Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Hoops8
Commodore

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#31 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 am

RedCDR wrote:
Hoops8 wrote:Not that I am complaining (because attacking up is the rebel way of life) but I just checked and found that our main squad has had a lower base score for the top 15 players, than the top 15 players 18 out of our last 20 wars.

Most were not even close. The two that we had a base score advantage on were only by about 1000, while the average was attacking up around 5000 - 10,000 additional base score.

Just numbers again not whining, has been the way with my rebel base since the beginning why expect something else?

don't pull that bias matchmaking rebel crap, war matchmaking just has really loose matchmaking tied presumably by adjusted base score. This means mismatches can happen frequently the only way to make it less likely you will match stronger opponent is to have a war list full of level 10s. If anything rebels have a slight advantage in war as they get match faster they can practically choose the war start time which can be a big advantage . An imp vs rebel difference is seen in the squads of war statistics.

HAHA like I said, Not complaining. Not saying it's bias. Just stating facts, and my squad's experience. Perhaps it is dues to our status as a fairly middle of the road squads (8's 9's and 10's are evenly spread).

The matchmaking is supposed to be tied only to base score only, so we are an anomaly I suppose.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Fatboy
Captain

Post#32 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:31 pm

another unfair war 1 hour in losing 45-4
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#33 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:30 am

Almost all matchmaking posts on this thread are NOT complaining about faction bias in matchmaking. This is not a Empire / Rebel issue. It is a matchmaking issue. Whether it's a civil war or an inter-faction War, if you are a mix of 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s, but faced with an all 10 line up, it's an unfair match the lower squad cannot win. In this scenario, the dev's old idea of 'a lousy match is better than no match' is wrong.

It doesn't matter which faction you are in. No-one wants to waste time and units on a War they cannot win, and will get a lousy loser crate for.

By way of illustration, I added up the base scores in a recent mismatch. Our total base score was 33,490. The opposition total base score was 40,735. They had a 7,245 base score advantage, or were more than 120% of our total base score.

Translating that into simpler terms, a near max 10 base has a base score of around 2900. An average base score for a 10 is around 2,700. It's as if they had 2-3 extra bases at HQ10. It was unwinnable.

Squad Wars ARE what many players still love about this game. The armoury buffs and special event units aren't popular with many average / casual players. If you haven't got the newer perks / buffs / units unlocked, winning in PvP and therefore conflicts, is incredibly difficult now. It's true that it's really the first unlock that counts, as the improvements after that are incremental, but getting that first unlock is difficult for many players who aren't playing as much due to their dislike of changes in the game.

My observation is that matchmaking changed around the end of April. Rebels time for matching has been reduced to 8 hours. At which point you are booted from matchmaking and have to re-pick a War Party. I have repeatedly asked if Imps are being booted after 8 hours, and so far no-one says they are.

It may be that at lower levels (say all HQ 6 wars), a 20% base score advantage isn't insurmountable. At the higher levels, it is.

But for whichever faction, matchmaking needs to be tightened to no more than 10% base score difference at worst (say after being in matchmaking for 40 hours). We'd rather wait for a fair match, than waste time in a hopeless one.

Whether you accept there is a Rebel exodus or not. This does not encourage rebels to continue with the game, and the game needs both sides to flourish. Imperials still far outnumber Rebels in this game.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Joebobbillyray
Commander

Post#34 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 pm

After my 5th war on ios/android and we have been the cupcakes in all 5 and won 4. I'm often taking 3s and 4s into war. Had 2 level 8s miss on one of our 3s, how is that even possible?!? They did get 2 uplinks so it wasn't a server error.

Fill your damn squad centers!
Don't put people in war who won't be online to attack.
Doesn't anyone understand how the outposts work?
Don't let your high level players attack lower level bases.

6th war starts tomorrow, looking at the base levels it should be an easy win for the other side. It won't be and we will win.

I'm sorry but if you are complaining about mismatches in war, you need a different squad.

Moadib
Commodore

Post#35 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:11 am

matchmaking is not fixed Joe , as a reb 10 every 10 th war we get a decent imperial squad sometimes we need to make an arrangement to start war matchmaking in the same time usine LINE app with some imp squad so we can improve a possibillity to get better opponent or get them ,mostly cup cakes, not fun at all ,many opponents dont even show up in war once they see a mismatch ,90% lvl 8 vs all lvl 10 happens a lot unfortunately

you are in this game for to long to be a cupcake Joe,in squad wars it's the old school game so you are equal to the rest while in pvp you will be cupcake for some time until you get troop and turret frags but that's what HD are for

good luck Joe ,glad to see ya joined android a worthy imp you were on window ,take care
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#36 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

My Rebel Squad Brasil(RJ) is going to war against the Imperial Squad WMBootcamp tonight. Our opponent has 10 (yes, I said 10) bases level 10 and 5 bases level 9, while we have 2 bases level 10, 6 bases level 9, 2 bases level 8 (including mine), 1 base level 7 and 4 bases Level 6.

