[SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DaLoc
Commodore

Re: Civil Wars: How's it going?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 am

2 civil wars for my main squad. The first one was a 17 hour wait (initiated right as the update rolled out). It was against Seattle4Vader and it started 6am Est so 3am for Pst. So they must of waited a similar amount of time cause they wouldn't initiate at that time.

The 2nd was a 25 hour wait. Another morning war and another blowout. Just initiated matchmaking for our 3rd war. Glad civil wars happened before max rewards week. The previous time, we only had 2 chances total.

My junior squad keeps hitting the civil war option but they usually get a rebel within an hour. (One of them was against skull squadron and lost by a point causing them to jump to the #1 rank on the sod site.)
Last edited by DaLoc on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

Euph
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:14 am

We tried a couple of times since the update and got Rebels. On the third attempt we got a civil war vs a considerably disadvantaged Imp squad, lined up to take place later today. Our 11 L10s and 4 L9s vs their 3 L10s, 8 L9s and 4 L8s. I was sort of expecting that with the opening of the matchmaking, that matches would get better.. apparently not. :roll:

Still, the Emperor has deemed these heretics traitors to the Galactic Empire, and thus they must be.. eliminated. :twisted:
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Sixace
Captain

Post#13 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks for the replies. Interesting. I thought that selecting the civil war option would only match as such. Apparently it just opens up the pool to both factions? And apparently not much help at that (time wise).
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#14 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:06 am

Without the civil war option, we had to wait about a week for a match sometimes 2 weeks. So this is definitely an improvement.

The algorithm probably goes into civil war mode after X amount of hours.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

Valiant
Commodore

Post#15 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:39 pm

DaLoc wrote:Without the civil war option, we had to wait about a week for a match sometimes 2 weeks. So this is definitely an improvement.

The algorithm probably goes into civil war mode after X amount of hours.

That is my thought we started search and at roughly 24hrs in it matched us with a top 50 Emp squad. So I assume the match making works something like this
1) initial look ideal match - if no match go to 2
2) widen parameters of possible match - if no match go to 3
3) further widen parameters of match making - if no match go to 4
4) if civil war selected seek match up at current parameters for all available contestants - if no match go to 5
5) forget parameters and stick two teams together - have a snickers

In regards to match making our opponet has:
6 full on level 10s
4 mid level 10s (between 9 & 10 0n turrets - SCs ex. are 10)
3 new 10s (mostly lvl 9 turrets)
2 lvl 9s

We decided to let some of our lower guys in this war so we have:
1 nearly full 10
2 mid level 10s
1 new 10
6 level 9s (half solid 9s half new 9s)
2 level 8s
3 level 7s

So yeah match making is real good there :roll:

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Wow, I beat we won't see it for ages on Windows. But we usually get matched in seconds (don't ask why), so there's no need for us to take on other imps (well, may be just for the sake of fun).
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Ghost666
Major General

Re: [SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

Post#17 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:15 am

I wanted to play an empire squad...but cant...3 attempts and we always get a Rebel opp.

HOWEVER...i have no doubt matchmaking got MUCH faster...24h or less...one we got it in 20min...NEVER happened before...

I almost tempted to go to the main forum and give them an ataboy...just not sure if someone actually reads that forum...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Ghost666
Major General

Post#18 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:17 am

Sigma582 wrote:Wow, I beat we won't see it for ages on Windows. But we usually get matched in seconds (don't ask why), so there's no need for us to take on other imps (well, may be just for the sake of fun).

I read somewhere that matchmaking is reversed on Windows server...there it is the rebs that have issues...and "need" the civil war thing...

Not sure...just hear say

As a side note...i think Reb bases will have more issues with civil war...imperial bases will PROBABLY handle better the Imperial attack than Reb bases with Reb attack...
"All Walls Must Die" - Imperial Sniper Corps Unofficial Motto

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#19 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:46 am

Windows server just got an update featuring Civil wars and Armory.
As usual with Disney updates it keeps saying "new update available" but when you download the app it's still the old version.
Should be available soon though.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DeathStriker

Post#20 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:37 am

SQUAD CIVIL WARS (Same-Faction Matchmaking) - Thoughts?

We are anticipating a new iOS/Android Client Update Release today - MAYBE - but while we wait perhaps we could discuss how Players feel about Same-Faction Matchmaking also known as Squad Civil Wars.

Thoughts?? Comments?? :?:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”