Squad Wars Matchmaking Takes Too Long

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

Squad Wars Matchmaking Takes Too Long

Post#1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:04 pm

As a Member of Sons_of_Death I was use to picking / initiating a War and within 5 Minutes or Less we would see a MATCH and the War was on - Prep First - then War.

Well today I tried to pick / initiate a War in my own Squad - Death_Striker - and after waiting 30 minutes we cancelled 1st try and tried for a 2nd time.

30 more minutes and still NO WAR MATCH UP! :evil:

We cancelled 2nd attempt.

The game tells you that it will randomly match you sometime within 48 hours which means for U.S. Squads you could get matched at 3:00 AM in the morning with the War Starting in 24 hours at 3:00 AM in the morning (not good for most squads / players in U.S. Timezones).

Being able to pick the Start Time best for your Squad is better than just letting the Game / System pick the time by matching you when it find another Squad, a time / day when it is not convenient for all War Party Members due to RL Commitments.

AND SO... I will be trying again tomorrow, hopefully with better luck and a quicker Match...

Will report more when I have more...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Major General

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Takes Too Long

Post#2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:19 pm

It took us about 30 minutes last night. Then our squad with one 9, seven 8's, five 7's, a 6 and a 3 was paired with a top 100 rebel squad with 13 10's (several max bases) and two 9's. Awesome job, developers!

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Well, today, I tried again to get Death_Striker Squad a Squad War Match again and FAILED!

DS SQUAD WAR PARTY

• (5) HQ 10
  • (1) HQ 8
  • (4) HQ 7
  • (3) HQ 6
  • (2) HQ 5
Waited 1 hour and 30 minutes with no match!

That's 1 hour and 30 minutes with NO MATCH :shock: :o

I know the game says Matchmaking can take up to 48 hours - but - really Disney - you want me to wait and get matched at a time of your choosing like say 3:00 AM when most U.S. Players are sleeping or say 9:00 AM when most U.S. Players whom have Jobs are at work, or even on a day of your choosing??

We tried to get matched on Thursday or today, Friday, which would of made War Start on Friday or Saturday which for our European Members would mean a War on Saturday or Sunday.

We have two from England which can only be in War on Weekend.

⇨ BY COMPARISON: Sons_of_Death Squad (which DS Squad is related to) initated War also today 1 Hour after DS Squad and GOT MATCHED IMMEDIATELY!

So... I can only presume that there aren't many "Lower Level" Squad doing War... but again... match-ups don't bare that out... as I have seen Squads with similar War Parties as shown above matched with SOD...

To say I am disappointed and frustrated is putting it mildly...

Death_Striker Squad will try again at some point...

Boog
Major General

Post#4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Wish you'd drawn us, lol. Our same party waited an hour to draw a squad with 12x10's and 3x9's. Lol.

R2D2
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Matchmaking duration is relative to the levels of participants that are included in the war. It also depends on the levels of participants of opposing squads that initiate matchmaking at about the same time. When no opposing squad of equal level is available at the time of initiation, the first available squad that has been waiting the longest is matched. The imbalance in wars that sometimes incurs is compensation for not having to wait 48 hours for war preparation to begin.

JDD
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Try US central 5 p.m., DS.

JDD
Major General

Post#7 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 pm

I like tae stomp on cupcakes but my honourable squaddies prefer Wars with Top Imp squads & non OP ones tae boot if the base scores are almost equal. @ 5 pm US central, we usually get cupcakes almost immediately tae my liking. Can't say if me squaddies are complaining much now. ;) :lol:

JDD
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Maybe most wImps are too busy tae War. Scrubbing dev bases & waiting fer d wins against brave Rebs going at their Rodents infested base must be more fun than getting stomped on a level playing field. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkenobi
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:55 am

i'm noticing a massive loss of players for many squads, imperial and rebels. Many players are inactive for days. This Undead event is a crap. Just a few players are playing and the rest is just waiting for the next event to back to play.

More and more squads don't have enough members or they have too much inactive members and they don't want to risk, so there are less squads going to war currently.

Many squads are giving up of wars because the reward is poor and doesn't worth to play, and they are matched with stronger squads all the time because there are less squads with similar score available.

Less squads going to war, more time for matchmaking, more mismatches.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 am

mkenobi wrote:i'm noticing a massive loss of players for many squads, imperial and rebels. Many players are inactive for days. ... Less squads going to war, more time for matchmaking, more mismatches.

mkenobi - All valid points. It is my hope that my case is not becoming the "norm" and that Squad Wars become in the near future easier to get Matches and the matches are more aligned to both Squads (fewer Mismatches).

I will post again here when DS Squad makes another attempt...

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”