is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DemonSpawn

is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

Post#1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Is it really worth battling over outposts in war ..does it make any differences the higher they go in levels or is this just a way for really good squads to throw you off your game and wast turns??

BertO
Major General

Re: is fighting over outposts really worth it or a waste of turns

Post#2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Totally worth it. Most squads aim for 45 uplinks. Hard to get the third star without the buffed units or against beefed up defences. Hoth is of questionable value but the rest are almost essential.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:43 pm

I would add that Er'Kit isn't always worth it (no offensive buff whatsoever), but otherwise what Bert said. Takodana, Dandoran, and Tatooine are must-grabs. Yavin is helpful. Hoth doesn't hurt. Er'Kit doesn't hurt.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#4 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:19 pm

I agree with Pheonix: Tatooine, Dandoran, and Takodana are critical for consistently getting all three uplinks from the stronger bases. Go for them! Fight for them!
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 50 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

BertO
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:35 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:I would add that Er'Kit isn't always worth it (no offensive buff whatsoever), but otherwise what Bert said. Takodana, Dandoran, and Tatooine are must-grabs. Yavin is helpful. Hoth doesn't hurt. Er'Kit doesn't hurt.

Tako and Tat make Er'kit redundant, but if they aren't in play going against Er'kit can become a hard slog.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Python6
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:01 am

My squads probably put more planning into the outpost strategy than we do attacking bases when we have a high level war party. Very important to have a plan to get them and a plan to get them back when taken by your opponent. The buffs that they give are critical to getting all three uplinks. They aren't in play as much when we field a level 7 and below team since those guys can only retake them so many times before the outpost is stronger than they are, but with a level 9/10 war party they are always top priority for retake since those guys can retake even when the outpost is max level.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Scott
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

Yavin - 1 A-Wing, 1-X-Wing takes out an SC before you place a single troop. Yavin is a must have when your squad is attacking. When defending, Hoth is a must have because of the defense it provides.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:02 am

Scott wrote:Yavin - 1 A-Wing, 1-X-Wing takes out an SC before you place a single troop. Yavin is a must have when your squad is attacking. When defending, Hoth is a must have because of the defense it provides.

Wow. There are still SCs out there under only one shield?

Maybe Hiiitech is still playing.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

pdqsport
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:13 am

Phoenix...in the our current Squad War there is a level 10 with his SC completely unshielded. Suffice to say, those were 3 easy uplinks
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Former Officer in Kenobi's Command -- Retired
Level 50 Squad

PhoenixAwkns
Captain

Post#10 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 am

In my squad outposts are considered "must have".

We only go for uplinks after we get all outposts...

Outposts make all the difference especially hoth (shield regeneration) and yavin 4 (air units boosted)

So we spend the attacks we must to get them!
Join PhoenixAwkns_Aca
Requirements: English, Lv7+, LINE app & be active
Wars MONDAYS and FRIDAYS at 1:30pm EST (7:30pm Paris), perk LV50, 3 open spots!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”