[SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Axeman77
Commodore

Re: [SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

Post#21 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 am

DeathStriker wrote:SQUAD CIVIL WARS (Same-Faction Matchmaking) - Thoughts?

We are anticipating a new iOS/Android Client Update Release today - MAYBE - but while we wait perhaps we could discuss how Players feel about Same-Faction Matchmaking also known as Squad Civil Wars.

Thoughts?? Comments?? :?:

We have been matched with about 4 empire squads now since the update and we have enjoyed it.
Attacking empire bases had meant some slight adjustments in offensive strategy and dealing with Empire Speeders in an SC caught a few of us out the first couple of times. Some of my squad did tweak their defensive layout in readiness for the war but I was relatively happy that my own base layout already made it hard for Empire or Rebel attackers alike.

As stated previously, the biggest plus has been the reduction in time to get a match!! We used to wait a whole week for a match and now we can have 2/3 matches a week!!

All in all happy with the option and hope it is here to stay.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Quote for Thread Continuity.
Axeman - EPIC-SQUAD - HQ 10 - 24.1k medals
Axeman Lives - EPIC-SQUAD - HQ 8 - 7.3k medals
EPIC-SQUAD are recruiting for active new Empire members on android/ios. HQ5 & above welcome. PM me for info.

spiderx
Commodore

Post#22 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 am

Rebels get a war opponent in some 2 seconds. I participated (or watched) in about 90 wars and its always so easy for rebs. Nothing like 24 hours for imps I read there. If same faction wars do not help for imps - most likely that means that only very little fraction of imps use the new feature - thats why it doesn change anything,
Rebel HQ10. Base score: 2957 of 2964.
Favorite SWC website: www.star-wars-commander-info.com

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#23 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 am

I really enjoy it, since my base was set up to battle against vehicles instead of infantry anyway. Our squad had 6 since it started.

The biggest downside is during an attack, I have to stop and think "Is that my sniper or is it their's. Whoops, my guys are dead now. I guess it was theirs."
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

rRr
Admiral

Post#24 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

I was joining queue for our squad only once, allowed it but we did get Rebel opponents, so cant say how it feels fighting Empire, but it can be interesting. Will allow it for next queues for sure. ;)
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

willmayo20
Commander

Post#25 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:45 am

Have any of you guys (especially IMPs) had issues getting same-faction wars? We've had the box checked since it was introduced and have yet to get an Imperial adversary. Matchmaking takes only seconds (as it always has...).

IMP squad on iOS/Android.

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#26 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:29 am

willmayo20 wrote:Have any of you guys (especially IMPs) had issues getting same-faction wars? We've had the box checked since it was introduced and have yet to get an Imperial adversary. Matchmaking takes only seconds (as it always has...).

IMP squad on iOS/Android.

the civil war matchmaking system is for the squads that have to wait a week for a squad war. So the game looks for rebel opponents for you first and if there are no equal squads for you, then it will search for fellow empire squads.

On the top end, there are a lot of empire squads compared to rebels so there are civil wars between empire there. In the mid-teir levels, there are more rebel squads which is why you get instant matches but the rebels will have the civil wars at that level.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#27 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:56 am

Bubbling this up for discussion....

With the various complaints circulating about long waits for war matching and unbalanced matches, has anyone had good success or fun with same faction wars recently? It might be worth considering.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 45 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Schruaf
Commodore

Post#28 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:12 am

We always have the option for same faction on.

But actually we never get one imperial squad, always rebels.

Oh we are Imps :-)

Boog
Admiral

Post#29 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:47 am

Totally over rated and useless option. Benn clicking it for every war since it was available, on windows and this far, far shittier platform, and have never drawn an imp squad.

SithVicious
Squadron Leader

Post#30 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 am

This option is totally useless. Disney should add a No Op option... That would be awesome

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”