Squad Wars Is Back with New Rewards

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DarkRebel
Major General

Re: Squad Wars Is Back with New Rewards

Post#21 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Boog wrote:MTV7, shock trooper, Tie advanced, VT49 and Kessen are the classics.

ATRT, Vanguard, A-wing, HWK for rebels (and yes, Kessen too).

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#22 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:11 pm

pdqsport wrote:If it was me I would either do a full CB refill ....

LOL. And you think this is going to happen, ever :)
That's 20000 crystals (or $200), for a L16 vault.

Poene
Commodore

Post#23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

MobiusPrime wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
MobiusPrime wrote:not much of an incentive, Every decent squad has already maxed classic units over the summer. They should have left it at 16 frags but expanded it to include all frag based troops.

Our squad is ranked ~150 in medal count, ~110 in KSOD, #49 in perk level. I think my squad is decent (giving there are 10's of thousands of squads out there), BUT NO ONE HAS MAXED OUT ALL SPECIAL UNITS. ZERO. ZILCH.

Note that one squad war win, you either unlock or upgrade one level.
There are several special units (5, I think) to unlock and upgrade, and there are 10 levels.
Multiple them together, you are looking at 50 squad war wins (not lost, not ties) to unlock and upgrade to max level all units. One Tako tie and you get like 4 frags instead of 32 frags. We had several of those stinky Tako ties over the summer.

Your squad is one of the top squads. So your view is not representative of the general public.

So NO, I don't believe your statement above is true, in general.

I like the fact that they continued this classic unit frags. These units are very helpful. (my Kessen is still L3, BTW). And it only takes 5s to upgrade these classic units so they won't take up any more research time.

But I do agree that for those that have maxed out special units should get some other frags in exchange. Credits are useless for these players.

I get your points. perhaps rewording my original statement to "long time squads" would be more accurate. You didn't mention your squad name so I couldn't look up your record but I would imagine that while you are saying no one has all units maxed I would bet there are a number who are at least close or surely have all their units to a level that makes them very usable. I still doubt that in any squad with a good war record that changing from 16 to 32 frags will really make any difference. with all the down time I expected more and expanding to all frag units seems like a better incentive for everyone rather than doubling on classics.

I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Darkrebel. We are a "long time squad", having fought 190 wars (that's close to the maximum possible), with 157 wins (http://sod.lonegunman.ws/squad/f420bf07 ... fa/history). And yet no one in my squad has the classic units at max lvl. Most members have them (Kessen/ Tie advanced) at lvl 3 or so, with the exception of shock troopers more at lvl 5-8. We surely welcome these upgraded rewards because it will take many more squad wars before the majority of our members have them upgraded to lvl 10.
Your mileage may vary because you are possibly in a squad with members that participated in the old school conflicts. My squad members do not participate in conflicts at all, safe for a handful. That's why many of us were receiving our first classic unit frags when the Summer of Squad Wars started.

pdqsport
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
pdqsport wrote:If it was me I would either do a full CB refill ....

LOL. And you think this is going to happen, ever :)
That's 20000 crystals (or $200), for a L16 vault.

Notice...I said if it was me. It isn't. The Mouse will do what the Mouse will do and we will either fall in line or leave as it suits us. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

MobiusPrime
Commander

Post#25 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:37 pm

[/quote] I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Darkrebel. We are a "long time squad", having fought 190 wars (that's close to the maximum possible), with 157 wins (http://sod.lonegunman.ws/squad/f420bf07 ... fa/history). And yet no one in my squad has the classic units at max lvl. Most members have them (Kessen/ Tie advanced) at lvl 3 or so, with the exception of shock troopers more at lvl 5-8. We surely welcome these upgraded rewards because it will take many more squad wars before the majority of our members have them upgraded to lvl 10.
Your mileage may vary because you are possibly in a squad with members that participated in the old school conflicts. My squad members do not participate in conflicts at all, safe for a handful. That's why many of us were receiving our first classic unit frags when the Summer of Squad Wars started.[/quote]

No offense intended but I'm still sticking by my statement. your particular squad has clearly been around for a while however, half of your squad is level 2-6. no way those members were there since the beginning. Also you only have a handful of level tens, either your squad started off with all very low level players just at the beginning of squad wars or you have lost some higher level players along the way. I would suggest your squad is not the norm for what I would consider a "long time squad". Again, no offense intended as I am trying to refer to squads consisting of mainly level 9 and 10 players
Last edited by MobiusPrime on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SithLegionXII Empire, Competitive, Active, Adult, Drama Free Squad.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#26 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 pm

I love that Wars are back.

I haven't maxed all of the classic units yet, but I am getting close. I'd like to see a better alternate prize. I think getting Elite frags is a very reasonable alternative, and would keep commanders interested in War for many months to come.

IF the current approach must be maintained, it should change depending on what your principle resource reward is. So if your principle reward is 6million credits, the frag replacement reward should be alloy, and vice versa.

I'd also like it to include contra fills too. If the rarity status of contra has to be maintained, it could be delayed as a War reward until the base is maxed in terms of buildings buildable with credits and buildings/ /walls / turrets buildable with alloy.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#27 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:42 pm

MobiusPrime wrote:
I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Darkrebel. We are a "long time squad", having fought 190 wars (that's close to the maximum possible), with 157 wins (http://sod.lonegunman.ws/squad/f420bf07 ... fa/history). And yet no one in my squad has the classic units at max lvl. Most members have them (Kessen/ Tie advanced) at lvl 3 or so, with the exception of shock troopers more at lvl 5-8. We surely welcome these upgraded rewards because it will take many more squad wars before the majority of our members have them upgraded to lvl 10.
Your mileage may vary because you are possibly in a squad with members that participated in the old school conflicts. My squad members do not participate in conflicts at all, safe for a handful. That's why many of us were receiving our first classic unit frags when the Summer of Squad Wars started.

No offense intended but I'm still sticking by my statement. your particular squad has clearly been around for a while however, half of your squad is level 2-6. no way those members were there since the beginning. Also you only have a handful of level tens, either your squad started off with all very low level players just at the beginning of squad wars or you have lost some higher level players along the way. I would suggest your squad is not the norm for what I would consider a "long time squad". Again, no offense intended as I am trying to refer to squads consisting of mainly level 9 and 10 players

My squad is AncientWarriors.

ibrahim
Commander

Post#28 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 am

arent the atact and troopers frag classic too ?

Boog
Major General

Post#29 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:52 am

ibrahim wrote:

arent the atact and troopers frag classic too ?

Those are armory buffs. The others came early in the game, and originally they were all pretty useless. They were buffed/tweaked and became worthwhile.

RCM
Commodore

Post#30 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:02 am

Got 200th sw win today. For some reason my 143K contraband became 393K when I logged in today. Has anyone else received a contra bonus? I wasn't even notified; it was just there.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”