Squad Wars Is Back with New Rewards

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DarkRebel
Major General

Re: Squad Wars Is Back with New Rewards

Post#11 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 am

MobiusPrime wrote:not much of an incentive, Every decent squad has already maxed classic units over the summer. They should have left it at 16 frags but expanded it to include all frag based troops.

Our squad is ranked ~150 in medal count, ~110 in KSOD, #49 in perk level. I think my squad is decent (giving there are 10's of thousands of squads out there), BUT NO ONE HAS MAXED OUT ALL SPECIAL UNITS. ZERO. ZILCH.

Note that one squad war win, you either unlock or upgrade one level.
There are several special units (5, I think) to unlock and upgrade, and there are 10 levels.
Multiple them together, you are looking at 50 squad war wins (not losses, not ties) to unlock and upgrade to max level all units. One Tako tie and you get like 4 frags instead of 32 frags. We had several of those stinky Tako ties over the summer.

Your squad is one of the top squads. So your view is not representative of the general public.

So NO, I don't believe your statement above is true, in general.

I like the fact that they continued this classic unit frags. These units are very helpful. (my Kessen is still L3, BTW). And it only takes 5s to upgrade these classic units so they won't take up any more research time.

But I do agree that for those that have maxed out special units should get some other frags in exchange. Credits are useless for these players.

MobiusPrime
Commander

Post#12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:54 am

DarkRebel wrote:
MobiusPrime wrote:not much of an incentive, Every decent squad has already maxed classic units over the summer. They should have left it at 16 frags but expanded it to include all frag based troops.

Our squad is ranked ~150 in medal count, ~110 in KSOD, #49 in perk level. I think my squad is decent (giving there are 10's of thousands of squads out there), BUT NO ONE HAS MAXED OUT ALL SPECIAL UNITS. ZERO. ZILCH.

Note that one squad war win, you either unlock or upgrade one level.
There are several special units (5, I think) to unlock and upgrade, and there are 10 levels.
Multiple them together, you are looking at 50 squad war wins (not lost, not ties) to unlock and upgrade to max level all units. One Tako tie and you get like 4 frags instead of 32 frags. We had several of those stinky Tako ties over the summer.

Your squad is one of the top squads. So your view is not representative of the general public.

So NO, I don't believe your statement above is true, in general.

I like the fact that they continued this classic unit frags. These units are very helpful. (my Kessen is still L3, BTW). And it only takes 5s to upgrade these classic units so they won't take up any more research time.

But I do agree that for those that have maxed out special units should get some other frags in exchange. Credits are useless for these players.

I get your points. perhaps rewording my original statement to "long time squads" would be more accurate. You didn't mention your squad name so I couldn't look up your record but I would imagine that while you are saying no one has all units maxed I would bet there are a number who are at least close or surely have all their units to a level that makes them very usable. I still doubt that in any squad with a good war record that changing from 16 to 32 frags will really make any difference. with all the down time I expected more and expanding to all frag units seems like a better incentive for everyone rather than doubling on classics.
SithLegionXII Empire, Competitive, Active, Adult, Drama Free Squad.

BMP
Officer

Squad Wars are back!!!

Post#13 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:35 am

Finally Squad Wars are online again.

Prize was changed, now we'll get 32 fragments from old troops instead 16.

And looks like this is only news about it :(

Maybe we'll have some new features in future?

Would be great if we can choose wich fragment we would like to receive at least in wars prize.
An official on RESISTENCIABR, owner of HQ10, QG9 and HQ7 rebel accounts...

DeathStriker

Post#14 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 am

IT IS STILL POSSIBLE... that some "future" Squad War "improvement" is on the horizon... given the 2 week downtime they took...

The current "Rewards" may be just a place holder for a short while before new "improvements" are seen.

JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART... nothing official to state otherwise...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#15 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 am

I am well acquainted with receiving 3 million credits upon winning a Squad War, I asked if any data miners have seen that the reward has changed.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

DeathStriker

Post#16 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:37 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:I am well acquainted with receiving 3 million credits upon winning a Squad War, I asked if any data miners have seen that the reward has changed.

FinrodFelagund - Nothing new so far has been reported... but I will ask.

By Saturday, when some Wars will be completed (for those Starting Today) we will see if anything new is reported.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

pdqsport
Major General

Post#17 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 am

Switching the frag reward from 16 to 32 seems overkill. I still have old frag units to upgrade (Kessen at 5, everything else other than the Vanguard (which is maxed) at 3 or 4.

Giving credits when the unit is maxed is rather pointless. If it was me I would either do a full CB refill if all are maxed or maybe 4-8 frags from the newer pool of units if a person has the "First 5" units maxed.
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 am

DeathStriker wrote:
FinrodFelagund wrote:I am well acquainted with receiving 3 million credits upon winning a Squad War, I asked if any data miners have seen that the reward has changed.

FinrodFelagund - Nothing new so far has been reported... but I will ask.

By Saturday, when some Wars will be completed (for those Starting Today) we will see if anything new is reported.

We’ll complete a war on Saturday too. Just hoping they will give us the few frags we used to get.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

ibrahim
Commander

Post#19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 am

pdqsport wrote:Switching the frag reward from 16 to 32 seems overkill. I still have old frag units to upgrade (Kessen at 5, everything else other than the Vanguard (which is maxed) at 3 or 4.

Giving credits when the unit is maxed is rather pointless. If it was me I would either do a full CB refill if all are maxed or maybe 4-8 frags from the newer pool of units if a person has the "First 5" units maxed.

what are classic frags, any explanation, are they elite ones ?

Boog
Major General

Post#20 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:07 pm

MTV7, shock trooper, Tie advanced, VT49 and Kessen are the classics.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”