Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
KTOWN
Commander

Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

Post#1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Its been happening for quite a while in my rebel squad, JediJumpCrew. We're being matched with imperial squads significantly higher ranked than we are, and I just can't understand why. At first I thought perhaps if he took out a few of our higher level players it'd even things out. It didn't. Well screw it then, I added all our best players, and its worse than ever! We've lost 6 in a row, and in ever matchup the other squad has a sizable advantage in overall base level than us.

Take the most recent matchup for us. AoW_WD, imperial squad, ranked 44 overall, 13 level 10s, and 2 level 9s to round it out in his war. Most their members have extremely high medals. We're talkin 80K or more.

Take my squad now. JediJumpCrew, ranked 1051. 3 level 10s(I myself JUST became a lvl 10, so more a glorified 9), 2 actual level 9s, 2 level 8s, 6 level 7s, 1 level 6, and a level 3 for good measure... Our highest medal count is 35K, and then the next highest is in the mid 20Ks.

And this isn't a rare occasion, its EVERY war for us now! We've gone against all level 10s even.

So the question is, are we alone in this? Have we just been unlucky for upwards of 2 MONTHS? I could understand and accept if this was a "once in a while" thing, but its not. It feels like we're just being sacrificed to these ridiculously higher ranked squads. We do our best, and have tied a few times, but Its extremely frustrating at this point, and I speak for most of us in the squad, that its getting to the point that squad wars is a complete waste of time. Which of course wars were the saving grace of the game on the whole(with GR snipers and the like).

I've contacted customer support once before, and didn't get much of an answer. Just something to the effect "squad wars is meant as end game content, so you should expect many level 10 players"....which makes no sense to me. Considering level 3 is the minimum to join wars, and that we've had such good, even matchups in the past.

Centaur
Commander

Re: Squad war matchmaking worse than ever!

Post#2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm

I hear you, KTown. We're ranked 1,146. Just got matched with Back4TheAttack, ranked....30th. Not sure there's a point to squad warring if this is how it's going to work. We can't seem to catch a break.
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

Boog
Major General

Post#3 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:11 am

It is pretty standard; my squad has been going against higher level squads for months. We were able to beat them consistently until recently, when we've been drawing not only higher level squads but experienced war squads. There is really no chance to beat these squads; maybe you can tie if you have tako (or tako/dando), but that's all you're looking for. There's just nowhere to hide when big level X's who know what they are doing are attacking level 8 bases. They don't even need the outposts (they shouldn't, lol).

Our worst matchup was going against 13 level X's and 2 level IX's, when we had one level IX, then 8's, 7's, and on down to level 3. And it was a good squad, top 100 ranked.

Our squad just hit perk level 40, and that is when the matchups became completely lopsided. I think the perk level has more to do with it than anything. You get to 40, and they throw you in the deep end. When we were level 15, and our squad make-up wasn't that different, we drew very, very similar war parties. They sucked, mind you, but base for base, level for level, they were remarkably close.

JDD
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Aye, it's very bad. From my recent experience tramping across the Galaxy, I've seen many Rebel squads matched against extremely heavy duty Imps. I guess the same applies fer the Imps as well. The only & slim chance these underdogs have tae max tie is that Tako's up fer grabs very often. If it's not, then take the opportunity tae practise coordinations & try new loadouts. Good luck tae all!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 am

There's a thread for posting matchmaking data. I suggest you post your matchmaking data there.

Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054

Data helps. Complaints without data can be criticised as whining.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Centaur
Commander

Post#6 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

I hear you Obiwan. How does one calculate base score?

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Centaur wrote:I hear you Obiwan. How does one calculate base score?

Centaur - Go to KSoD Squad Ranking Website - then search for your Squad - then click on Members - then find your name - look in Base Strength Column for your answer.

Never been in a Squad War? - Then look here.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Centaur
Commander

Post#8 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks, DeathStriker.

KTOWN
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm sorry guys, but Im not going through all that data thats being asked for in that thread. For starters, I dont have all of it. Lost a few members after this last war. One of which was my top guy. He's fed up with this game. GR snipers and these horrible war matchups have made the game purely frustrating, instead of fun for him.

I did share some key info in THIS thread though. And I'll try to break it down a little better.

AoW_WD(them)
-13 level 10s, and 2 level 9s
-Base strength, almost all their level 10s have base scores in excess of 2,900.
-Medals, many in the 100Ks, 90Ks and 80Ks. VERY high medal counts over there.
-Ranked 44 overall in SWC squad ranking(at the time).
-Ranked 104 on kosd website.

JediJumpCrew(us)
-3 level 10s, 2 level 9s, 2 level 8s, 6 level 7s, 1 level 6, and a level 3.
-Base strength, our top guy was in the 2,800s. Next few at about 2,700, 2,600 and 2,500s. After that, its a pretty big dip.
-Medals, our top guy had 35K, then mid and low 20Ks. Again, pretty big dip after that.
-Ranked 1051 in SWC squad rankng(at the time).
-Ranked 679 on ksod website.

Matchmaking took a minute, if even that.

Obviously not every war we've been in has been this bad(there's been a few though), but this is pretty much what we've gotten for about a 2 months now. Squads significantly higher ranked than ours, and has us clearly outgunned with higher level, and more developed bases.
Thats all you really should need to see that THIS matchup should not happen, ever. And that there is clearly something going wrong with matchmaking, that needs to be fixed.

This is the kind of thing that will absolutely kill this game. Its not like these wars last a couple hours. We're locked into this horse crap for 48 hours! People are just getting fed up. I personally have told our squad that we be giving wars a break in hopes they get this sorted out. Its just a waste of time at the moment.

Pirate
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 pm

KTOWN wrote:JediJumpCrew(us)
-3 level 10s, 2 level 9s, 2 level 8s, 6 level 7s, 1 level 6, and a level 3.

I know it is frustrating but you are in a really tough state for matchmaking. It's likely that your 3 lvl10 bases make you susceptible to the highest matchmaking pool but you don't have a lot of firepower outside of your top 5 bases.

Have you tried leaving the 10's out of matchmaking, see if you can get something more similar to your own level bases?

Really the only way to get somewhat consistent matching is to roll with lots of lvl10's.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”