Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

Post#31 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 am

Swad wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Swad wrote:My Imp squad that we have set up to train new players for war has just finished a monster mis match. We had lev 3s and 4s with a couple of lev 5 s.
Reb war party had a lev 10, mainly 9s and 8s and a few sevens and below.
We had no chance but gave it our best shot. The rebs were decent though and only beat us by a single point rather than a quick massacre.
Mismatches do occur for both factions.

Beat by a single point is not a mismatch. 45:0 is.
HQ level is overated.
Skills and team organization are much more important.

You misunderstand DarkRebel.
It was indeed a mismatch. I think we got about 21 points. The rebs could have easily got 45, but stopped attacking at 22 points. In my view they were being fair to our tiny team.

okay, my mistake then.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#32 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm thinking something has changed. Before January my squad would match almost instantly. Since start of Jan I have tried matchmaking a few times and left for an hour with no match. Last Sunday I tried matchmaking at an earlier time than normal, and it matched after an hour but against a very high ranked squad with 13 10's and 2 9's. They wiped us out instantly. Last night I tried matchmaking again to no avail. Will try again tonight.
Main Account: Bacon (level 9). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Squad - NewSithEmpire
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - AUS-Darth_Gump

DeathStriker

Post#33 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:32 pm

sgu97cab wrote:I'm thinking something has changed. Before January my squad would match almost instantly. Since start of Jan I have tried matchmaking a few times and left for an hour with no match. Last Sunday I tried matchmaking at an earlier time than normal, and it matched after an hour but against a very high ranked squad with 13 10's and 2 9's. They wiped us out instantly. Last night I tried matchmaking again to no avail. Will try again tonight.

sgu97cab - you are not alone in your "matchmaking experience".

Back in early November 2017, I started a Related Topic: Squad Wars Matchmaking Takes Too Long.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

spootieho
Captain

Post#34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 pm

DarkRebel wrote:HQ level is overated.

It's very difficult for HQ6s to participate when they only have HQ10s to attack. Especially so when one team has all of their HQ10s are all buffed out and well organized and half of the other team isn't HQ10. Not venting or anything. A match is a match. A good hard challenge can be rewarding. Based on what I've seen, the matchmaking can't possibly have much intelligence at all.

And yes, I've even seen an HQ4 wipe some HQ10s. That's rare, though, and an exception to the rule. HQ level is a big factor.

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Post#35 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Thxskullsrock wrote:I have to agree.
My squad has an average war record win some lose some.
However we have been getting some horrible match ups recently. We are getting creamed every war match making takes only a few minutes and we are out gunned every time.
Last war (still ongoing) we faced a squad of maxed players.
It is at a point now that it has killed the squad spirit.
It's not fun getting rolled over every war.

We have even created a new squad now to see if we can tweek the line up and get a good match.
Did not work!!

I am not looking for a walk over. Just a fair match.
Just pissing in the wind here.

My latest idea is to start a new squad with minimum level players to see if that will work.
It's a good way to waste time!!
:shock:

DeathStriker

Post#36 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Thxskullsrock wrote:My latest idea is to start a new squad with minimum level players to see if that will work.

Theoretically - You can have a Squad War Party of nothing but HQ 3's.

SQUAD WAR TEST: If someone could create a Squad with nothing but HQ 3's and Pick / Initate a War - it would be interesting to see both - IF - and - HOW LONG - it would take to find a "Match" and if a match was found what was a all HQ 3 Squad War Party matched with.

Posting here or another Squad War Matchmaking Topic would be nice.

spootieho
Captain

Post#37 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Thxskullsrock wrote:We have even created a new squad now to see if we can tweek the line up and get a good match.
Did not work!!

My latest idea is to start a new squad with minimum level players to see if that will work.

This is just hearsay. I don't know how true it is.

Someone in my previous squad said that the match making is mostly determined by total medal count. Think of medal counts putting you in tiers. Then it tries to find a team in that tier. If it can't, it might expand to another tier.

Your new idea might work out if there's truth to the theory.

KTOWN
Commander

Post#38 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm

spootieho wrote:
Thxskullsrock wrote:We have even created a new squad now to see if we can tweek the line up and get a good match.
Did not work!!

This is just hearsay. I don't know how true it is.

Someone in my previous squad said that the match making is mostly determined by total medal count. Think of medal counts putting you in tiers. Then it tries to find a team in that tier. If it can't, it might expand to another tier.

Your new idea might work out if there's truth to the theory.

Although I've wondered if medals apply to how matchmaking is done, I'm almost positive that can't be the case. Just look at my squad's(JediJumpCrew) current matchup vs ORDEN66. They have as a squad 894,339 medals, to our 155,475. Not EVEN close! Even if we just account for the 15 that are in the actual war, their top guy(and leader) has 137,000+ medals. Our top 3 players(including myself) have a combined 95,000, and then no one even close to that on our side. Medals are WAY out of wack in this matchup. Bottom line, it shouldn't happen, and I'm seriously losing interest in the game overall. Wars are such a huge part of this game, but when they're this uneven, it just brings everyone down and makes us not want to bother anymore.

Why the game can't just go off of overall HQ level is beyond me. Make a basic score of 150 as the max(15 lvl 10 players) and 45 as the lowest(15 lvl 3 players). Then you match em up as close as possible. Might not be perfect, but it would be a hell of a lot better than whatever they're doing now. Also, I've said it before, but take away the option to be matched with your own faction or not. Just match up squads as evenly as possible, whether its against the opposite faction or not. I would think I speak for most players, that I wouldn't mind waiting for a match, rather than being put into these unwinnable wars instantly.

DeathStriker

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#39 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm

INFO: Developer Explains Squad War Matchmaking

Everyone should read my Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Game Developer Explains Matchmaking

Adding to this Thread...

Auron

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

Post#40 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 am

Ya the match making is ridiculous at the moment. Eg our last war we lost 45-3 after being paired with all hq 10's while we had 2 hq10 3hq9 3hq8 1hq7 and 7hq6.
Its an absolute joke. Disney needs to do something about this its utterly and completely unfair and will simpl drive players away from the game.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”