Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
darthdoodie
Commodore

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#21 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:44 am

GeneralBeers wrote:I believe you are confusing how the user account hosting servers are segregated per OS. For example, an Android user gets hosted to a server dedicated for Android. He can't get onto an iOS or Windows device and then login to his Android account or vice versa unless he uses some workaround like an emulator, Facebook, etc. It has nothing to do with how squads are comprised though. They can be a mix of any OS's. I am guessing that servers that host accounts are the front facing servers and then are separate shared servers behind them that host squads, wars, matchmaking, etc. I can assure you that my squad is a diverse mix of OS's and none of my guys are clever or ambitious enough to run emulators or use Facebook. :) Well, one was actually. His iPad kept crashing during battles and then he discovered how to use Facebook so he could play on Windows. Meanwhile I play Android.

I just tried to find my Win squad from Android and came up with nothing. Same the other way around. Not sure how your squad is a mix of OS. I think iOS and Android are the same, Win is different?

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#22 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 am

Due to some legal requirements Disney is required to segregate Windows from iOS/Android. It has been this way since the game began. Squads are either iOS/Android or Windows phones and apps. You cannot have a Squad comprised of both.
If you have someone in an iOS/Android Squad claiming they play on Windows they can only be using Bluestacks or a similar emulator to do so; that or the person is lying for some irrational reason.
Take a look at the recruiting threads you will see separate threads for iOS/Android and Windows. These are modeled after threads from the old Playdom Forum created by Disney employees.
On another related note it is again legal reasons that cause is never to see Chinese players as they are also segregated into their own servers and cannot mingle with players from the rest of the world.

Now, back to the actual topic: the "fix" was NOT for Squad War matchmaking. Repeat, the "fix" was NOT for Squad War matchmaking. If you were to complain to Disney Support you will be told that Squad Wars are for Level 10 players, they have no sympathy.
If you are getting bad matches you need to adjust your Squad War team, add more lower HQ players to bring down your total Base Score; or adjust your timing so you are not in the pool at the same time; or adjust your tactics, perhaps your Squad does not understand how to use each Outpost. The only other reason a Squad may lose a lot is that the players simply are not great attackers, there are plenty of players out there who are not very good, if you are one of those, or your Squad has lots of them, consider joining a new squad, or visit another Squad that may be able to help you, or seek out one of the many many players who roam from Squad to Squad and enjoy helping others learn.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Pirate
Major General

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#23 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 pm

GeneralBeers wrote:I can assure you that my squad is a diverse mix of OS's and none of my guys are clever or ambitious enough to run emulators or use Facebook. :) Well, one was actually. His iPad kept crashing during battles and then he discovered how to use Facebook so he could play on Windows.

Eaxctly. He is using facebook on windows to play on the iOS / android server. If he were to use the app downloaded through windows, it would be load to a different game. There is a reason you can't find my squad using in-game search or squad ranking site, I'm not on the server you are searching.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#24 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:32 am

Sounded like earlier it was being said that squads are either all Windows, all iOS or all Android. I knew for fact we have Android and iOS so I said that was wrong. Now that I am hearing that iOS/Android are allowed in the same squad, I will check again. I can't say for certain that anyone uses Windows outside of the Facebook guy. Interesting about the Chinese.

FinrodFelagund - I appreciate your suggestions. I updated the first post just now to state that it was for PvP and not matchmaking. In terms of HQ's... We have one 7, five 8's, five 9's and four 10's. We just got sledgehammered by thirteen 10's and two 9's. So in regards to lowering our base levels down, I think they are low enough. We lost 45-29 which is a respectable showing all things considered. We are pretty solid with tactics and beat squads who are maybe only have a few more 10's than us. We have a guy in our Imperial squad who also plays in a very high level Rebel squad in which has level 50 dekas. He is saying we are using the right tactics but not much you can do when you get that over matched. Heck - if we were able to beat that squad there would have to be something majorly wrong with the game.

