Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
GeneralBeers
Captain

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#51 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 am

syncpan77 wrote:So how exactly was PVP matchmaking fixed? For my lv10 base it's tollay broken. It returned to a one planet game where only Tatooine is available. On my lv9 base it get to attack a whopping 10 different dev bases layouts, woopeee!!! so excited! No more real bases with loot to attack.

The PvP matchmaking caused me to quit playing the game for good two months ago. I made level 9 and the only bases I kept pulling were L10 dev bases which 1) were too amped up for my forces who were still L8 and 2) didn't have enough loot to help. Became too many hours trying to get all the loot I needed for just one upgrade and was already spending too many hours playing. I uninstalled from my tablet and phone quitting cold turkey. :( Miss my squad but my family is happy for my extra free time. :)

syncpan77
Major General

Post#52 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:01 pm

GeneralBeers wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:So how exactly was PVP matchmaking fixed? For my lv10 base it's tollay broken. It returned to a one planet game where only Tatooine is available. On my lv9 base it get to attack a whopping 10 different dev bases layouts, woopeee!!! so excited! No more real bases with loot to attack.

The PvP matchmaking caused me to quit playing the game for good two months ago. I made level 9 and the only bases I kept pulling were L10 dev bases which 1) were too amped up for my forces who were still L8 and 2) didn't have enough loot to help. Became too many hours trying to get all the loot I needed for just one upgrade and was already spending too many hours playing. I uninstalled from my tablet and phone quitting cold turkey. :( Miss my squad but my family is happy for my extra free time. :)

It seems to have gotten a bit better. My lv10 still sees more dev bases than anything (now on all planets) but my lv9 is getting fed the top brand names. Might not always scratch a star or two from them but I'm rolling in loot now!
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Boog
Major General

Post#53 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm

The problem with Dev bases is that they have low medal counts as well as low loot. The result is that they have a low adjusted base score. So, a lower level player with a decent medal count ends up getting matched up with a high level dev base that may only have 20 medals total, if that. The way to fix the problem would be to give them a static medal count that is appropriate for the base level. If it's a max level 10 (I draw these sometimes as a level 8 with 20 K medals), then it should have 100 K medals.

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#54 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 am

I feel like you should be able to get matched with a base slightly below your level, at your level or slighly above you is how it should work in general getting a mix of the three.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#55 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm

I have previously posted about out disastrous mismatches. I have noticed a change in our matchmaking parameters. It seems to have tightened up again with fairer matches becoming the new norm.

Essentially we had gross mismatches from 29th April to 29th July. I wonder if it was a 3 month test period?

I note in the LINE chats I'm in, top Imp squads are now waiting longer for matches, and getting fairer matches too. In fairness to them, they didn't want to be matched with cupcakes for months on end, but you can only War with the squad the game matches you with.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#56 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 am

I don't think matchmaking has changed; you're just happening to see better matches. Our current match up is 42993 (us) versus 35787 base score (them).
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#57 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 am

42993/35787 is 1.2, ie your War Party is 120% of theirs. 20% was the maximum limit of the old matchmaking parameters.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a mismatch, but not in the league of the gross-mismatches many squads faced in May, June and July.

It still sucks to be on the wrong end of it, though.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Pirate
Major General

Post#58 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 am

We've had our biggest mismatches in August. On August 11, we had 31002 us vs. 40996 them (they're total base score 32.2% higher than ours). 14 mature HQ10 vs. 3 mid HQ10. It was a Tako draw but it sure felt like a win.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#59 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:51 am

Pirate wrote:We've had our biggest mismatches in August. On August 11, we had 31002 us vs. 40996 them (they're total base score 32.2% higher than ours). 14 mature HQ10 vs. 3 mid HQ10. It was a Tako draw but it sure felt like a win.

That's the kind of gross mismatch I was talking about in my earlier posts.

I think that's an outstanding effort from everyone in your squad to get the 45-45 tie. We never managed it in our gross mismatches. Kudos to you and your squad.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#60 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 am

They tried, and tried again and can keep trying but i do not think Devs are able to solved the mystery about matchmaking for SWs. While Rebel, any squad I join we are faced with full level 9s/10s squads when we are a mix of level 6 to 10. We are crushed all the time with some squads 45 us in less than 40min. I've been seeing awful matchmakings for my Rebels Squads since I created my Rebel account about one year ago. The only way to get a fair match in Wars is if all Rebel players in the match are full level 10.

For the other side, for my Imperial account, doesn't matter what squad I am, we have fair matches most of the times, and many times we are blessed with easy targets. If we can't get the victory is because of the lack of skill and strategy of our players, and not because the rival is too much strong. We are going to war in the next hours with a Rebel squad named KnightsOfBacchus, and they have:

5 lv 10, 1 lv 9, 3 lv 8, 2 lv 4, 4 lv 3

While we have:

5 lv 10, 4 lv 9, 4 lv 8, 2 lv 7

So how four 3s and two 4s can be matched with four 8s and two 7s??? Except for the guys at the top, the matchmaking sucks for the others, Rebels or Imperials. We will have to attack mini bases level 3 and 4, and what fun has in this? I play wars because I can destroy bases 2 level above me if we have the OPs and I can test my skills and strategy in the old way, what it's impossible to do in PvP since the Armory and its buffed troops were introduced.

The only thing that changed was the time for get the matchmakings. It used to take a few hours, now we get the match in a few minutes or instantly, but the mismatches continue.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”