War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Triton999
Squadron Leader

War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Lately the squad wars have been way mismatched for us and I know others have commented on it here. We have had several wars back to back against squads with around 11 level 10's and 4 level 9's. While we have 4 level 10's a few 9 's, 7's and rest level 5 and 6.

So I decided to contact SWC about it and gave them info on the issues.

Here is there reply:

Hello Commander,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I can understand where you are coming from, and I'm sorry that you're running into these tougher opponents during Squad Wars. So the developers just made some significant changes to the matchmaking system to try and give players a more fair battle. We have noticed that many players are seeing these significantly harder opponents as a result, however please give it about a week or so and those battles should start evening out.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are always happy to help!

May the Force be with you,

Alannah
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

So maybe they are changing it? Or do you think it was just a stock answer and a feel good statement?

Not sure what they meant by "give it a week or so to even out"

Anyway, just wanted to share the reply.
Last edited by Triton999 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Plagueis
Admiral

Re: War matchmaking changes on the way?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Given the history of updates I would be very skeptical

Boog
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Yeah, this can only get worse.

Fatboy
Captain

Post#4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Our last 3 wars have been evenly matched

Won 1 and lost 2 by 1 point down to some players not using their attacks
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz

Hootenj
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Our latest matching is 2 level 10s, 6 level 9s, 2 level 8s, 4 level 7, and 1 level 6 matched against 15 level 10s. Yep, I guess they got it fixed. (sarcasm) This is pretty much what we get every time now.

Poene
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 am

I haven't seen any mismatches lately. Almost all our opponents have more or less the same amount of lvl 10s and 9s as we do.
Triton, if possible swap some lvl 9-10 guys with lvl 3-4 players. You might get better matches. I am under the impression that if you bring along like more than 7 lvl 9-10s you are suddenly encountering beast squads with tons of lvl 10s.

Triton999
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Well SWC dev's have not fixed anything and really didn't think they would. There is no way SWC uses any sort of criteria for match making, it's appears to be that you get who ever is next up regardless of what they are ranked or what levels any of the players are.

It's been a month since my original post here and we just entered a war.

We have:
6 level 10's (none are full 10's)
3 level 9's
4 level 8's
2 level 7's.

They have:
14 level 10's
1 level 9.

They are ranked in top 100
We are unranked.
They will get to attack down on 9 of our bases
Our level 10's will have to have a near perfect war.

We have only done 6 wars and only one was even close to our level.

If this is not fixed soon, I think i'm about done with this game!!!!!! :evil:

Seems SWC could just do simple math. Add up the levels and set a range that both sides have to be within.

Example of the above matchup;
Them: 14 level 10's = 140 and 1 level 9 = Total war squad with 149 level points
Us: 6 level 10's =60, 3 9's = 27, 4 8's = 32, 2 7's = 14 = Total war squad with 133 level points

149 - 133 = 16 base levels higher (not even close)

SWC could set the range to be closer, something like (within 5 levels of each other)

wedge
Commander

Post#8 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Triton999 wrote:Well SWC dev's have not fixed anything and really didn't think they would. There is no way SWC uses any sort of criteria for match making, it's appears to be that you get who ever is next up regardless of what they are ranked or what levels any of the players are.

It's been a month since my original post here and we just entered a war.

We have:
6 level 10's (none are full 10's)
3 level 9's
4 level 8's
2 level 7's.

They have:
14 level 10's
1 level 9.

They are ranked in top 100
We are unranked.
They will get to attack down on 9 of our bases
Our level 10's will have to have a near perfect war.

We have only done 6 wars and only one was even close to our level.

If this is not fixed soon, I think i'm about done with this game!!!!!! :evil:

Seems SWC could just do simple math. Add up the levels and set a range that both sides have to be within.

Example of the above matchup;
Them: 14 level 10's = 140 and 1 level 9 = Total war squad with 149 level points
Us: 6 level 10's =60, 3 9's = 27, 4 8's = 32, 2 7's = 14 = Total war squad with 133 level points

149 - 133 = 16 base levels higher (not even close)

SWC could set the range to be closer, something like (within 5 levels of each other)

sqauds like skeleton crew and PLV would hate that, no more baby seal clubbing.\ :lol: :lol:

Triton999
Squadron Leader

Re: War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

Post#9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 am

Wedge,

The way SWC does match making, I'm sure we will see Skeleton Crew soon!

RCM
Commodore

Re: War matchmaking changes on the way? NOPE!!!!

Post#10 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am

You need a large variance in your player's base-strength to get acceptable matchups. We have two >2900-level and >5 bases at six or lower. Too many zombie level threes and the matchmaking will skew too far and you will be matched with mostly tens again. IOW, you can't play six level 9s, 10s and the rest zombie level threes or the algo will match you will 10x10s.

The teams that get wrecked are the qty fifteen level-8 squads. They never have the ability to three anyone at 2960 unless they have tako.

Triton, you have bad matchups bc you have minimal var and rushed tens. We have seven active players and are 221/4. Every team we play has a much higher base-strength.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”