What kills me is that can supposedly take up to 48 hrs to select a squad during matchmaking. It took one hour to give us this matchup. I would be willing to wait another 47 to face off against only seven 10's.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#25 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 am

GeneralBeers wrote:Sounded like earlier it was being said that squads are either all Windows, all iOS or all Android. I knew for fact we have Android and iOS so I said that was wrong. Now that I am hearing that iOS/Android are allowed in the same squad, I will check again. I can't say for certain that anyone uses Windows outside of the Facebook guy. Interesting about the Chinese.

FinrodFelagund - I appreciate your suggestions. I updated the first post just now to state that it was for PvP and not matchmaking. In terms of HQ's... We have one 7, five 8's, five 9's and four 10's. We just got sledgehammered by thirteen 10's and two 9's. So in regards to lowering our base levels down, I think they are low enough. We lost 45-29 which is a respectable showing all things considered. We are pretty solid with tactics and beat squads who are maybe only have a few more 10's than us. We have a guy in our Imperial squad who also plays in a very high level Rebel squad in which has level 50 dekas. He is saying we are using the right tactics but not much you can do when you get that over matched. Heck - if we were able to beat that squad there would have to be something majorly wrong with the game.

What kills me is that can supposedly take up to 48 hrs to select a squad during matchmaking. It took one hour to give us this matchup. I would be willing to wait another 47 to face off against only seven 10's.

I have recently found, and this is purely anecdotal, that having a few L6s appears to bring on better matches. We too have faced 12+ L10s when we had 2 or 3, it really is no fun. I agree with you regarding the matching, I would rather wait longer and have an even match than get a quick match and feel like we got hit by a bus.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

syncpan77
Major General

Post#26 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 am

So how exactly was PVP matchmaking fixed? For my lv10 base it's tollay broken. It returned to a one planet game where only Tatooine is available. On my lv9 base it get to attack a whopping 10 different dev bases layouts, woopeee!!! so excited! No more real bases with loot to attack.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Pirate
Major General

Post#27 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am

GeneralBeers wrote:We have one 7, five 8's, five 9's and four 10's. We just got sledgehammered by thirteen 10's and two 9's.

Whenever we run a similar HQ breakdown to that, we also get matched with top squads with mostly 10s and a few 9s. If we limit the number of 9s and 10s and bring more lower guys, we have found better odds of getting a good match. It seems like there is a certain number of 9s and 10s that immediately puts you in the highest tier of matchmaking.

I'm with you though, I'd much rather wait for a good match.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#28 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 am

We had a 6 in the lineup of the previous two wars thinking it would help but it didn't Guy got pretty frustrated too and asked us to take him out of the lineup until he moved up levels. Said it was pointless trying to attack a 9 and he didn't have many buffs unlocked. Those that he did, he might get that one successful attack at the beginning if he was able to get on at the very beginning. His base has no chance at defense. I thought about saying, "But if we hang you out to dry we just MIGHT get a better matchup." Thought that would be wrong so pulled him. Don't want him to be miserable.

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#29 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Not that I am complaining (because attacking up is the rebel way of life) but I just checked and found that our main squad has had a lower base score for the top 15 players, than the top 15 players 18 out of our last 20 wars.

Most were not even close. The two that we had a base score advantage on were only by about 1000, while the average was attacking up around 5000 - 10,000 additional base score.

Just numbers again not whining, has been the way with my rebel base since the beginning why expect something else?
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#30 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 am

Hoops8 wrote:Not that I am complaining (because attacking up is the rebel way of life) but I just checked and found that our main squad has had a lower base score for the top 15 players, than the top 15 players 18 out of our last 20 wars.

Most were not even close. The two that we had a base score advantage on were only by about 1000, while the average was attacking up around 5000 - 10,000 additional base score.

Just numbers again not whining, has been the way with my rebel base since the beginning why expect something else?

don't pull that bias matchmaking rebel crap, war matchmaking just has really loose matchmaking tied presumably by adjusted base score. This means mismatches can happen frequently the only way to make it less likely you will match stronger opponent is to have a war list full of level 10s. If anything rebels have a slight advantage in war as they get match faster they can practically choose the war start time which can be a big advantage . An imp vs rebel difference is seen in the squads of war statistics.

swstats.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”