally, I hate the BS of arranging charity before a war that is a huge mismatch. I've been on the losing end of plenty, and I would much prefer the squad with 13 level 10's to take and defend outposts and wipe our side out in 15 minutes. It's patronizing to have them ignore the outposts, and maybe take a few extra attacks wiping us out over a longer period of time. It's like a cat playing with a mouse. Just kill us and get it over with.

FalkenXIV
Squadron Leader

Post#59 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 am

Alright, we had:
4 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 9 10

And they had:
4 5 5 5 6 7 7 7 8 8 9 9 9 9 9

I do not see how that is fair. Sure, we had a 10 that could take out 2-3 of the 9s, a 9 that could do the same, but they had 15 attacks at lvl 9 alone! They could have used their top five to end the war by themselves without having to use any of their 8s or even 7s!
~ In-Game Name: Falken ~ Leader of ItsaTrap Imperial Squad ~

Pirate
Major General

Post#60 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 am

FalkenXIV wrote:How was that Fair? We only won because they forgot to attack I guess?

Yeah, that actually seems pretty fair. And the fact that you won means that it was definitely fair.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”