Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
XianLewis
Commodore

Re: Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

Post#41 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Pirate wrote:
KTOWN wrote:JediJumpCrew(us)
-3 level 10s, 2 level 9s, 2 level 8s, 6 level 7s, 1 level 6, and a level 3.

I know it is frustrating but you are in a really tough state for matchmaking. It's likely that your 3 lvl10 bases make you susceptible to the highest matchmaking pool but you don't have a lot of firepower outside of your top 5 bases.

Have you tried leaving the 10's out of matchmaking, see if you can get something more similar to your own level bases?

Really the only way to get somewhat consistent matching is to roll with lots of lvl10's.

We have tried leaving out our level 10s. Then we were matched with level 10s and had no weapons against them.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#42 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:There's a thread for posting matchmaking data. I suggest you post your matchmaking data there.

Here's the link:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054

Data helps. Complaints without data can be criticised as whining.

I posted a couple of our matchups which proved that the matchmaking was lopsided:

http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.ph ... rce#p63247

It's worse now!
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

spootieho
Commodore

Post#43 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 pm

KTOWN wrote:
spootieho wrote:
Thxskullsrock wrote:We have even created a new squad now to see if we can tweek the line up and get a good match.
Did not work!!

I am not looking for a walk over. Just a fair match.
Just pissing in the wind here.

My latest idea is to start a new squad with minimum level players to see if that will work.

This is just hearsay. I don't know how true it is.

Someone in my previous squad said that the match making is mostly determined by total medal count. Think of medal counts putting you in tiers. Then it tries to find a team in that tier. If it can't, it might expand to another tier.

Your new idea might work out if there's truth to the theory.

Although I've wondered if medals apply to how matchmaking is done, I'm almost positive that can't be the case. Just look at my squad's(JediJumpCrew) current matchup vs ORDEN66. They have as a squad 894,339 medals, to our 155,475. Not EVEN close! Even if we just account for the 15 that are in the actual war, their top guy(and leader) has 137,000+ medals. Our top 3 players(including myself) have a combined 95,000, and then no one even close to that on our side. Medals are WAY out of wack in this matchup. Bottom line, it shouldn't happen, and I'm seriously losing interest in the game overall. Wars are such a huge part of this game, but when they're this uneven, it just brings everyone down and makes us not want to bother anymore.

Why the game can't just go off of overall HQ level is beyond me. Make a basic score of 150 as the max(15 lvl 10 players) and 45 as the lowest(15 lvl 3 players). Then you match em up as close as possible. Might not be perfect, but it would be a hell of a lot better than whatever they're doing now. Also, I've said it before, but take away the option to be matched with your own faction or not. Just match up squads as evenly as possible, whether its against the opposite faction or not. I would think I speak for most players, that I wouldn't mind waiting for a match, rather than being put into these unwinnable wars instantly.

The theory could still possibly work if medal counts put you in a tier. The less amount of tiers there are, the more unbalanced it would seem. I am making up numbers here, but 100,000+ might put you in the top tier.

I've only glanced on the above link by DS, which may explain everything or things may have changed since...
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#44 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm sorry, I don't believe anything that the devs or support say. These are the same clowns that can't fill a crate properly, and have to fall back on the position that 'guaranteed' really means 'guaranteed chance'. I doubt anyone knows the real answer about how squad wars matchmaking works.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#45 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Boog wrote:I'm sorry, I don't believe anything that the devs or support say. These are the same clowns that can't fill a crate properly, and have to fall back on the position that 'guaranteed' really means 'guaranteed chance'. I doubt anyone knows the real answer about how squad wars matchmaking works.

Yeah, some of the stuff is very JV.

The mismatch on conflict rewards that occasionally happens from screen to screen, for example.

I just ended the Tat conflict at 1.76%. I only got the Obsidian crate instead of the Ultra Chrome. I understand all the excuses that can be made such as server caching... That said, the end users shouldn't have to deal with that. If anything they should err in the user's favor rather than upset the users.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

DarthHawaii
Cadet Trooper

Post#46 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 pm

The matchups are terrible. I would like to know how it is configured. As am imperial squad, it makes no sense that I get matched against a top 50 rebel squad every time and my squad isn’t even ranked. We go in with 2 10’s, 4 9’s and get matched against 8+ L10 and rest 9’s and 8’s. I carry L5, L6 and L7 bases all the time. It is like, from reading here, the algorithm seems to keep all the Wars lopsided regardless. Some favor Legion, some favor Empire. Since I’m not ranked, I get outmatched every time.

erfs
Commodore

Post#47 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:33 am

Dunno, at least for my squad, match making has been pretty OK.

I can actually see a difference in terms of opponents if we include several level 3 and 4 vs. starting at level 6.
-> Also keep telling the other officers that it's better to include an inactive level 3 than an inactive level 8 :)

That is not to say that we have not been matched up against hard core squads from time to time but on average it seems to work out OK.

Also note - this has probably been said already - I would guess that base score is more important than level, so a fully built out level 7 base may equal a not-so fully built out level 10 base.

Swad
Major General

Post#48 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 am

Yes matchmaking is still lousy. The strange thing now is that the chat seems to have been fixed but we cannot gut a match, not even the usual mismatch.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

KTOWN
Commander

Post#49 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 am

So is anyone getting even matchups? If so, I'm curious what your squad looks like. Mostly 10s? A good mix of lvl'd bases? Mine is 3 10s, then a good mix of 9s, 8s, and 7s. I just wonder if there are any squads still out there like ours doing wars anymore, or did they all give up/join forces with other 10s. Or is it mostly these high level squads with mostly high lvl 10s?

Swad
Major General

Post#50 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Same sort of set up as you Ktown. We have 3 lev10s in the squad, then 9s down to 7s. We never put the same war party in, with and without lev10s. On only one occasion in last 6 months have we been matched by a reb squad of equal or less than us. I am basing that on hq level. If we put in one lev10 we are usually matched with 4 or 5 tens and so on.
It would be nice for the guys to fight bases of the same level rather than always being outgunned.
I know some people say they always win against the big guys due to OPs and how fantastic and god like they are, but this is a game. War mismatches create constant bad feeling. We carry on, in the hope it will improve.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”