[SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

[SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

Post#1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Client Update 4.4.0. - In-Game Developer Notes Posted

NOTE: Rebel Vs. Rebel or Empire vs. Empire Squad Wars!

Keeping Everyone Informed

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DaLoc
Commodore

Re: [SQUAD WARS] New Feature - Same Faction Matchmaking

Post#2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:33 pm

If you were in matchmaking before the update took place, you won't get a same faction war. You will have to cancel and restart it. While selecting your team, on the bottom left is a button to opt into same faction wars.

So far 3 hours and no war for my squad.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

BertO
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Is this another "no wasted planes" update? Big hype, zero delivery.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Sixace
Captain

Post#4 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I vote the imp squads opt for civil war ONLY. This will help to let us catch up on the 2-1 war advantage and start time advantage the rebs have had since day one.

Also, let them just kesssnipe each other to a bunch of draws until it kessen gets nerfed.
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 am

17 hours for my squad and we got a same faction war.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

Decaydead
Officer

Post#6 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 am

Its too soon, we are all into a war so we need to wait till all of us finish wars and when we all activate the new option it will be a lot of fun..
Join the dark side.. SteelCityStorm2. We are a 24/7 worldwide active group. Need more European players tho.

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#7 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:23 am

We just got a match with inter faction imperial after 6 hours and we were hoping the matchmaking was a bit more fair, but the sum of base difference is -16. We have been in 35 wars but only a few times have we ever been higher.

We manage to win half of these wars without a X, while facing squads with many Xs. But it has taken a gargantuan effort to win. And against the mature Xs (150) match we just practiced. They really need to fix this, but they won't.

122 122 127 122 126 128 128 121 127 127 => sum of our bases
135 126 142 128 131 140 150 135 141 143 => sum of opponent bases
-13 -4 -15 -6 -5 -12 -22 -14 -14 -16 => diff.

Sixace
Captain

Civil Wars: How's it going?

Post#8 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:40 am

Civil Wars: How's it going?

It's something many have asked for and we got it! Now, there seems to be little chatter on the subject. Why?

1.) Anybody doing it? How goes it?
2.) If not, why?

Seems the biggest reason for perhaps not doing it might be base re-construction? Without the ability to save layouts, switching between factions might be too much? Also, there is the fear factor. Comfort zone, etc.

For the record, it has not even come up for discussion in our Imp squad..yet.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Thread Title to Thread Post Prior to Thread Merge
Empire Player Lvl10

“He who only sees the obvious, wins his battles with difficulty; he who looks below the surface of things, wins with ease”
― Sun Tzu

MarreOngla
Commodore

Re: Civil Wars: How's it going?

Post#9 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:21 am

Sixace wrote:It's something many have asked for and we got it! Now, there seems to be little chatter on the subject. Why?

1.) Anybody doing it? How goes it?
2.) If not, why?

Seems the biggest reason for perhaps not doing it might be base re-construction? Without the ability to save layouts, switching between factions might be too much? Also, there is the fear factor. Comfort zone, etc.

For the record, it has not even come up for discussion in our Imp squad..yet.

I'm reluctant, as my base is largely anti vehicle (due to the frequency of seeing EATAT and MHCs). If I was attacked by rebels, I doubt my base would do as well.
Marre Ongla - HQ 10 - 35k medals
Crix Madine - HQ 10 - 7k medals
SkywalkersPride and OrganasPride are recruiting for active rebels. All HQ levels & medal counts welcome. For more info PM me or message me on Line, ID marre_ongla :)

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Civil Wars: How's it going?

Post#10 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 am

There's been a few wars that I know of, CircleofLords vs. JuiceBoxHeroes that was a very close one, C.O.L won by one pt I think.. and then I do believe Imperial_Enclave took on ImperialSnipers2, and then RedNine vs. LosAngelesEmpire.

We've been trying to get into a civil war but no luck, we still get matchups with Rebels. Might be interesting to face a squad knowing they have no anti-vehicle units in their SCs, things might just be easier in that sense. Unless a base has a tightly packed corner layout with SC surrounded by everything, you'll certainly not run into Skiffs or Snipers with dps multiplier against mech for sure.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”