is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Sigma582
Admiral

Re: is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

Post#11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:06 pm

pdqsport wrote:Phoenix...in the our current Squad War there is a level 10 with his SC completely unshielded. Suffice to say, those were 3 easy uplinks

Sometimes I see guys who think that shields in 4 corners and HQ+SC in the centre is a good defensive strategy. And guess what? It works out very well... for me :twisted:
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#12 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Scott wrote:Yavin - 1 A-Wing, 1-X-Wing takes out an SC before you place a single troop. Yavin is a must have when your squad is attacking. When defending, Hoth is a must have because of the defense it provides.

just came to my mind... I wonder how many tie interceptors are needed to snipe a lvl10 SC through shields with yavin buff :)
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Scott wrote:Yavin - 1 A-Wing, 1-X-Wing takes out an SC before you place a single troop. Yavin is a must have when your squad is attacking. When defending, Hoth is a must have because of the defense it provides.

Without Yavin ... 1 A-Wing and 2 X-Wings takes out an SC ... if it is only shielded by one shield.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Sigma582 wrote:

just came to my mind... I wonder how many tie interceptors are needed to snipe a lvl10 SC through shields with yavin buff :)

It doesn't work anymore. Used to ... but that is why they nerfed Yavin. For a while there, with 5 Xwings, you could destroy all shields and SC to begin a battle ... even if the SC was shielded with all four shields.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Midge wrote:It doesn't work anymore. Used to ... but that is why they nerfed Yavin. For a while there, with 5 Xwings, you could destroy all shields and SC to begin a battle ... even if the SC was shielded with all four shields.

I remember that exploit and I know that it has been fixed.

But interceptors still penetrate shields and some use them to steal contra for example. It means they are able to deal damage to SC as well. And with Yavin buff this damage should be higher than usual. The question is, how much damage they actually deal and how many of them are needed to destroy SC building.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Sigma582 wrote:
Midge wrote:It doesn't work anymore. Used to ... but that is why they nerfed Yavin. For a while there, with 5 Xwings, you could destroy all shields and SC to begin a battle ... even if the SC was shielded with all four shields.

I remember that exploit and I know that it has been fixed.

But interceptors still penetrate shields and some use them to steal contra for example. It means they are able to deal damage to SC as well. And with Yavin buff this damage should be higher than usual. The question is, how much damage they actually deal and how many of them are needed to destroy SC building.

It is not enough for the z95s to even come close to hurting it. We have tried. I think when they nerfed it they made sure the things still crush their main targets (z95s on walls, Bwings on turrets, Xwing pretty much takes out an single target, Low level awing can blow any shield) but the buff doesn't help elsewhere. At least in the way we have tried it there have no been enough to get the SC hurt.

Poene
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:04 pm

I would rate them in this order of priority:

1. Takodana
2. Dandoran
3. Tatooine
4. Yavin
5. Erkit
6. Hoth

I spend each war 1-2 attacks on taking outposts. Many of my team members just go for the uplinks and sometimes score just 1 or 2 uplinks. Those attacks are essentially wasted. Anything less than 3 uplinks is a failure imo.

So yes, outposts are extremely important. I like to let the enemy take Takodana/Dandoran first (which increases it to lvl 6), then I retake it. They take it back and I capture it again, raising it to lvl 9. And that's the moment lvl 7-8 players are having a lot of trouble to assault it. I have never lost a lvl 9 outpost yet. It's so funny to see "Player X is attacking the Heavy Munitions Plant!". Then silence...... for more than 2 minutes. Haha :D :D
Even hostile lvl 9-10 players don't take it back... I don't understand it. Maybe they are intimidated by that beautiful maxed lvl 9 base with a shiny droideka. Ah well.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#18 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Midge wrote:...

ok, thanks for sharing these results and saving me some time :)
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

CC2224
Storm Trooper

Post#19 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Poene wrote:I would rate them in this order of priority:

1. Takodana
2. Dandoran
3. Tatooine
4. Yavin
5. Erkit
6. Hoth

I spend each war 1-2 attacks on taking outposts. Many of my team members just go for the uplinks and sometimes score just 1 or 2 uplinks. Those attacks are essentially wasted. Anything less than 3 uplinks is a failure imo.

So yes, outposts are extremely important. I like to let the enemy take Takodana/Dandoran first (which increases it to lvl 6), then I retake it. They take it back and I capture it again, raising it to lvl 9. And that's the moment lvl 7-8 players are having a lot of trouble to assault it. I have never lost a lvl 9 outpost yet. It's so funny to see "Player X is attacking the Heavy Munitions Plant!". Then silence...... for more than 2 minutes. Haha :D :D
Even hostile lvl 9-10 players don't take it back... I don't understand it. Maybe they are intimidated by that beautiful maxed lvl 9 base with a shiny droideka. Ah well.

Do you take over outposts with a three star win. I have been told that the outpost only spawns troops if the previous attack was a three star win.

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#20 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:49 pm

pdqsport wrote:Phoenix...in the our current Squad War there is a level 10 with his SC completely unshielded. Suffice to say, those were 3 easy uplinks

That was shocking, and beautiful to see today Fid! When I see an uncovered SC it's like a manna from the sky.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”