Squad War Matchmaking Worse Than Ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
TheShadow
Squadron Leader

Re: Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

Post#21 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 am

Hi all,
We are a squad still learning many facets of the game, but have a pretty decent win ratio and guys up for the battle. I have no problems with us coming up against imp squads with many L10s (true L10s and not fake L8s) to our 3,which has happened a couple of times recently. That is a good test for a squad to prove itself. It’s just for once we would like it to be when we get Tako and/or Dandoran available rather than Tatt. Then you will see a proper Imp takedown !!

Mark
Galaxy_of_Heroes
The Shadow
Galaxy_of_Heroes
LINE: mark_galaxyofheroes
We war Thu : highest most active levels / Sat: 1 L10 max for fairer matchups for L4-9
Always looking for experienced guys to learn from...so if bored come join us and show us a few tricks!

TheShadow
Squadron Leader

Post#22 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Okay so somehow we just got matched with FranceN7. They consist of 14 L10 and 1 L9. We are 3 L10, 5 L9, 2 L8, 3 L7, 1 L6 and 1 L4 and our strongest base rates about 8th on strength in their squad and our 3rd strongest would be their weakest base strength.

Once again, no Tako when fighting a stronger Imp base..not that it would be a game changer here...

Mark
Galaxy_of_Heroes
The Shadow
Galaxy_of_Heroes
LINE: mark_galaxyofheroes
We war Thu : highest most active levels / Sat: 1 L10 max for fairer matchups for L4-9
Always looking for experienced guys to learn from...so if bored come join us and show us a few tricks!

Swad
Major General

Post#23 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm

My Imp squad that we have set up to train new players for war has just finished a monster mis match. We had lev 3s and 4s with a couple of lev 5 s.
Reb war party had a lev 10, mainly 9s and 8s and a few sevens and below.
We had no chance but gave it our best shot. The rebs were decent though and only beat us by a single point rather than a quick massacre.
Mismatches do occur for both factions.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

TwoEyedNic
Commander

Post#24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Yup we were matched in 10 minutes against a rebel squad of (8) 10s and (7) 9s. We have (1) 10, (4) 9s, and the rest 7 thru 4. Mostly 6s. Why even war? The new troop stinks too so nor war, no grinding for useless speeder....no game(?)
Terrible Two - Leader of the ImperialPirates

Level 43

PSY
Cadet Trooper

Post#25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm

My imperial squad, THE⭐DARK⭐ORDER has the opposite problem. We are ranked 1249 and dropping down because we only get matched against lower ranking squads. Our squad is lvl41, about 7 months old. We have 2 lvl 10s a 9, 2 8s 7s, 6s and 5s. We win every war but need a bit more of a challenge!

KTOWN
Commander

Post#26 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 am

Since my last update, which granted was in November, the matchmaking seems to be back to being god awful. My squad is getting matched with top tier squads that have almost all 10s again. It makes me wonder if they actually fixed anything, or things just kind of "evened out", and we were getting lucky with better matchups.

I said it before, and say what you will about GR snipers(for us rebels), but completely uneven squad war matchmaking will kill this game. It kills the excitement and moral of my squad, and it makes things boring for the other squad(no challenge). Why is this so hard to fix?

Edit: PSY, we'd love to be matched up with you guys. Yours sounds much closer to what we're throwing out there. Which is really frustrating. There are even matchups out there, but the game seems to favor matching squads up quick as it can, over finding actual even wars.

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Post#27 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 am

I have to agree.
My squad has an average war record win some lose some.
However we have been getting some horrible match ups recently. We are getting creamed every war match making takes only a few minutes and we are out gunned every time.
Last war (still ongoing) we faced a squad of maxed players.
It is at a point now that it has killed the squad spirit.
It's not fun getting rolled over every war.
It's a good way to waste time!!
:shock:

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 am

Slow or fast, it doesn't matter, my squad just gets really lopsided matchups.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#29 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 am

Swad wrote:My Imp squad that we have set up to train new players for war has just finished a monster mis match. We had lev 3s and 4s with a couple of lev 5 s.
We had no chance but gave it our best shot. The rebs were decent though and only beat us by a single point rather than a quick massacre.

Beat by a single point is not a mismatch. 45:0 is.
HQ level is overated.
Skills and team organization are much more important.

Swad
Major General

Post#30 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Swad wrote:My Imp squad that we have set up to train new players for war has just finished a monster mis match. We had lev 3s and 4s with a couple of lev 5 s.

Beat by a single point is not a mismatch. 45:0 is.
HQ level is overated.
Skills and team organization are much more important.

You misunderstand DarkRebel.
It was indeed a mismatch. I think we got about 21 points. The rebs could have easily got 45, but stopped attacking at 22 points. In my view they were being fair to our tiny team.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”