Squad War Matchmaking Data

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

Re: Squad War Matchmaking Data

Post#21 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Sigma582 wrote:all members? lol, does it mean that a squad of 20 maxed lvlX players will be considered 1.5x times weaker than squad of 30 maxed lvlX players? :D

karli really has no clue

Sigma582 - I think in this case "all members" refers to "all members of the War Party" and NOT the Squad.

(Reference Post found here to understand quote)

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Tsunami
Captain

Post#22 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm so damn sick of the unfair match-making for squad wars. Can anyone out there (hello developers??!!) give me just one!...one good reason why the rebels have to sacrifice for the abundance of Empire squads out there? We are consistently put up against squads that are much stronger and deeper than ours. What are we to do? The developers do NOTHING! This is ridiculous. Pathetic. Unfair. And uncalled for. Rant over but I know the unfair matchmaking will only continue. Sad.

Icdgaf
Commander

Post#23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm an Imp and let me tell you that my squad isn't fairing much better if not worse in the match making processes. We have 3 lvl 10s, (there not even true 10s), 8 lvl 9s and the rest are 8s and 7s. The 9s base scores are also low. Some rushed. But yet we go agents squads like Elite-Chaos, Skull-Squad or Sons of Death. How does this work? They are so far out of our league? Oh! Or every now and then we hit one of them sand bagging squads that have 8 or 9 max 10s then the rest 5 and 4s or something like that. Yeah lots of fun.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#24 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 am

I thought matchmaking had improved after a string of fair matches. But then we had one of our worst mismatches. Our War Party's total base score was 31,860. The Imp War Party's total base score was 43,434! They were 136% of our base score.

I have entered all the data Pirate has been asking for below:

Data | Squad (imp) | Squad (reb) | SSRO
WPAHQ | 10 | 8.8 | +14%
WPAM | 80,229 | 7,193 | +115%
WPBS | 2,896 | 2,124 | +36%
WPABS | 12,161 | 2,714 | +448%
SAHQ | 9.72 | 7.4 | +31%
SAM | 71,695 | 4,961 | +144%
SBS | 2,768 | 1,706 | +62%%
SABS | 10,678 | 2,027 | +526%
MMT | less than 10 seconds

I think this demonstrates that medals have no effect on matchmaking.

Pirate, if you want to increase you data pool, I suggest you make the data easier to enter, and ask for less data. Colours are great, but it was VERY fiddly to enter, even with copying and pasting your example as a template. It took me 30 minutes to enter this data and I'm not sure how often I'll have time for that.

The 'adjusted' scores (e.g. WPABS = (WPAM*0.00004 +0.99)+WPBS) are also too complicated to ask most people to enter. You're better off asking for the scores, and then doing a calculation in a spreadsheet, posted / displayed in the first post in the thread, if you still want medal data. Of course, if you agree that medals don't matter for War matchmaking, this won't be a problem any more, as those lines of data will go.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Pirate
Major General

Post#25 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:...

Well, I think you win the mismatch prize, that is terrible. I would get it if that was a match after 8 hours of searching but 10 seconds in plain stupid. I guarantee there were plenty of imp squads looking for a match shortly after you guys that had similar total basescore.

I don't know if there is any point to tracking data that has no correlation. I have tracked over 20 of our matches with the input from here as well and all that I have learned is that matchmaking is a joke. I get that squads of all heavy 10s shouldn't have to wait many hours for a good match but they also shouldn't throw the first squad with less than 30% difference in basescore at them.

First 30 minutes of search: +/- 5% basescore
next 30 minutes of search: +/- 10% basescore
next 30 minutes of search: +/- 15% basescore
...etc...

How easy is that?

At least this way you have a chance to bail out if you've been waiting a long time and don't want to draw a big dog. It's really not that hard to solve and better matches are better for business. No brainer, come on Disney
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#26 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:14 am

Quite. Our next match, though was much fairer. That's better than the back to back gross mismatches we were getting over the summer.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#27 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 am

Pirate wrote:

Well, I think you win the mismatch prize, that is terrible. I would get it if that was a match after 8 hours of searching but 10 seconds in plain stupid. I guarantee there were plenty of imp squads looking for a match shortly after you guys that had similar total basescore.

I don't know if there is any point to tracking data that has no correlation. I have tracked over 20 of our matches with the input from here as well and all that I have learned is that matchmaking is a joke. I get that squads of all heavy 10s shouldn't have to wait many hours for a good match but they also shouldn't throw the first squad with less than 30% difference in basescore at them.

...etc...

How easy is that?

At least this way you have a chance to bail out if you've been waiting a long time and don't want to draw a big dog. It's really not that hard to solve and better matches are better for business. No brainer, come on Disney

Quality Idea! I doubt you would find anyone who would object to this! We had a stretch of 20 wars recently where we were the underdog in 19/20 wars! All of which we were insta-matched. We still fared well but more even matches would be swell, and more fun for those non-lvl 10s in our squad.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Midge
Admiral

Post#28 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am

Pirate wrote:

...etc...

How easy is that?

This biggest problem you have there is that you ASSURE rebels and imps both of a 1 1/2 hour wait time. There are a many squads that don't have but a handful of squads within their stratosphere. It HAS to be a NUMBER OF SQUADS algorithim because a % base score one doesn't work. What if Brigade enters and nobody gets with 30% of their base score for the three hours you propose there? Or within 60% within six hours? That is VERY VERY possible with a squad like theirs.

It also does what the main issue for a LARGE gap in the algorithim is ... Brigade, PLC, Havoc, etc. would literally almost always have to war with each other and nobody else.

It has to allow for teams to face much lower teams because there are just too many of them and it is worldwide. You cannot tell a team they are only gonna match teams within 5% of them, then 10%, then 15% etc. when they can see that there are only like 10 teams in the game within that range they would only face the same squad over and over and over.

The matchmaking may be a little too large of a pool, but it makes sense logically. They have to pair teams and Imps are already waiting forever with the current setup. If you are a squad that is rolling with 4 10s and a few 6s ... then get those 6s moving quickly, or you simply are going to be outmatched sometimes.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Midge
Admiral

Post#29 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 am

Hoops8 wrote:
Pirate wrote:

...etc...

How easy is that?

Quality Idea! I doubt you would find anyone who would object to this! We had a stretch of 20 wars recently where we were the underdog in 19/20 wars! All of which we were insta-matched. We still fared well but more even matches would be swell, and more fun for those non-lvl 10s in our squad.

Show me that 20 war stretch and I will rip it to shreds. What makes you the underdog? They had higher base scores? They had higher levels? They were much better war squads? You're sitting at 54-21 ... exactly how unfair is the matchmaking? Will it only be fair if you're 70-5?

Midge
Admiral

Post#30 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 am

Tsunami wrote:I'm so damn sick of the unfair match-making for squad wars. Can anyone out there (hello developers??!!) give me just one!...one good reason why the rebels have to sacrifice for the abundance of Empire squads out there? We are consistently put up against squads that are much stronger and deeper than ours. What are we to do? The developers do NOTHING! This is ridiculous. Pathetic. Unfair. And uncalled for. Rant over but I know the unfair matchmaking will only continue. Sad.

Uh ... get deeper and grow your squads like they did? Suffer through a few losses like all growing squads do? Join a better squad? There are about a thousand things you can do.

But I think whining about it here is probably one of the least productive.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”