Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
User avatar
mkenobi
Admiral
Posts: 913

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#11 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 am

The matchmaking in this game is so stupid as all the game is stupid too, and we are more stupid because we keep playing this crap thinking they will fix this bug some day. You can cry that the matchmakings in Wars are unfair, and they really are, specially if you are Rebel you will fight Imperial Squads with players 1 or 2 level above the level of your players. That's a fact. Another thing is the PvP they claim was fixed. I don't play on Androids anymore. I picked the 50 crystals and I left game after the 40th anniversary. But on Windows, the matchmaking keeps the same crap: with level 9 and 10 attacking level 5 and 6 all the time, in any planet, or level 5 and 6 forced to attack level 9 and 10 players if they go to some unlocked planet. And worst, if you are on Tatooine and you are a level 3 or 4, you will be attacked by players level 7, 8 or 9 because the matchmaking became ridiculous.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#12 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:09 pm

I am an Imperial HQ 8 on Android and the PvP fix is really working well. I never get creme puff opponents anymore even on Tatooine. They are always 8's, 9's and 10's. On Hoth I get matched against guys with loot now but can't crack top 2% even on Tatooine! Am very glad for the lower level players but wish it took effect after I unlocked the med droid. :)

Rebels always fighting 1 or 2 levels up from you in Squad War is not fact. Just ask the Rebel squads we get matched up against. They have nearly all HQ 10 players. We have four 10's and the rest are a spread of 9's, 8's and 7's.


User avatar
mkenobi
Admiral
Posts: 913

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#13 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 pm

GeneralBeers wrote:Rebels always fighting 1 or 2 levels up from you in Squad War is not fact. Just ask the Rebel squads we get matched up against. They have nearly all HQ 10 players. We have four 10's and the rest are a spread of 9's, 8's and 7's.


Yes, it is. I played several SW on Android with my Rebel base Level 8. In every squad war i played, we were smashed because the Imperials had players 2 levels above our highest player. Some squads i was the highest player, and I remember well of a war where I was the only level 8 in the Rebel squad and i called to the matchmaking 2 imps level 10 and one level 9 when all our players were level 7 and below.

Same thing still happens on WIndows, when I played my last war with my Rebel level 6 base and joined a squad where the matchmaking for the war was insane. The Imps had 3 Level 3 Bot and 3 level 10 and 2 level 9, when our leader was the only level 9 in the squad, some level 7 and the rest level 6 and below. You can check that Windows Imperial Squad: France-Apéro-War - they have 3 bots level 3 and 3 bases named Lara Croft. I think they are some devs squad or something I really never seen in my years of playing. Most of them attacked our bases at the same time and took out all our 45 uplinks in less than 30min.

Most of Rebels squads on Windows don't want to play wars anymore. My current Rebel squad is one of them. I left the Android, so I can't tell you how the things are now for the Rebels after the 40th anniversary edition.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#14 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:06 am

You missed the point. If squads of L10 Rebels keep getting matched against our much lower squad then there are Rebels who are getting mismatches in their favor. So it isn't a fact that Rebels are always getting the crap end of the stick. Imperial hands are getting pretty smelly too. A lot of use don't want to play squad wars anymore either. We had a streak of six crushing losses where we really had no chance.

Just aside, I don't see how the OS platform could be a factor for squad wars. Most squads have mixed OS's. We have Android, Windows and iOS in ours.


RedCDR
Commodore
Posts: 134

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#15 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:09 am

I believe that matchmaking for war is atrocious. the only way to guarantee you end up with a suitable match or a miss match in your favour is to field a side composed of near max level 10s
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide


User avatar
Pirate
Major General
Posts: 492

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#16 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 am

mkenobi wrote:Most of Rebels squads on Windows don't want to play wars anymore. My current Rebel squad is one of them.


It isn't right to make a blanket statement based on your one experience. There are lots of rebel squads of all levels doing wars on Windows. You saw one team that sand bagged their low end bases to get favorable matchups.

GeneralBeers wrote:Just aside, I don't see how the OS platform could be a factor for squad wars. Most squads have mixed OS's. We have Android, Windows and iOS in ours.


There is a server for iOS / android players and a separate server for Windows players. If you have Windows users in your squad, they are either running an emulator or playing through facebook. The true Windows server is a very different animal than the main server you are playing on.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor


User avatar
XDragon
Cadet Trooper
Posts: 1

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#17 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 am

Our most recent squad war pitted us against a full squad of lvl 10's, some of them maxed where we had a few 5's, 6's and 7's thrown in with 9's and 10's. 30 minutes later it's 45-0


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#18 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Pirate wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Most of Rebels squads on Windows don't want to play wars anymore. My current Rebel squad is one of them.


It isn't right to make a blanket statement based on your one experience. There are lots of rebel squads of all levels doing wars on Windows. You saw one team that sand bagged their low end bases to get favorable matchups.

GeneralBeers wrote:Just aside, I don't see how the OS platform could be a factor for squad wars. Most squads have mixed OS's. We have Android, Windows and iOS in ours.


There is a server for iOS / android players and a separate server for Windows players. If you have Windows users in your squad, they are either running an emulator or playing through facebook. The true Windows server is a very different animal than the main server you are playing on.


I believe you are confusing how the user account hosting servers are segregated per OS. For example, an Android user gets hosted to a server dedicated for Android. He can't get onto an iOS or Windows device and then login to his Android account or vice versa unless he uses some workaround like an emulator, Facebook, etc. It has nothing to do with how squads are comprised though. They can be a mix of any OS's. I am guessing that servers that host accounts are the front facing servers and then are separate shared servers behind them that host squads, wars, matchmaking, etc. I can assure you that my squad is a diverse mix of OS's and none of my guys are clever or ambitious enough to run emulators or use Facebook. :) Well, one was actually. His iPad kept crashing during battles and then he discovered how to use Facebook so he could play on Windows. Meanwhile I play Android.
Last edited by GeneralBeers on Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
GeneralBeers
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#19 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm

RedCDR wrote:I believe that matchmaking for war is atrocious. the only way to guarantee you end up with a suitable match or a miss match in your favour is to field a side composed of near max level 10s


You summed it up perfectly. I just don't understand why everyone can't agreed it is equally muddled up for both factions. :?: :cry: :?:


User avatar
llamaman
Commander
Posts: 39

Re: Squad Wars Matchmaking Fixed - NOT!

Post#20 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Matchmaking is definitely not fixed in squad wars but have found it in pvp. As far a biased towards the empire you are wrong. My squad has 4 level 10s, a level 6, a couple of 8s and 9s and always get matched against rebel squads with high level 10s and maybe 3 or 4 9s. Check your facts Tsunami.


Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 18 guests