Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
XianLewis
Commodore

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#71 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
RedMorgan wrote:...

RedMorgan, my friend. I can well understand your position.

Can I suggest you add your matchmaking data to the matchmaking data thread here:
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21054

Extra data is always helpful.

I'll add my matchmaking data too as well. In the past 5 wars, our war roster has averaged about 32,000 Bscore. Our opponents have ranged from 38,000-44,000 BScore. Plus, they had a higher Skill score and rank! That's quite a set of advantages for them!
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

Boog
Major General

Post#72 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:35 pm

I have trouble believing that medals aren't a factor in match-making. My squad typically has level 8's and lower (down to 3), with moderate base scores/level, but relatively high medal counts. We generally draw many level 9's and 10's, but with low medal counts (compared to us). It has been a long, long time, maybe since right after we migrated from windows, that we had a war where based solely on base level, the two sides looked even. I'm not complaining, we have done very well in wars, I just think medals must come into play.

In our current war, we have one 9 (he just upgraded), 7 level 8's, 5 level 7's, a 5 and a 3. The opponents have 5 level 10's, 7 level 9's, 2 level 8's and a 6. We've had more 'unbalanced' looking matchups in the past. I'm not going to add up the base scores, but our squad medal count is 247K+, and theirs is 126K+, and their top guy, who has 46K medals, isn't in the war. Either we have just had crazy luck for our last 20-30 wars, or medals have to be a big component of the matchmaking.

Base level is only a component of a war, though. Organization is more important, and in my experience the more organized side usually wins. That has been our strength, although I know from my Windows days that there are just some matchups you just have no prayer against. Even force-quitting won't save you, lol.

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#73 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:59 am

@OP: You can say that again!
My squad (#550 or so )was paired with W.A.R.Jedi (#53 in war ranking, #13 in medals).
15 heavy HQ10s versus 7 HQ 10 the rest 8s and 9s.
Outposts were Tat, ErKit and Yavin, so little help for us there, no chance of a Tako-tie.
Regardless, we stood and fought to the best of our abilities and managed to do some damage. Besides we had very useful practice in fighting maxed and well-designed bases. Forces you to be inventive, not just spam jumps.
We eked out 24 uplinks and kept 1 ourselves, even though that base was attacked about 8 times. I was informed by one of their players that twice they got to 99%... :-)

Kudos to our opponents who allowed us to hold the outposts most of the time making it a match of sorts anyway! Congrats on the win W.A.R.Jedi!

So here we have an example of a mismatch which turned into an interesting one, due to honorable opponents.
Cheers
Darth Bratzzz
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

mkenobi
Major General

Post#74 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:53 am

Boog wrote:I have trouble believing that medals aren't a factor in match-making. My squad typically has level 8's and lower (down to 3), with moderate base scores/level, but relatively high medal counts. We generally draw many level 9's and 10's, but with low medal counts (compared to us). It has been a long, long time, maybe since right after we migrated from windows, that we had a war where based solely on base level, the two sides looked even. I'm not complaining, we have done very well in wars, I just think medals must come into play.

In our current war, we have one 9 (he just upgraded), 7 level 8's, 5 level 7's, a 5 and a 3. The opponents have 5 level 10's, 7 level 9's, 2 level 8's and a 6. We've had more 'unbalanced' looking matchups in the past. I'm not going to add up the base scores, but our squad medal count is 247K+, and theirs is 126K+, and their top guy, who has 46K medals, isn't in the war. Either we have just had crazy luck for our last 20-30 wars, or medals have to be a big component of the matchmaking.

Base level is only a component of a war, though. Organization is more important, and in my experience the more organized side usually wins. That has been our strength, although I know from my Windows days that there are just some matchups you just have no prayer against. Even force-quitting won't save you, lol.

I'm back to stormflame squad, the first squad i joined when i created my Imperial base after the Windows SWC shutdown. They are a level 43 squad and 4033 in the SOD ranking. We don't have any member at level 10. We have only 20 members, some are inactives, but we can do well in wars. This time we are currently in war against RogueSquadron33. They are 1614 in ranking and they brought 5 level 10s for this war. So, they lost for us in the past for 33:29, but this time the matchmaking is against our players if you compared only the level of the players. I'm not complaining, but i really don't understand the critery for the matchmakings.

SFlame --------- RogueS33
5 9s ------------- 5 10s
6 8s ------------- 4 9s
2 6s ------------- 1 8
2 5s ------------- 2 7s
----- ------------- 2 6s

We are winning 38:23 with 9h to go.

RogueSquadron33 has Base strenght 39,225 and most of their members have just a few medals, and no one has more than 2k medals. Stormflame Base strenght is 33,606 and most of our members have more than 2k medals, some have more than 7k medals, and our leader has 11k medals.

I think medals NOW ARE MORE IMPORTANT than in the past. So many squads are lowing their medals to compensate the high base strenght for war matchmakings. And what means "Mu" in the SOD squad ranking? I see both squads have similar MU: 28.481 x 28.335.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Boog
Major General

Post#75 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:05 am

Our current war:
Them level X 10----------Us 0
Them Level IX 3----------Us 1
Them level VIII 0---------Us 7
Them level VII-------------US 5
Them level VI 1-----------Us 1

And we've got a level 4. This matchup is crazy. Unlike a lot of squads here, their level X's can beat a level VIII base when they hold Tako and Tat.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”