Squad War Matchmaking Data

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Midge
Admiral

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Data

Post#41 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am

Sigma582 wrote:Does this look like an underdog?

We are not stupid, we have lots of war experience, but when you face 10 lvlX bases, some maxed, some with lvl9 defences while having mostly lvl8-9 team you just technically can't get enough points out of them without tako. No matter how hard you try if your troops are just too weak to get 3 stars and defences are too weak to withstand lvlX attacks.

This I call mismatch and this makes no sense for either side.

I find it hard to call that anything but a losing streak. I mean, if you were so overwhelmed how did you get within 4?

Sorry ... We have been facing 10+ 10s since we carried only three 10s ... and we have fared all right. Probably should talk to your guys about pushing to Level 10 despite only have 2300 base score? And ... again ... of course ... you are pushing Level 10 with only a 1500 base score. You're asking for these matchups.

RF there only has FIVE guys above 2900 base score and that is if they were all in that war. Legends is 40-55 for crying out loud. Give me a fricken break.

You carry 7 level 10 guys? They need to get the wipes. That simple. That is more than enough firepower.

Sorry ... don't see the problem at all in your matchups. You just faced some teams that were good and they beat you. Happens to everyone for the most part.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#42 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 am

Midge wrote:...

you are being controversial. suggesting to go to 10 early to remedy mismatches but saying that going to 10 early causes mismatches. errr...

2 weeks ago (look at war times) we had two or three lvl10s, and we started rushing to 10 exactly because of these +30% mismatches. even if our defences get crushed we should be able to fight back up to 45-45.

I have no problem with being beating by more skilled teams, but I hate those matches when one side has no chance to win if the other one has at least basic understanding of what they do. Not because of skills, but because of big gap in levels of base structures and troops.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Midge
Admiral

Post#43 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:37 am

Sigma582 wrote:
Midge wrote:...

you are being controversial. suggesting to go to 10 early to remedy mismatches but saying that going to 10 early causes mismatches. errr...

2 weeks ago (look at war times) we had two or three lvl10s, and we started rushing to 10 exactly because of these +30% mismatches. even if our defences get crushed we should be able to fight back up to 45-45.

I have no problem with being beating by more skilled teams, but I hate those matches when one side has no chance to win if the other one has at least basic understanding of what they do. Not because of skills, but because of big gap in levels of base structures and troops.

There is absolutely NOWHERE that I would suggest going to 10 early unless there is a typo.

Pirate
Major General

Post#44 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:52 am

Midge wrote:there is NO WAY TO NUMERICALLY measure how good a squad is in WAR based on medals, base score or HQ level. You could MAYBE measure it with war results, which I do think Disney should incorporate somehow.

Yeah, would be great to see war record factored in (maybe it is in some way, who knows). War record could be used to adjust basescores, similar to how medals affect basescore for PvP matching (probably not to that extreme though). Could help more casual war squads stay in a slightly lower pool while pushing the expert war squads to be more challenged.

My biggest issue with this game is that it has so much potential that never gets fully utilized because of seemingly easy things to address.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Midge
Admiral

Post#45 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:28 am

Pirate wrote:
Midge wrote:there is NO WAY TO NUMERICALLY measure how good a squad is in WAR based on medals, base score or HQ level. You could MAYBE measure it with war results, which I do think Disney should incorporate somehow.

Yeah, would be great to see war record factored in (maybe it is in some way, who knows). War record could be used to adjust basescores, similar to how medals affect basescore for PvP matching (probably not to that extreme though). Could help more casual war squads stay in a slightly lower pool while pushing the expert war squads to be more challenged.

My biggest issue with this game is that it has so much potential that never gets fully utilized because of seemingly easy things to address.

NOW there is an idea that makes some sense. Though, they say it doesn't matter, but I have seen it with squad after squad. They start 15-0 and think wars are easy as hell ... and then all of a sudden the wars get harder even though they have not leveled up that much.

I am not convinced that the algo does not play a role in that.

But it would be nice to see it factored in somewhat like medals are as you said in PvP. It is a good comparison and probably not that diffcult to do.

The BIGGEST problem with all of this is the ease at skirting it. It is easy for players to jump squads, form entirely new blank slates with all 2900+ bases and just roll people. That is why all these mini squads popped up. It is 100% because they want to climb on the SOD boards and can easily without any challenging wars.

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#46 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Elite_Jedi_Crew v. EternalForce (Oct. 23, 2017 @ 2 at 2:05 UTC.

Data | Elite_Jedi_Crew (reb)| EternalForce (Imp) | SSRO
WPAHQ | 9.6 | 8.5 | -11.5%
WPAM | 14097 | 8649 | -39%
WPBS | 2654 | 2217 | -16.5%
WPABS | 4124 | 2961 | -28%
SAHQ | 9.2 | 7.7 | -16.3%
SAM | 16351 | 6872 | -58.0%
SBS | 2376 | 1917 | -19.3%
SABS | 3606 | 2425 | -32.8%
MMT | <.5 hours

War ended in a 45-45 tie.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

Boog
Major General

Post#47 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Our latest war matchup basescore totals:

Us: 25,356
Them: 42,451
Ratio: 1.67 (we lost, lol)

Our highest basescore: 2433
Their lowest basescore: 2597

Some of the members of my squad think that the squad rank is what determines match-making. We just hit level 40 a week or so ago, and have been hugely mismatched in the two wars that we've set up since then. I dunno, but I do want to set up a new side-squad, and have players move into it and go to war just to see if we get matchups like we did at the beginning of the summer when most of us migrated over from Windows. It would not shock me at all if the matchmaking just looked at squad rank, and paired 0-9 squads, 10-19 squads, etc. together, without regards to the actual war party strength at all. In this war, we have one level 9, 7x8's, 5x7's, a 6 and a 3. We drew 13x10's and 2x9's (and a top 100 squad overall). I'm not mad, we've won a ton, but I *would* like to know if there actually is a way to manipulate match making in your favor, other than just having 15 max level 10's on your side.

Boog
Major General

Post#48 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:12 pm

With all the above said, even when you are facing a certain loss, there is always an opportunity to make this:

Screenshot (72).png

Look like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JDD
Major General

Post#49 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Boog wrote:With all the above said, even when you are facing a certain loss, there is always an opportunity to make this:

Screenshot (72).png

Look like this:

+1000000 bravo, jolly well fought!

Centaur
Commander

Post#50 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:18 pm

We're ranked 1,146. Just got matched with Back4TheAttack ranked....30.
The Force! Do you speak it!!!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”