[SQUAD WARS] Using Naval Assault Units - Discussion Thread

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

[SQUAD WARS] Using Naval Assault Units - Discussion Thread

Post#1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:13 am

With the Release of Client Update to Version 4.13.0 we got Naval Assault Units as (as described here).

1. Each Faction got 1 New Unit and 2 New Armory Unit Skins all which deploy Starship Strikes.
  2. We know that when attacking War Bases on Sullust you can't use any Armory Buffs but you can use Armory Buffs when attacking Outposts.
  3. We know that when Yavin-4 Outpost is in play that Starfighters Deal Increased Damage (Buff: +150%)
INFO: Naval Assault Starship Strikes - Explained

When a Naval Assault Unit (as described here) is dropped it "summons" a second "phantom" unit which is invisible indestructible and linked to the first one (dies with it cannot go too far from it). This "phantom" unit independently searches for targets and shoots at them. When a target is hit by the invisible unit a air strike occurs.

Most of the time the Starship Strikes will appear at "random" but the phantom unit will shoot every 3.5s provided there is a target nearby.

Minimal Starship Strike Interval is 3.5s.

Schruaf wrote:Thanks DS. Perfect information!

One thing i am still curious about. How will this be in wars?
As the pilot is a unit and no skin it could be deployed in wars. How will he be affected by outposts?
Sure it is an infantrie unit and so will benift from Takondana and Dandoran outpost. But will the air strike be effected by this outposts too? Or will it be affected by Yavin?
Another possibility is the air strike wouldn't be affected by outposts after all.
But if it will...could be devastating.

So this leads to the following questions:

• Can the Rebel Alliance Starfighter Pilot or Empire Imperial Starfighter Pilot be effectively used on Sullust War Bases (as well as Outposts)?
  • Can the Rebel Armory Unit Skins for Millenium Falcon Support and Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter be useful in capturing Outposts?
  • Can the Empire Armory Unit Skins for Naval Officer and Rodian Recon Sniper be useful in capturing Outposts?
BOTTOM LINE:

For most the main question will be whether or not they even care to try to use these new units in War or simply use current "tried and true" methods.

Post any comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

darthdoodie
Commodore

Re: [SQUAD WARS] Using Naval Assault Units - Discussion Thread

Post#2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Ive played against buffed snipers in SC and they do some good damage, and used samples of buffed snipers and pilots in war (one with yavin). While there were a few air strikes, I can't say they helped significantly to warrant their use consistently. Buffed sniper samples in SC are very good though.

keiichi

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I've used the buffed snipers to attack in Squad War and when they are paired with Yavin, it's incredible. I was able to take down turrets and other buildings with 2 bombing passes, or they would be so weak, my other troops would basically wipe them out.

Schruaf
Captain

Post#4 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:46 am

I tested it too - when you have yavin. The air strikes of the rodians are indeed improved.
Of course you can only use rodian samples on sullust no skins.

I forgot to test the pilot as well.

aggiejeff

Post#5 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:12 am

I have one in my armory. How do you build them? I don't see them in the barracks or the Hero Command?

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:26 pm

aggiejeff wrote:I have one in my armory. How do you build them? I don't see them in the barracks or the Hero Command?

aggiejeff - The Naval Assault Unit in the Armory is a SKIN and so you need to mobilize the respective Hero or Train the respective Infantry while at the same time have the Armory Unit Buff Activated.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 pm

I expect every SC to be filled with sample snipes for the next few weeks and that makes it really easy to plan how to take them out. Every base I attacked in my squad's current war was loaded with them. Lure. Tie striker. No more sample snipes.

Boog
Major General

Post#8 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:21 pm

I have my sky pilot at level 8, and if you get a base with the loot buildings on the perimeter, he is awesome with yavin. I knocked out a few level 10 turrets last night with the tie fighters (which are level9).

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”