Obviously this has not been fixed. They say that matchmaking is based on bases score, that's fine. This leads to a squadron with high level players but with low bases score facing a squad of low level players but with high bases score, and vice-versa, right? Another thing they say is that rebels are always the weaker side in a war due to fewer rebels at war than imperials. Can be. And I'm beginning to believe in that.

I will to play because they put me in the war, but I don't have intention of wasting my time and resources on stupid wars like this, not anymore, or at least if we don't have a reasonable chance of victory, which is not the case here. But miracles happen.

EDIT: Not this time. As expected, in 30min they did 0 : 39, and in 40min already was 3 : 45. I looked for the squad in Search, but found no results for WMB, WMBoot or WMBootcamp.

Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Boog
Major General

Post#37 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:18 pm

My new squad has been in four wars now, and I have to say, I've been impressed with the match-making. We're all ex-windows, and in our first 2 wars had two level 8's on our side, and then bases all the way down to level 3. It took five hours to find a match during the first war, but jeez, the other squad was almost a mirror image of ours. They weren't very good, but I'm all about easy wars, lol. Our next two wars were similar-easy wins, mostly because the other side didn't know what they were doing or didn't have enough active players to put up a fight. Now, we have two level 10's, and in our last war we again drew an even looking match, but lost 41-38. They were just a little better than us, and the outposts were zero help. The OP's were Yavin, Hoth, and Erkit, and no one on our side had Yavin, lol. I personally wasn't too upset about the loss. It is tough to attack a fairly loaded level nine base when you have no shock troopers and no outpost support.

Maybe the matchmaker just runs into trouble when there are level 10's on both sides, and especially when one side has 15 level 10's. It's gotta be hard to find a good match for that. On Windows, we had two types of wars. Ones where we destroyed the other side, and we knew we were going to crush them the moment we saw the draw, and then wars where we were facing a top-25 squad, and we were gonna get crushed no matter what. Maybe that is what our wars will be like in the future for us on this platform. We really had very few close battles.

Joebobbillyray
Commander

Post#38 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Moadib wrote:matchmaking is not fixed Joe , as a reb 10 every 10 th war we get a decent imperial squad sometimes we need to make an arrangement to start war matchmaking in the same time usine LINE app with some imp squad so we can improve a possibillity to get better opponent or get them ,mostly cup cakes, not fun at all ,many opponents dont even show up in war once they see a mismatch ,90% lvl 8 vs all lvl 10 happens a lot unfortunately

you are in this game for to long to be a cupcake Joe,in squad wars it's the old school game so you are equal to the rest while in pvp you will be cupcake for some time until you get troop and turret frags but that's what HD are for

good luck Joe ,glad to see ya joined android a worthy imp you were on window ,take care

Thanks, glad a bunch of us moved over here. Hopefully it fixes the horrible pvp matchmaking of <20k loot dev bases.

I guess I'm used to us having 15 lvl 10s vs none or a handful on a semi regular basis. I routinely left my squad center empty on Windows, wasn't worth wasting the troops. Many of our wars were over in 15 minutes.

7th war here and we are the cupcakes again and are absolutely destroying them. Base level doesn't really matter, we went up against a squad with 4 lvl 10 bases that combined could make up 1 decent base. A decent 9 can easily kill a maxed out 10 with the ops. Even a decent 8 can get 2 uplinks.

Personal opinion of course, but this server is way more relaxed. I haven't been attacked in over 5 days and my defense is beyond weak.

Boog
Major General

Post#39 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Joebobbillyray wrote:
Moadib wrote:
Personal opinion of course, but this server is way more relaxed. I haven't been attacked in over 5 days and my defense is beyond weak.

It is bizarre to shut down, and not reload the game 10 minutes later to see if you got hammered. I'm running a full on HD base now. I never would have done that on windows. I get attacked *maybe* once a day. I couldn't tell you when the last one was, though, because my defense log is empty.

DarthRayne
Captain

Post#40 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:46 pm

The issue is the base score ranking. A lot of guys are now leveling their hq fast but keeping low level defenses which keeps base score low as to not get matched up in pvp against high level players that have same hq as them. So base score is also taken into account when matching for wars. I just think they need to do away with base score matching and match in pvp and in squad wars hq to hq. If you are a level 10 hq with lvl 6 defense and offense then that's your problem if u get matched up with fully level 10 bases. Means you didn't level your base as game intends. But you get so many people who manipulate the base score for easier matching. So if you are a lvl 8 base and get pummeled by a lvl 10 then most likely they kept their base score low to get matched against an easier base to steal all the loot. Lame.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”