War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Swad
Major General

Re: War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

Post#11 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Still getting lousy matchups , but some are worse than others. In todays match we have put 2 lev10s then a mixture down to lev6.
Our reb enemy is 13 lev10s plus 8s. All of their tens have a higher base score than our best ten. They have dekas lev 35 upwards, even for their lower players.
I have always stated that it is hard for both factions.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Honestly, Squad War Matchmaking is a crapshoot. Plain and simple, every Squad has their own personal mixture of the three options; windshield, bug, or even.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

wedge
Commander

Post#13 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:Honestly, Squad War Matchmaking is a crapshoot. Plain and simple, every Squad has their own personal mixture of the three options; windshield, bug, or even.

unless you are a team of all max level 10s and the worse draw you can get is even

DeathStriker

Post#14 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:33 pm

FinrodFelagund wrote:Honestly, Squad War Matchmaking is a crapshoot. Plain and simple, every Squad has their own personal mixture of the three options; windshield, bug, or even.

Unless you are a team of all HQ 3's (game minimum) and the ONLY draw you can get is "bug" as "in getting squashed as" - LOL :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Triton999
Squadron Leader

Post#15 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks for the info RCM

EDIT:

How do you calculate Base Strength?

i know there is a formula somewhere but can't find it.

And yes FinrodFelagund, I'm convinced that it's just a crapshoot and you just get the next squad that is up next.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 am

Triton999 wrote:How do you calculate Base Strength?

i know there is a formula somewhere but can't find it.

Triton999 - Go to KSoD Squad Ranking Website - then search for your Squad - then click on Members - then find your name - look in Base Strength Column for your answer.

Never been in a Squad War? - Then look here.

Triton999
Squadron Leader

Post#17 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks DeathStriker

I went to KSod and added up all the base strengths of our team and the opponent:

We had 33,783 vs them with 42,452 total points. So they had 8.669 more.

That dose not sound that close of a match up to me.

So, adding a few more lower level players to our war team with very low strength points will help with finding better match ups? Anyone having better luck doing this?

Thanks!

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Triton999 wrote:Thanks DeathStriker

So, adding a few more lower level players to our war team with very low strength points will help with finding better match ups? Anyone having better luck doing this?

Thanks!

Triton999 - There is no "formula" for determining what your War Matchmaking will be. Adding a few "lower level" players - say HQ 3 (game minimum) - to your War Party may not change any "Mismatches" you may be seeing.

If you want "Lower Level War Matches" - say 4 Level 8's, 6 Level 7, 3 Level 6's, 2 Level 5's - or something similar, you need to pay attention to the "Upper Level Players" in your War Party (for example top Players are Level 8 or less) since these mostly determine whom you will be matched with (or at least it seems that way).

Good Luck in your next War...

Boog
Major General

Post#19 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Adding more lower level players may just make it that much harder. Try adding 15 max level 10's instead.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 am

Triton999 wrote:Thanks DeathStriker

I went to KSod and added up all the base strengths of our team and the opponent:

We had 33,783 vs them with 42,452 total points. So they had 8.669 more.

That dose not sound that close of a match up to me.

Thanks!

That's what I call a gross mismatch. Kenobi's Command had a long succession of those from April to August. I really think there should be a cap on base score disparity. If it's more than 5000 (where both sides have 10s), the match should not be allowed. I think that squad's without 10s should have a lower maximum discrepancy.

A discrepancy of 6000 or more is the equivalent of having 2 extra fully maxed bases on one side.

However, I can report that since the server upgrade in September, we've been in much fairer Wars. We wait much longer for the match, but I am completely fine with that. I would MUCH rather wait hours, than be instantly matched with all 10s.

In our last (Tako) War, we even had a higher total base score than our oppos!
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”